Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Minute Menu Kids Question
Unregistered 06:01 AM 05-21-2010
Thanks to many of your posts, I downloaded a 30 day trial of MMkids. I have a couple of questions...

When you enter in the amounts for items, do you include the sales tax or just the cost of the item? Also, I use lots of coupons and most of the time I cannot tell what the item the coupon was used for. Sometimes, they are not for a particular item at all, just $15 off transaction. Also, I'm not sure if it matters, but in my state we pay sales tax on the cost of the item before a manufactures coupon. Anyone have any ideas?
gbcc 07:24 AM 05-21-2010
You can claim the total cost of the product, including the sales tax. If you have trouble figuring out your receipt you should start to purchase family products separate from business products and then you will know the exact total cost.
originalkat 07:31 AM 05-21-2010
I usually highlight all business items on the reciept and then total them up at the end. You could easily figure the tax on that amount, but I usually dont bother with it. I just use the cost of the items.

As for coupons...I dont use TONS but I usually have a few on each reciept. I dont deduct that from the total unless the reciept tells exactly which item was discounted. Then I just subtract it.
My Daycare 10:06 AM 05-21-2010
Thanks all! Great ideas! Sorry I forgot to sign in before.
Tags:minute menu kids
Reply Up