Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Help with Nap Mats & Bedding?
kdparadise 10:06 AM 04-15-2010
I am needing a little help with what to buy for napping. W/e I buy I need it to be space saving. I've seen some of the options out there even ones on ebay and a few links in the forum here. First question is, Do you think the comfort/thickness of the mats and bedding help the kids sleep better? My solution needs to be all in accordance with licensing regs. I don't want to get the cots, for space reasons. Explain to me sanitizing and washing of the mats and bedding? If you get a mat that's wipeable, than you're fine in just sanitzing by wiping no washing needed? But you do need sheets, pillow and blanket? Or are there other options? I need suggestions on what works and what will save me time with washing and be space saving.
laundryduchess@yahoo.com 10:13 AM 04-15-2010
I used to have kindermats, I hated them because the kids would roll all over, lol. no matter how I staggered them they would roll all over the place. I did just spray them with a bleach water solution and let them air dry though. I have cots now that I love, I have them stacked high enough they became my diaper changing surface with the addition of a washable waterproof cover. That was my lic reps idea! lol.
momofsix 10:46 AM 04-15-2010
All I use are sleeping bags on a carpeted floor. They all come in little storage bags now, so can be stored close to each other without actually touching. Easy to throw in the washer and dryer, and they take up very llittle room once they're rolled up. They are also very inexpensive--I think the most I've ever paid is $10.
actaktmdt 10:50 AM 04-15-2010
I purchased mine from etsy.com, from a seller who actually is from my state. She shiped them fast and they have done well in the washing machine/dryer.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/naptime21?page=1

I sent her a convo and was able to get a discount as i purchased 3 of them from her. If i get more kids I will order more from her. My 2 year old loves them as well.
mamajennleigh 11:24 AM 04-15-2010
Those naptime buddies are too cute! Do you put them on a cot or just by themselves on the carpeted floor? I'm getting ready to transition all my kids to one room, and out of the pack 'n' plays.

I am nervous about it, as my kids have always slept in their own cribs or pack n plays in their own rooms, but all of my dck's and my own little one are all either 2 or close to it, and I'm just waiting for one of them to figure out that they can indeed climb out of that pack 'n' play.

No one really needs the pack 'n' play anymore, and I'm tired of my own older kids coming home and having nowhere to hang out because there are babies in all of their rooms!
actaktmdt 12:57 PM 04-15-2010
as of right now they lay on the blankets on the carpet, which she does just fine with........there is a slot for them to cover a mat though. after naps we roll them up and close them with the velcro tabs that are attached into a little bundle. so easy to store
grandmom 02:00 PM 04-15-2010
If you want cheap price and thus cheap quality, as in lasts a year or so, either Toys-R-Us or Lakeshore.

If you want to pay a little more and have a nap mat for many years go to communityplaythings.com. Their mat is made of a heavier material and I love them. They were a little wider than I need for my age kids so I cut 3-4 inches off the side and sewed the binding back on. The other things on their website are such great quality. I have chairs and a kitchen set that are beautiful pieces of furniture.
Tags:bedding, mats
Reply Up