Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Contract???
Little Star75 02:19 PM 02-20-2013
I would like to know providers that have parents under subsidized programs if you still have a contract? If yes, what areas are I portent to include? If you don't mind sharing with me. I would like to include for example; days not paid by program parent will be fully responsible etc....

Thank you
Blackcat31 02:31 PM 02-20-2013
I have a section in my handbook about our child care assistance program. The familie on assistance have the same contract as everyone else other than the area where it says method of payment. They simply check the box marked Child Care Assistance Program.

Here is what my handbook says:

If your family participates with CCAP for child care payments you will be responsible for any and all amounts they do not cover for services, late fees, provider vacations, withdraw notices and child absences etc.
It is your responsibility as the recipient of this funding to know the rules and policies of the program.

NO services will be provided without a current copy of your CCAP service agreement or direct verification from your case worker.

Please remember that the assistance program is only meant to provide you with assistance in paying for your child care costs. It is NOT intended to cover the cost completely.

The 'co-pay' and 'parent fee' are two separate amounts and will be due every other Friday, IN ADVANCE of the next two weeks of care. If at any point you lose eligibility for the assistance program, you will be responsible for all tuition fees IN FULL before additional services will be provided.

It is also important to remember that the CCAP program is meant to provide financial assistance to you while you are at work, school or seeking employment. It is not designed so that you can run errands or spend time at home while your child is at child care.

If at any time I feel you are abusing the CCAP program, I will report my suspicions to the fraud investigator at Itasca County Department of Health and Human Services as mandated to do per my licensing rules and regulations.

Little Star75 02:34 PM 02-20-2013
Very helpful, thank you!
rmc20021 03:25 PM 02-20-2013
You absolutely must have a portion in your contract regarding child care assistance payments or a family can take every opportunity to abuse your services.

I once had a family with 2 kids and the mom was no longer working but bringing the kids anyways. The payments were denied and when I confronted her about it, she claimed she WAS working...but I called her employment and found out she was lying.
Little Star75 03:28 PM 02-20-2013
You are right I never thought about it. This is my first subsidized parent. I also just found out over the weekend that we must have a CIty permit??? I know, I never new. So now I don't know what I'm faced with, denial?? Fines???? Omg
Zoe 03:42 PM 02-20-2013
I've always wondered about this. Is it legal to charge them late fees and holiday/vacation pay? I know we can't charge the state, but is it ok to charge the parent directly?
MarinaVanessa 04:20 PM 02-20-2013
I also just have an added section to my contract and handbook (in my area I can charge a subsidy client what the subsidy program doesn't cover).

Here's what I have in my Contract:
Terms of Payment and Fees
1. Fee Agreement
a. The child care rate for the child stated in this contract will be as follows: __________________________________________________________
b. If the client is receiving subsidized assistance from a government agency, the client is responsible for paying the full amount of any fees under this contract that the government agency does not pay the provider.

If the client is on an alternate payment program please list the name of your caseworker, contact number and name of the agency here:
Caseworker: ____________________________ Phone Number: __________
Agency: _______________________________________________________

Here's what I have in handbook:
Childcare Assistance Payments
The daycare accepts all forms of childcare assistance (CDR, CHS etc.). Proof of qualification must be provided such as a recent notice of action or acceptance letter before the child will be admitted. The child care provider will also call to confirm that the client and provider are both approved and can begin child care services. The client must pay all fees until the first subsidy payment is received (usually after 2 months). The daycare provider will then reimburse the parent in the form of a check once the childcare provider receives the subsidy payment.

Many times childcare assistance does not cover the full cost of tuition. It is the client’s responsibility to immediately pay any part of tuition that is not covered by the childcare assistance program.

In addition, any fees incurred by a family such as (but not limited to) late payment fees, late-pick-up fees, non-sufficient funds fees etc. are not covered by any childcare assistance program therefore these fees must be paid by the client immediately.
Little Star75 07:18 PM 02-20-2013
Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa:
I also just have an added section to my contract and handbook (in my area I can charge a subsidy client what the subsidy program doesn't cover).

