Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>4 Months Crawling On All Fours
hottie8962 03:13 PM 11-28-2015
Ive only had this little one 6 times she just started , today she was actually crawling, belly off the floor on all fours crawling,*I was shocked ive never seen a 4 month old crawling, she ended up all the way across the room , has any one had this age crawl before its shocking ive got to take a video (I have permission).
nannyde 04:21 PM 11-28-2015
Originally Posted by hottie8962:
Ive only had this little one 6 times she just started , today she was actually crawling, belly off the floor on all fours crawling,*I was shocked ive never seen a 4 month old crawling, she ended up all the way across the room , has any one had this age crawl before its shocking ive got to take a video (I have permission).
I have had one. Freaky. Had one fully walking at seven months one week. Both had older sibs.
Controlled Chaos 08:10 AM 11-29-2015
I am sooo glad my 4m old can't Not ready to chase that little bug around quite yet!
hottie8962 05:58 PM 11-29-2015
Glad u also had one crawl that early I thought it was a dream or something.I said I know I put u on that blanket over there.I also have a 7 month old part time who just came today and is crawling and walking holding on to furniture when two weeks ago he could not crawl just rocked back n forth and scoot some.I was told this 7 month old siblings walked at 8 months. Slow down kids im not ready to chase both the 4 month old and 7 month old.
nanglgrl 10:37 PM 11-29-2015
Originally Posted by hottie8962:
Glad u also had one crawl that early I thought it was a dream or something.I said I know I put u on that blanket over there.I also have a 7 month old part time who just came today and is crawling and walking holding on to furniture when two weeks ago he could not crawl just rocked back n forth and scoot some.I was told this 7 month old siblings walked at 8 months. Slow down kids im not ready to chase both the 4 month old and 7 month old.
My 4th child walked at 7 months and immediately taught himself to climb baby gates. When he was about 15 months old I found him on top of the fridge getting into the Halloween candy that I hid up there to get it out of reach. One of my other children walked right on her first birthday and My other daughter was 11 months. My oldest son walked about 20ft around 8 months and then fell and cried. I of course called everyone because he was my first child and of course the little stinker didn't walk again for 4 more months.

He was always my scaredy cat child, the last to do everything physically. I think it took me 2 years and full body armor to get him to attempt to ride a bike without training wheels. The 4th one has always been highly active. He makes my hair grey. He's 5 now, has a 6 pack (seriously) and huge muscles in his arms. He flexed for grandma the other day and she went to do the "oh that's so cute, look at your big muscles" thing that we all do and she ended up saying "holy crap, grandpa come look at this!" Lol.
nanglgrl 10:41 PM 11-29-2015
Too add, my son that walked at 7 months was also very small for his age. He looked like a small 5 month old. Maybe it was because I was with him all the time and hadn't had little babies in my daycare for a long time but I didn't even think of how odd it looked. When we were out in public people would see him walking and ask "how old is he?" time and time again and then be astonished. He looked so teeny tiny.
mommiebookworm 07:54 AM 11-30-2015
Wow! I would be so scared to have a 4 month old that crawls! Yikes!
daycarediva 09:18 AM 11-30-2015
Originally Posted by nanglgrl:
Too add, my son that walked at 7 months was also very small for his age. He looked like a small 5 month old. Maybe it was because I was with him all the time and hadn't had little babies in my daycare for a long time but I didn't even think of how odd it looked. When we were out in public people would see him walking and ask "how old is he?" time and time again and then be astonished. He looked so teeny tiny.
This was my oldest. She was 15lbs at a year. She was crawling well at 4m, walking unassisted at 7m, and speaking in sentences at a year. I was asked on MORE than one ocassion if she was a 'little person'.
Unregistered 07:14 AM 12-05-2015
My brother's son crawled at 4 months and walked at 9. Crazy.

I have 4 kids--the earliest walked at 10 months old, but the last one gave me a precious gift and did not walk until 19 months old. Love that girl!
nanglgrl 09:47 AM 12-05-2015
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
This was my oldest. She was 15lbs at a year. She was crawling well at 4m, walking unassisted at 7m, and speaking in sentences at a year. I was asked on MORE than one ocassion if she was a 'little person'.
Ha! I know that feeling, people didn't outright ask but they insinuated. Actually, because he was so tiny for his age, I started to think he might be (he wasn't). The doctor was having us come in just to check his height/weight and told me to feed him whatever and whenever he wanted...funny thing is he was ALWAYS eating but my kids just generally prefer healthier foods. He caught up and went from 0 percentile to I think the last time we were in his was at the 30th percentile and height/weight are both growing at a steady rate.
I'm just glad he was my 4th child and not my 1st. If he'd been my first I probably would have thought he was some sort of genius for doing everything early and would have bragged so much when he potty trained himself at 2yo in a day that I would have lost friends...I probably would have also been totally freaking out about the growth/height thing.
BabyMonkeys 01:35 PM 12-05-2015
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
The exact same thing happened with my daughter, except she was only 12lbs at a year. Perfectly healthy, just tiny. She is 17 now and only 4'10. We went out to eat when she was barely a year old and she asked the waitress for "grilled cheese please" I thought the waitress was going to fall over. lol She brought every employee in the place to come see the baby because she said no one would believe her. It was hilarious!
Tags:crawler, milestones
Reply Up