Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Good Lord What A Day
lovemykidstoo 07:17 PM 12-14-2017
I had such a day with my 3 1/2 yr old dcb that I have written here so many times about. He is a huge challenge. Completely out of control. Today he hit another dcg in the head with his head. So he became my shadow the rest of the day and I texted mom and told her I expected that this will never happen again. They live 5 houses away. I've written before about how dad gets out at 3 and then has his 10 year old son come down and get him after 5. So today the older brother comes and dcb gives him the hardest time ever. I watch them out the window and the older boy is dragging him by the arm down the driveway as he is yelling, swinging, crying, screaming etc. This continues into the road and then the older boy starts picking him up and carrying him. He's arching his back, yelling, crying, screaming etc. This went on for 10 minutes. They're still in front of my house. I call the father, he doesn't answer his phone. I call the mom, that shoudl be on her way home and she doesn't answer. Finally after they're probably home, the mom calls me, so I told her everything that happened. I wish i would have videotaped it.
storybookending 07:35 PM 12-14-2017
I would not feel comfortable releasing a child like that to a 10 year old. I’m pretty sure that’s against licensing here to do so.
lovemykidstoo 07:42 PM 12-14-2017
Originally Posted by storybookending:
I would not feel comfortable releasing a child like that to a 10 year old. I’m pretty sure that’s against licensing here to do so.
Yea it's the last time it's happening. Having a talk with daddy tomorrow morning. No way am I going to allow that to take place again.
Josiegirl 01:30 AM 12-15-2017
Originally Posted by lovemykidstoo:
Yea it's the last time it's happening. Having a talk with daddy tomorrow morning. No way am I going to allow that to take place again.
Good choice. Have no idea if licensing allows it here but I know I never would. One day dcb came to my back gate to pick up his sister and I told him to go back to the car and get his mom cause she needed to be the one to pick up. Always an adult. Five houses might not seem like much but an irate 3 1/2 yo is capable of wrenching their angry little arm free and taking off into the road. A 10 yo should not have that amount of responsibility. And wth is the dcd doing that he can't step out and get his own child who is only 5 houses away? Lazy.
DaveA 03:21 AM 12-15-2017
Yeah- I would let DCPs know they can't have a child young enough to be in daycare pick up a child. I can't imagine how they thought that was a good idea.
amberrose3dg 03:43 AM 12-15-2017
I would be getting rid of them like asap. Dad sound like a lazy turd. So many bad things can happen sending a 10 year old to pick up a out of control 3 year old.
lovemykidstoo 04:28 AM 12-15-2017
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
Good choice. Have no idea if licensing allows it here but I know I never would. One day dcb came to my back gate to pick up his sister and I told him to go back to the car and get his mom cause she needed to be the one to pick up. Always an adult. Five houses might not seem like much but an irate 3 1/2 yo is capable of wrenching their angry little arm free and taking off into the road. A 10 yo should not have that amount of responsibility. And wth is the dcd doing that he can't step out and get his own child who is only 5 houses away? Lazy.
Oh this family is off the charts. This is a father that came to pick up his kid one day at 5:15. In his work clothes. Little did he know that 2 other parents had seen him out in his yard raking leaves with the other son. So he had changed his clothes back to work clothes behaving as if he just came from work. The little boy I care for would have loved to been out there in the leaves with his brother and dad. So I said "you rake leaves in those clothes". He started stuttering and said, oh were you guys outside? Is said, no 2 daycare people mentioned it lol. He gets out at 3 every day and then sends the other son to come get him after 5. Nope. I'm done playing that game.
lovemykidstoo 04:29 AM 12-15-2017
Originally Posted by DaveA:
Yeah- I would let DCPs know they can't have a child young enough to be in daycare pick up a child. I can't imagine how they thought that was a good idea.
Dad is a lazy a## that's how. I'm so over this family. When I lay eyes on the dcb my blood pressure rises that's how bad it is. I feel bad for him and I try to just give him so much love and encouragement, but then he head butts another girl and does that? I'm done.
lovemykidstoo 04:30 AM 12-15-2017
He's first one here, last one to go. 5 days a week. Ticks me off when daddy gets done at 3.
boy_mom 07:05 AM 12-15-2017
He's first one here, last one to go. 5 days a week. Ticks me off when daddy gets done at 3.
Can you adjust their hours? I mean, it would be a little uncomfortable but maybe with the new year you could rewrite their contract, even if it was until 3:30/4.

