Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare and Taxes>Childcare Related Moving Expenses
spedmommy4 08:11 AM 07-21-2016
We just moved from California to Oregon. I ended up having two additional moving expenses related to the business.

1) We had to rent a trailer just to carry all the business equipment. (Only my equipment was in it)

2.) My husband has a gun safe that we had to pay movers to take to the second floor. We had space downstairs but it's a licensing no-no to have the safe in an area the children could potentially access.

We moved for my husbands job so I know the moving expenses will be deductible. I'm just trying to decide how to categorize expenses.
TomCopeland 01:51 PM 07-21-2016
Originally Posted by spedmommy4:
We just moved from California to Oregon. I ended up having two additional moving expenses related to the business.

1) We had to rent a trailer just to carry all the business equipment. (Only my equipment was in it)

2.) My husband has a gun safe that we had to pay movers to take to the second floor. We had space downstairs but it's a licensing no-no to have the safe in an area the children could potentially access.

We moved for my husbands job so I know the moving expenses will be deductible. I'm just trying to decide how to categorize expenses.
You can deduct 100% of the cost of renting the trailer with your business stuff in it and the cost of moving the gun safe upstairs.
spedmommy4 03:36 PM 07-21-2016
Originally Posted by TomCopeland:
You can deduct 100% of the cost of renting the trailer with your business stuff in it and the cost of moving the gun safe upstairs.
Thanks Tom!
Reply Up