Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Advice Needed: Mobile Dance Program
Kimbi 11:14 PM 02-10-2011
Hi everyone,

I hope I am in the right place as I am new here. I just wanted to ask if any one can provide advice on the best way to offer my new mobile dance program to Day Care Facilities in my area (Southern California)

Would you personally prefer to be contacted via phone (cold calling), by mail or in person? I know during the day it is probably difficult to have a conversation and I want my approach to be as positive as possible.

Also for those who already offer dance in their program what kind of arrangements do you have with the dance company? Do they have to pay a fee? what about liability issues?

Any information would be greatly appreciated. . .
Michael 12:41 AM 02-11-2011
Welcome to the forum Kimbi!
Cat Herder 03:52 AM 02-11-2011
I used to schedule all the activities for several large centers as a part of my job and I preferred to have received the information by mail. It saved us all a couple steps .

If an instructor called or dropped in, I would just tell them to mail it. I had to have it in writing. No business could be conducted over the phone, there had to be a paper trail.

That allowed me to then research the instructor myself, check references and run a background/BBB check.

Once I was 100% confident I would present it to the owner and get back to them when I was ready.

Many scheduled appointments to meet with me, but the "hard sell" technique was a HUGE warning flag.... The owner did NOT like to pushed with deadlines and constant calls, so the more I was pushed the less likely I was to recommend anyone to the owner. I was the "BS Buffer" as he called me .

We had ballet, tap, jazz, gymnastics, Spanish, French immersion, swimming, homework tutors and tennis.

If it was nice out athletics went to the courts, if it was rainy they were in the gym. Each instructor had different days and either morning or afternoon slots.

Swimming was obviously at the pool . (they canceled alot for weather and eventually we just sent a couple teachers to lifeguard training, much more cost efficient.)

Academics were in the cafeteria, same schedule.

Parents had sign up sheets, fee schedules and were required to sign a liability waiver. We cut checks monthly to instructors.
AnythingsPossible 05:01 AM 02-11-2011
You could contact the local licensing or referral agency to get the names and mailing addresses of the licensed providers in your area. Once you have the information. I would call the daycare's, introduce yourself and tell them you will be sending out information on your program, let them know you are available to answer any questions or concerns they may have.

I would not just drop by. Maybe at centers to drop off your information, but I would not go to the home daycare's till you have been invited by the provider.

As a provider, I would appreciate my above suggestion. A quick phone call letting me know about the information I will be receiving. Don't know if you would be willing to consider this, but one of our local dance teachers lets the kids attend one lesson for free. That may be something you could offer.

I used to live in Yorba Linda...I miss it terribly!! Now I am in the land of cold and snow

Good luck to you and your business!
Kimbi 10:06 AM 02-11-2011
Thank you all. . .That is very helpful.
I don't want to end up on anyone's bad side especially if I haven't even started at the center.

We are lucky here with the weather right now. . .I will send you warm weather thoughts
Tags:dance, liability
Reply Up