Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>How Would You Charge This Family?
PolkaTots 08:16 AM 10-30-2012
I have a new full time family wanting to start care on Monday 11/26, but want to come Monday & Tuesday (19&20) to transition him. They only want to pay for those two days and not the full time weekly rate (I am closed on Thursday & Friday for Thanksgiving, my paid holiday days) Several of the other families are taking off Wed,Thur, & Fri and still paying me the weekly rate. Would it be wrong to tell them a full weekly rate would be expected, unless they start on 11/26 as previously planned?
Blackcat31 08:18 AM 10-30-2012
Originally Posted by PolkaTots:
I have a new full time family wanting to start care on Monday 11/26, but want to come Monday & Tuesday (19&20) to transition him. They only want to pay for those two days and not the full time weekly rate (I am closed on Thursday & Friday for Thanksgiving, my paid holiday days) Several of the other families are taking off Wed,Thur, & Fri and still paying me the weekly rate. Would it be wrong to tell them a full weekly rate would be expected, unless they start on 11/26 as previously planned?
If you charge a regular weekly rate and Thanksgiving is a paid day for you then like everyone else, they pay for the FULL week or wait until the 26th to start.

If you make an exception, they will continue finding ways to work around your paid days. If they are enrolled AND attending, they should have to follow the same rules as everyone else.
wahmof3 08:19 AM 10-30-2012
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
If you charge a regular weekly rate and Thanksgiving is a paid day for you then like everyone else, they pay for the FULL week or wait until the 26th to start.

If you make an exception, they will continue finding ways to work around your paid days. If they are enrolled AND attending, they should have to follow the same rules as everyone else.
exactly.
Blackcat31 08:21 AM 10-30-2012
....or you could simply tell them that since they don't want to pay for the holiday days like other families do, they have to pay the drop in rate for those two days and then make your drop in rate for two days be more expensive than your weekly rate.

Their choice.
WDW 10:10 AM 10-30-2012
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:

This exactly
lil angels 10:34 AM 10-30-2012
I guess i am the odd one out here but, I have done this for family's before to and I will just charge them for the two days and then start them on the following Monday just make sure to let them know that, because you are not enrolled till the 26th we can do this but from here on out you will be required to pay the weekly rate.
littlemissmuffet 10:47 AM 10-30-2012
I would charge how you normally do. I still charge for holidays/days I am closed - so this family would still have to pay the usual rate.

I recommend not starting to make exceptions for a new family, discounting or only charging for days used if that isn't how you normally operate... otherwise, you're opening the door for this family to expect you to make exceptions for them all the time.
Reply Up