I feel bad for this kid but I also feel like it needs to be out back into the parents to help with his behavior!
amberrose3dg 07:08 AM 12-15-2017
Isn't he leaving soon?
I have some families that drive me crazy and lie about stuff too.
I'm looking to replace a couple when I get back from Christmas vacation. I'll wait a little bit so I don't get any daycare hoppers.
lovemykidstoo 07:58 AM 12-15-2017
Originally Posted by amberrose3dg:
Isn't he leaving soon?
I have some families that drive me crazy and lie about stuff too.
I'm looking to replace a couple when I get back from Christmas vacation. I'll wait a little bit so I don't get any daycare hoppers.
He's suppposed to be starting the new preschool/daycare where his dad works. His dad doesn't work there, but for the same company. I have not heard anything about it lately, so I really doubt they've signed him up yet. If he does stay, I'm going to require that daddy picks up right after he gets out of work at 3. They will need me, I won't need them in January.
lovemykidstoo 07:59 AM 12-15-2017
Originally Posted by boy_mom:
Can you adjust their hours? I mean, it would be a little uncomfortable but maybe with the new year you could rewrite their contract, even if it was until 3:30/4.

I feel bad for this kid but I also feel like it needs to be out back into the parents to help with his behavior!
If he stays in January, I am absolutely changing their hours.
storybookending 08:07 AM 12-15-2017
If you don’t need him and he makes you that miserable I would just say “oh you had informed me that junior would be starting at the new preschool in January. I wasn’t sure which date so I just went with the end of the month and have a new child lined up to replace him starting feb 1st”.

Or I guess you could say December if they gave you the impression he wasn’t coming back after the holidays.
lovemykidstoo 09:57 AM 12-15-2017
If you don’t need him and he makes you that miserable I would just say “oh you had informed me that junior would be starting at the new preschool in January. I wasn’t sure which date so I just went with the end of the month and have a new child lined up to replace him starting feb 1st”.

Or I guess you could say December if they gave you the impression he wasn’t coming back after the holidays.
I actually already have replaced him. One day I'm actually over. I just keep thinking of the extra $700 a month I could use lol, but some things just aren't worth it
storybookending 09:40 PM 12-15-2017
I actually already have replaced him. One day I'm actually over. I just keep thinking of the extra $700 a month I could use lol, but some things just aren't worth it
Extra money is always nice but keeping on a kid like that can be hard on you and the other children in your program. I would maybe casually ask how things are going with the preschool enrollment. Were you the one saying you had a child leaving for preschool but needs to be potty trained? Is that this kid? If it was any progress on the potty training?
lovemykidstoo 05:56 AM 12-16-2017
Extra money is always nice but keeping on a kid like that can be hard on you and the other children in your program. I would maybe casually ask how things are going with the preschool enrollment. Were you the one saying you had a child leaving for preschool but needs to be potty trained? Is that this kid? If it was any progress on the potty training?
Yup, this is the one. Potty training is going well here. I would say he's fine. I guess at home during naptime and overnight he's still wet and BM's. I honestly believe that they know his behavior will get him kicked out and also they're just plain lazy and probably haven't checked into it.
lovemykidstoo 11:30 AM 12-17-2017
Happy update!!! I got a text from mom yesterday and they finalized the new school for him where daddy works. So he will start there January 2. I"m in the home stretch. She is not really for it. She has severe concerns and rightly so. I honestly don't think he'll last long there. Daddy wants to save money and mom feels this isn't really a great thing to do, but money is money. They're not open in the summer so she asked if he could come back in the summer. lol.
Tags:tough day
Reply Up