Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Help Me So That I Don’t Quit!
erinalexmom 06:16 AM 09-12-2011
Ive only been doing this since June but I tell ya I am really questioning this choice! So I thought I would list all the problems I have with running this daycare and I thought some of you wonderful folks on here might be able to help?
1)A few days a week I have to open at 5am. I HATE getting up that early and I dont care for the child too much. Plus its a school ager and I dont like school agers too much.

2)The children are tearing up my house! One little girl ripped a hole in my 80 year old rug, One child stained my couch with milk,ect. I really want a seperate space for my daycare. I am thinking of renovating part of my basement. But I am wondering if this will make a difference to my happiness or not? Has anyone had to 'share' space then was able to seperate? Were you happier after the seperation?

3)I have one boy who will not stop hitting everyone! He was in time out 4 times the other day just for not keeping his hands to himself and one day he bit my son so hard one day that he drew blood! I got a playyard last Friday and so today I have just kept him there all day because I am honestly just so sick of not being able to even leave the room to go to the bathroom without worrying what is going to happen. It would be different if the other kids did something to him but they dont and I can be sitting right beside him and he still hits them for no reason!

4) I have one baby who I cannot term but he cries off and on all nap time! I was thinking of getting out my IPOD and putting it in during the naptimes he's here (he's only here 2 days a week) then I can take out the IPOD and listen for him every few min? What do you think?

5) I work a 12 hour day and that is WAY too long I think. When I worked at the hospital (Im a nurse) I worked 12's but it was only 3 days a week. Its totally different, also I probably put in more than 12 because of all the cleanup and prep involved. Here's my schedule of families:
1) family #1 school agers 5am (2 or 3 days a week)
2) family #2 (2school agers and one little) 6:15am
3) family #3 (one little who is the hitter) 6:30am
4) family #4 (one little) who comes at 730am (2days a week)
5) family #5 (one little) who comes at 8am
6) family #6 (my nephew) who comes at 8am

Help please? I am about to give up. I hate to though until I give it an honest chance KWIM? Because I have a few kids that are just fine I also love being able to be home with my kids.
Tags:aggressive, long hours, over burdened, overwhelmed
Up