Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Door decorations
mamamanda 10:55 AM 01-08-2018
What do you hang on your front door now that Christmas is over? The kids like seeing the decorations. I do a fall leaf decoration followed by a traditional Christmas wreath, but is there anything festive that's winter, but not really Christmas?
daycarediva 11:25 AM 01-08-2018
I have snowflakes. Original, I know.
LysesKids 01:55 PM 01-08-2018
Originally Posted by mamamanda:
What do you hang on your front door now that Christmas is over? The kids like seeing the decorations. I do a fall leaf decoration followed by a traditional Christmas wreath, but is there anything festive that's winter, but not really Christmas?
Mardi Gras & Valentines are only barely 5 weeks out (Mardi Gras is Feb 13 this year). I start decorating for those once Holiday stuff is down (yesterday lol)
BBDC1 02:28 PM 01-08-2018
I'm going to dig out the Mardi Gras and Valentines stuff.. Just put away Christmas stuff this weekend...
Cat Herder 02:32 PM 01-08-2018
I like traditional seasonal wreaths, they brighten up the dreary looking storm door. (reginas garden, etsy)
Attached: winter friends (570 x 570).jpg (89.0 KB) 
LysesKids 02:38 PM 01-08-2018
Originally Posted by BBDC1:
I'm going to dig out the Mardi Gras and Valentines stuff.. Just put away Christmas stuff this weekend...
Yes!!!!!. We do a Mardi Gras Party here, but Valentines (my oldest DD birthday) is literally the next day this year... my babes get 2 parties in 2 days. I always send extra King Cake home with families - don't need it sitting around tempting me
CityGarden 02:41 PM 01-08-2018
I love that you posted this. Today is my first day back and I am waiting until 10 minutes before the children arrived to pull down my Christmas wreath. Everything else Christmas was already packed away but I love the wreath on the door it felt so welcoming.

I was looking on Etsy this morning at Winter Wreaths. They have some great options!!!
https://www.etsy.com/search?q=winter...efix=winter%20

I really like the look of this generic one...

il_570xN.1287161963_b21a.jpg

I think my door will be plain for a bit then add a Valentine's Wreath at the start of February.
Attached:
mamamanda 02:49 PM 01-08-2018
Oh I love both of the wreaths that were posted! Looks like I'll be visiting the craft store later this week!!!
Tags:decoration, door decorations
Reply Up