Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>What Do I Say When I Hand a Term Letter Over?
Unregistered 11:09 AM 11-08-2019
I'm terminating care today effective today. I'm not giving a two weeks notice. I've been extremely uncomfortable with this parent. I've watched for 3 weeks total the first day he poked me hard yelling me his child could put her own shoes on. All three weeks payment has been late. The father and mother broke up and their new schedule is not something I agreed upon at enrollment. The father has said rude comments to myself, my husband and my mother who is my substitute. My question is what do I say when I hand him the envelope containing my immediate termination?
Snowmom 11:21 AM 11-08-2019
He physically touched you? Has been verbally abusive?

If it were me:
#1 I'd have the police on speed dial and ready to go in my hand.
#2 I'd call my licensor with a heads up.
#3 Have your husband or another adult on the premises if possible.
#4 When he arrived for pick up today, I'd kindly ask him to step outside. When he did, I'd stay in the doorway, hand him the envelope and say "this is the last day I am providing care for Johnny. You are not allowed on my property anymore. Then close the door and lock it.
Unregistered 11:25 AM 11-08-2019
I would email it after closing today in this case.
Unregistered 11:46 AM 11-08-2019
I'm afraid if I email it he will pretend he never received it.
Ac114 11:57 AM 11-08-2019
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I'm afraid if I email it he will pretend he never received it.
I would make sure your husband is present or at least another adult. Just hand him the letter and say today is DCB’s last day and here are his belongings. Then shut the door.
Michael 02:02 PM 11-08-2019
Originally Posted by Snowmom:
He physically touched you? Has been verbally abusive?

If it were me:
#1 I'd have the police on speed dial and ready to go in my hand.
#2 I'd call my licensor with a heads up.
#3 Have your husband or another adult on the premises if possible.
#4 When he arrived for pick up today, I'd kindly ask him to step outside. When he did, I'd stay in the doorway, hand him the envelope and say "this is the last day I am providing care for Johnny. You are not allowed on my property anymore. Then close the door and lock it.
Do all of the above ^^
Unregistered 08:09 AM 11-10-2019
I gave him my notice. He was confrontational. Saying it was bull s*** and how he's going to have to quit his job to take care of his daughter to his 3 year old. Then he had his mother call me, as well as text me asking if I was willing to take the child if the mother or grandmother did drop off and pick up. SMH. I'm not.
Ariana 05:18 PM 11-10-2019
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I gave him my notice. He was confrontational. Saying it was bull s*** and how he's going to have to quit his job to take care of his daughter to his 3 year old. Then he had his mother call me, as well as text me asking if I was willing to take the child if the mother or grandmother did drop off and pick up. SMH. I'm not.
Maybe if he learned to treat people better he wouldn’t need his mommy to help him out

Good for you, you must be relieved!
Unregistered 05:45 AM 11-11-2019
Ariana that's exactly what I was thinking, and by the mom's message I can tell she's used to taking care of his problems.good riddance.
Blackcat31 06:12 AM 11-11-2019
Im sorry you had to deal with that type of parent.

If he has to quit his job, that's on him.

It's too bad he doesn't realize how his actions impact his situation.

I'm glad he's gone now... hopefully he just moves on and leaves you alone.
Unregistered 08:07 AM 11-11-2019
I'm glad they are gone too. I'm not dreading him dropping off or picking up.
Tags:parent from hell, terminate - abusive parents
Reply Up