Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Ahhhh, Yes!!
Southernmama 12:19 PM 07-29-2012
I did it!! I finally found my backbone and termed my screamer!!!!! OMG it felt so good, I literally screamed with excitement when I hung up the phone lol For once since April I am not dreading monday!! So ready to enjoy what I do instead of dread it. Man I feel sooooooo good!!!
Heidi 12:29 PM 07-29-2012
Originally Posted by Southernmama:
I did it!! I finally found my backbone and termed my screamer!!!!! OMG it felt so good, I literally screamed with excitement when I hung up the phone lol For once since April I am not dreading monday!! So ready to enjoy what I do instead of dread it. Man I feel sooooooo good!!!
Good for you!

Done done? I mean, not comming back for a notice period?

I say, get up a little early tommorow and enjoy an extra cup of coffee...and ponder how nice your day will be!
Southernmama 12:33 PM 07-29-2012
Yes done as in done never coming back! Sorry I'm just unable to provide the care you baby needs at this time.
daycarekay 01:18 PM 07-29-2012
Congratulations, I bet it feels GREAT! Enjoy your Monday!
Blackcat31 03:44 PM 07-29-2012
Good for you! Monday will be like a whole new world.....of quiet.

It makes me sad to think there are so many "screamer" babies out there now days. I know some are due to the parents but there are an awful lot of them that are just plain old screamers. So tough on the daycare kids, the provider and the baby too!
Kaddidle Care 06:53 PM 07-29-2012
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:

It makes me sad to think there are so many "screamer" babies out there now days.
I also find is sad and alarming. It's like a new epidemic!

I had a screamer of sorts with my own son. I think I had someone babysit him once for 2 hours when he was like that. I owed my babysitter big time! LOL

I would have never saddled him with someone 8-10 hours a day, 5 days a week. Then again.. he didn't scream constantly. I think that would have driven me to a breakdown.

I give you ladies a lot of credit for putting up with screamers day in and day out.

SouthernMama, enjoy your peace and quiet. You've been doing this since April and this break is most decidedly deserved.
Bless!
juliebug 06:57 PM 07-29-2012
So glad you will get your sanity back and weekends!
providerandmomof4 07:43 PM 07-29-2012
Yea! I remember how it felt to dread the beginning of the week (I'm kinda there right now)and how great it felt to have the problem child/ren gone. I remember thinking,"Why did I keep them so long- no amount of money is worth my happiness!" Good job finding your backbone!
Lil_Angels 07:46 PM 07-29-2012
absolutely wow! congratulations

hmmmmm........ also you've given me some ideas.

Thanks for the example
Meyou 01:50 AM 07-30-2012
Oh my goodness I'm so happy for you!! I still remember the second I termed my bad one almost 5 years ago now. It was wonderful!!

Enjoy the peace today, Mama. You deserve it.
cheerfuldom 06:07 AM 07-30-2012
totally understand how you feel.....I have let a few criers go over the years and now, I dont put up with it more than a few days. You can tell right away who is going to fit in and who wont.
texascare 06:41 AM 07-30-2012
I wish there was an emotion to show you I am patting you on the back! Doesn't it feel good to find your back bone and stand up? Congratulations for doing what is best for you and your daycare! Have a wonderful day!
mema 11:16 AM 07-30-2012
Yay you! Hope the day is going awesome and everyone is loving the quiet!
momma2girls 02:16 PM 07-30-2012
You do learn yr. after yr. of providing daycare what you can or should put up with. Your will develop your own back bone and use it time after time after time.
KEG123 10:49 AM 07-31-2012
awesome!!!
Reply Up