Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Monday Vent
awestbrook713 03:49 PM 11-21-2011
I had outpatient surgery for a kidney stone friday so I have been really sore. Not supposed to be lifting anything over 10 lbs but have a 9 month old son so its not really possible. Husband fell hunting and hurt his back saturday so guess who can't lift the baby now?

Baby is sick double ear infection and horrible cough (on meds) so he needs extra care. DCM txts sunday asking if I can watch her 2 month old this morning and I said yes (dumb me). He has a cough too, I had a 2 month old and 9 month old fighting over me to hold them. Then I had my 4 yr old dcb and 3 yr old dcg come, and also had 4 yr olds mom call and ask if I could take her 6yr old daughter due to half day. I said yes (dumb me 2). So dcbaby goes home with dad when hes done hunting and then the second round of troops show up which gave me a grand total of 9 kids. When my 5 yr old son gets home he is crying his throat hurts and he has a headache.

Today has been a horrible monday my side is screaming at me and I am ready for bed at 6:44pm not gonna happen though since husband works 3rd shift and I have kids to get to bed. Don't think this week is gonna get much better, extra kids each day, full wednesday, thanksgiving dinner to cook for 11 ppl and then dinner with inlaws friday.

Sorry so long I know I should be THANKFUL this week but I'm having a hard time. Hope everyone elses week goes well and maybe just maybe mine will get better too.
SilverSabre25 03:53 PM 11-21-2011
Oh, that sucks! I hope your week gets better!
awestbrook713 05:03 PM 11-21-2011
thanks me too.
Sprouts 05:09 PM 11-21-2011
Wow I don't know how you do it....if I was in that much pain, I would tell my inlaws HELPPPPPP!!!!!! Have them cook, or help watch your kids, that sounds like too much, poor you I am so sorry Tell parents "Sorry I am in pain and my children are sick"....unless you really need the cash....
e.j. 05:58 PM 11-21-2011
Wow! That's an awful lot for any one to do, never mind someone who is recovering from surgery. I'm in pain just reading about your day! Can you afford to take the next couple of days off to rest? If not, is there someone who could come in to help you - even if it's just to care for your own baby if dc regulations say they can't help with the dc kids? Can someone else take over Thanksgiving duties for you? Would the in-laws understand if you begged off for this year?

Try to be careful about pushing yourself too much before you heal from your surgery. If you hurt yourself, you could be out of work for a lot longer than if you take some time to rest and recover now. I hope tomorrow is a better day for you.
awestbrook713 04:14 AM 11-22-2011
I have to do thanksgiving since my mom moved out of state this year so I have been passed the torch, I have recruited my younger sister for help with dinner.

I really can't afford to be off at all since I haven't been making alot the past month or so, I already lost out on quite a bit of money last week due to being closed the day after er visit, doctors visit and then the surgery. I tried to work around my daycare schedule but it wasn't possible.

What doesn't kill ya makes you stronger right, lucky for me I received new toys for my program from a grant and block play preoccupied the older kids its just handling the little ones. Only two days and then a day off sort of minus the cooking.

Thanks for all the kind words my side feels a bit better after a good nights sleep just gonna try to take it as easy as possible. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!
Meyou 04:25 AM 11-22-2011
Did they do a basket extraction or litrotripsy??

I've worked through many a kidney stone recovery so I can totally sympathize. It's rough.
awestbrook713 04:38 AM 11-22-2011
You know the scary part is I don't know the exact name of the procedure. The stone was a cm in diameter and sitting at the opening to my bladder with no where to go so they had to go up break it up and remove it and then placed a stent which I get out next tuesday (not soon enough).
Meyou 05:36 AM 11-22-2011
They probably did litrotripsy and then a basket extraction for the smaller (but still large) pieces. The pain you feel is from the stent. They are never comfy and sometimes before they settle they are super duper painful. Muscle relaxers work better than pain killers for that pain if you can stay awake and take them. At least they'll give you some relief at night. The pain will go away almost the second the stent is removed.

I had stents in both kidneys for 5 months of my last pregnancy.
awestbrook713 06:00 AM 11-22-2011
Thats good to know that it will go away as soon as its out, I can't wait. I can handle pain but it wears on my patience after a while and I tend to become crabby.

I couldn't imagine having 2 at one time for that long, I'm sorry you had to endure that.
cheerfuldom 06:03 AM 11-22-2011
Sometimes what doesn't kill DOESNT make you stronger, it just created burn out. Please take care of yourself!!
awestbrook713 06:07 AM 11-22-2011
I will I am sitting here having a twilight marathon until the troops arrive and while my baby is sleeping. Small break time for mommy and I am taking it!!
Tags:vent
Reply Up