Here's what I have in my Contract:
Terms of Payment and Fees
1. Fee Agreement
a. The child care rate for the child stated in this contract will be as follows: __________________________________________________________
b. If the client is receiving subsidized assistance from a government agency, the client is responsible for paying the full amount of any fees under this contract that the government agency does not pay the provider.

If the client is on an alternate payment program please list the name of your caseworker, contact number and name of the agency here:
Caseworker: ____________________________ Phone Number: __________
Agency: _______________________________________________________

Here's what I have in handbook:
Childcare Assistance Payments
The daycare accepts all forms of childcare assistance (CDR, CHS etc.). Proof of qualification must be provided such as a recent notice of action or acceptance letter before the child will be admitted. The child care provider will also call to confirm that the client and provider are both approved and can begin child care services. The client must pay all fees until the first subsidy payment is received (usually after 2 months). The daycare provider will then reimburse the parent in the form of a check once the childcare provider receives the subsidy payment.

Many times childcare assistance does not cover the full cost of tuition. It is the client’s responsibility to immediately pay any part of tuition that is not covered by the childcare assistance program.

In addition, any fees incurred by a family such as (but not limited to) late payment fees, late-pick-up fees, non-sufficient funds fees etc. are not covered by any childcare assistance program therefore these fees must be paid by the client immediately.

Wow, you are all very helpful. Thank you so much
Blackcat31 07:43 AM 02-21-2013
Originally Posted by Zoe:
I've always wondered about this. Is it legal to charge them late fees and holiday/vacation pay? I know we can't charge the state, but is it ok to charge the parent directly?
Zoe~ In MN you CAN charge the state for any federal holidays you are closed and each family on the CCAP program gets a certain amount of absent days where you can bill the state for days in which they do not attend child care but were normally scheduled.

You are also encouraged to charge parents any money that the state does not pay. For example the state reimbursement rate here is $2.75 short of what I charge each week. My family on assistance has to pay that difference along with their bi-weekly co-pay.

If you do not have a copy of the rules for the CCAP program, let me know and I can get it for you.
Zoe 07:52 AM 02-21-2013
Thanks blackcat! I've never had anyone on assistance in my daycare. It's not that I don't take it, I've just never had anyone! I've asked the people in charge at our county of ccap and they keep telling me they'll give me all the info once someone signs up, which is a little frustrating because I'd love to actually be educated prior to that! If you have a copy I'd love one. I'm a girl who loves to be prepared!
melilley 08:36 AM 02-21-2013
Thanks blackcat! I've never had anyone on assistance in my daycare. It's not that I don't take it, I've just never had anyone! I've asked the people in charge at our county of ccap and they keep telling me they'll give me all the info once someone signs up, which is a little frustrating because I'd love to actually be educated prior to that! If you have a copy I'd love one. I'm a girl who loves to be prepared!
It's the same here! I have called DHS twice and even went down there and they gave me the wrong info. I too have been told that I would get the info when they sign up and the paperwork goes through, but I too want to be prepared. I have been getting calls from families on assistance, but all I can tell them is that I do accept it, but I'm not 100% sure how it works. It's fine that you will get the info once someone signs up, but I am too paranoid that things will get messed up because I don't know what I'm doing.
Blackcat31 09:12 AM 02-21-2013
I PM'ed you the link to the entire 350 page handbook.
MarinaVanessa 09:26 AM 02-21-2013
Originally Posted by melilley:
It's the same here! I have called DHS twice and even went down there and they gave me the wrong info. I too have been told that I would get the info when they sign up and the paperwork goes through, but I too want to be prepared. I have been getting calls from families on assistance, but all I can tell them is that I do accept it, but I'm not 100% sure how it works. It's fine that you will get the info once someone signs up, but I am too paranoid that things will get messed up because I don't know what I'm doing.
That's how it works here too. They won't give you all of the information until you go in to sign the paperwork with the subsidy program. I asked a provider friend of mine if I could take a look at her contract and paperwork for the subsidy program and was able to read everything beforehand and ask her questions about how it works before I ever had my first client. Can you do the same?
Reply Up