Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Next Year's Policies..
MissAnn 12:02 PM 01-15-2016
No squeaky shoes!
daycare 01:16 PM 01-15-2016
omg those are soooo popular among the arabic culture, my family members have them for all of their LO and even some of the preschoolers have them.

I hate those shoes more than anything in the world. it's like nails on the chalk board.

lol
Josiegirl 01:33 PM 01-15-2016
No little gloves for toddlers
MissAnn 07:27 PM 01-15-2016
No hairbows as large as the child's head.
Annalee 07:32 PM 01-15-2016
No tutus.....everyone wants to wear a tutu.????
goldenblood 07:58 PM 01-17-2016
No high top sneakers on children who fight you putting the shoes on. They always feel a size too small!
sahm1225 08:19 PM 01-17-2016
any candy in a lunch box is fair game.... And i will eat it all!
Josiegirl 02:00 AM 01-18-2016
Originally Posted by sahm1225:
any candy in a lunch box is fair game.... And i will eat it all!
Well duh, that's a given. Especially chocolate.
DaveA 03:50 AM 01-18-2016
All DCK's daycare clothes must be secondhand so I never hear "OMG! What happened to you new outfit?" ever again. Sorry, but if you send DCK in "cute" after I've told you we were going to the park today I'm not even pretending to try to keep it clean.

A whiffle ball bat will be hung by the drop off/ pick up door. In lieu of eye rolls, provider will be allowed to whack DCPs for dumb things coming out of their mouths. So future conversations might go something like "Fruit snacks are healthy because they have fruit in them." THOINK!!!!!!
childcaremom 03:50 AM 01-18-2016
Originally Posted by MissAnn:
No squeaky shoes!
This made me laugh. My mom bought them for my dd when she was learning to walk. My mom loved them. I loved them, for an hour. At least I always knew where she was
thrivingchildcarecom 09:48 AM 01-19-2016
I actually added no overalls (too many snaps) years ago, but I think I will put it in bold!
KSDC 11:24 AM 01-19-2016
I had never heard of squeaky shoes. I had to google them and find a video.

Who in the world thought that was a good idea?

I am just eternally grateful that none of my families have sent them to my DC!
NoMoreJuice! 03:56 PM 01-19-2016
I just sent out my annual rant letter and included the following pet peeves of mine:

No bringing outside food, drink, or toys in my house. Say goodbye to them in the car and don't let your toddler convince you that they'll just DIE if they can't bring their new nerf gun in my door to show everyone and cause a huge distraction.

Absolutely NO picking up during nap time. 12:30 to 2:30 is a sacred time of peace and quiet, and if you interrupt that because you couldn't POSSIBLY schedule a dentist appointment any other time of the day, I will cut you.

Breakfast is at 8:00. Preschool starts at 8:30. I'm not willing to adjust my schedule for you, so you'll have to adjust your morning routine.

And so on. It's always a full page, often because I have a slow burning rage building up all year from the crap they pull and all the "talks" I have to have, and I unleash my fury on them when I hand out tax statements. I also included a section on being prepared for emergency closings, and having appropriate backup care in place. I haven't had an unscheduled closing in over three years, but it could happen and I don't want to hear how I ruined their day if it does.

Oh and I apologize but I'm cranky because I handed these statements out Friday and a dcm texted me today that she was picking up at 2. NOPE. See you at 2:30. She rang my doorbell at 2:27.
MissAnn 04:36 PM 01-19-2016
Originally Posted by NoMoreJuice!:
I just sent out my annual rant letter and included the following pet peeves of mine:

No bringing outside food, drink, or toys in my house. Say goodbye to them in the car and don't let your toddler convince you that they'll just DIE if they can't bring their new nerf gun in my door to show everyone and cause a huge distraction.

Absolutely NO picking up during nap time. 12:30 to 2:30 is a sacred time of peace and quiet, and if you interrupt that because you couldn't POSSIBLY schedule a dentist appointment any other time of the day, I will cut you.

Breakfast is at 8:00. Preschool starts at 8:30. I'm not willing to adjust my schedule for you, so you'll have to adjust your morning routine.

And so on. It's always a full page, often because I have a slow burning rage building up all year from the crap they pull and all the "talks" I have to have, and I unleash my fury on them when I hand out tax statements. I also included a section on being prepared for emergency closings, and having appropriate backup care in place. I haven't had an unscheduled closing in over three years, but it could happen and I don't want to hear how I ruined their day if it does.

Oh and I apologize but I'm cranky because I handed these statements out Friday and a dcm texted me today that she was picking up at 2. NOPE. See you at 2:30. She rang my doorbell at 2:27.
No!!!!!! Does last three minutes of nap time are the most sacred of all!!!!
Boymom 05:54 AM 01-31-2016
1. No boots! Dcb all of a sudden wears his cowboy boots everyday now even though his parents know we run around outside everyday. I'm in TX but come on! Lol
2. Stop bringing your kid in underwear when he's not potty trained yet! UGH! Time to add that to the contract :-)
Tags:policy - revisions
Reply Up