Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>I'm so over this...
Unregistered 07:05 AM 11-29-2012
I know there have been several venting threads, you heard it all before, but it's my turn!

I believe I am OVER THIS! Here comes my list of complaints.

I have been doing this(home daycare) for 5 months and have gained 15 lbs! I have nothing to wear. I can only wear sweats and a tshirt, because of muffin top.
I used to wake up early and workout, but lately I haven't been rolling out of bed more than 15 minutes before the first dck shows up. The mother has had to call my phone and wake me up 3 times from the front door(yesterday was the third morning). My husband asked why I never wake up, and drink coffee with him before he leaves anymore. I couldn't figure out why until the other morning. He said, 'Are you getting up with me?" I started to get out of bed, then I got back under the blanket and thought, "the earlier I get up, the longer I have to stay at this house today!" and went back to sleep.

I am sooooo tired of being at home ALL OF THE TIME! I watch as all the neighborhood SAHMs put their own little ones in their cars and leave for the day, AND I WANT THAT! I try to take the dcks on outing, but I will not go into detail about that.

A part of me wants to continue because it's good money. I get to go shopping, but I CAN'T fit my clothes! The dcks are cute, but I am tired of constantly telling them don't do this. don't touch that. Get off that. Come here. Why didn't you poop in the toilet? Give it! Be nice! I have given up on even telling my own children not to do things because I am so tired of going over it all day.

Last week I went camping with my own family. My four your old stood on a rock and started dancing. I wanted to tell her to get down, but I thought she probably won't hurt herself and I am tired of telling people not to do things! She fell, hit her head, and got poked with all of those little sticker plant thingies that grow in the country. I haven't combed my hair this week, but I put on makeup this morning to balance the look out...

I am over it..I believe, but my husband thinks I just stay home and play with babies all day, and that I should not be complaining. We really don't need the money. I think he just enjoys the EXTRA income, and I do too. A part of me loves this as well, but home daycare is very different from working in a preschool. I feel unappreciated by parents, I spend a lot of out of pocket money. I don't get a lunch break to go to Starbucks...

The more I type, the more I feel like I am complaining like a spoiled brat. I may not be wording this right, or putting the right complaints out there, but I feel like I am living a nightmare. Thanksgiving, we went to my MIL. I was so anxious because I never get out and talk to adults. I thought I would say something wrong, that I would embarass myself. I kept asking my husband to leave until his mom offered me a shot of vodka.. then I came around. I don't want to go to my husband's company Christmas party because I feel fat and socially awkward... I'm over this...

Oh yeah and there is one little girl that is fairly good all day, but whenever a parent shows up she starts slipping out of the front door, and down the sidewalk. I talk to her about it before each pick up. She says she will not do it again. I repremend her when parents are here. I pretty much have the children under control all day, but she makes me look like and out of control loser at each pick up.. I have to go out and get her. She won't come in. doesn't listen to me. She undoes all of the hard work I do. She did this one day on a field trip to the park in front of another parent. She ran into the street, climbed on things. I had to literally get in her face, for her to stop. The mom that went on the field trip with me has been uneasy ever since, like I can't handle the kids. She has been acting wierd and picking her child up early. there is so much more to say..but for now I am done complaining..thanks for listening.

I thought I would be doing this for a long time. We will be moving soon, and I am looking for a house that is big enough to take in more kids. I am not sure what part of me still wants to do this or what I can do to make myself less miserable in the future. I think it is the fact that I know that if I am not doing this I will be working for someone else doing the same thing for a lot less money, with a lot less control, but with a smaller waist line, and a white chocolate mocha.... Ok I am really done typing..Thanks
daycarediva 07:43 AM 11-29-2012
((((((((((((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))))))))))

I can say all of those things too! Vent away, that is what we are here for!
MNMum 07:50 AM 11-29-2012
I could have written this!

I'm hiring an assistant so I can get out of the house a couple times per week. Don't know yet if it will help, but I am optimistic!
Happy Hearts 08:03 AM 11-29-2012
Awww, I feel for you. If you don't need the money all that bad, why don't you get a fun job? Maybe Starbucks? lol Or, you could find something mindless to do like retail where you can talk to endless people all day.

Once, I went to work at McDonalds because my teenager was working there and she wanted to work with me. It was a hoot. She's 25 now and we still say, "Remember the time we were working at McDonald's and ...."

My dream fun job would be working at Michael's teaching scrapbooking. I do that on the side in the evenings a couple of times a month and I love it.

Good luck
Unregistered 10:09 AM 11-29-2012
Thanks everyone.
Sparrow, how funny! I mentioned that I didn't NEED the money in the sense that if I were not doing this my bills would be paid, we'd have food, and would occasionally have the money for a movie and dinner. Starbucks would be a great job, but we are not on the income status that I could work a job just for the fun of it and spend all of my money on daycare formy own kids! Maybe when my kids move out! I think it is cool that you worked with your daughter, I hope my kids want to be around me outside of the house when they are teens as well!

MnMumm I think you pretty much nailed it. I told myhusband that I woul dlike to taje in more kids in order to afford an assistant. He doesn't understand my need for social interaction and fresh air, yet he is always telling me about all the funny things that happen at work. Monday he took the day off and had to stay home with me all day, by 4:00 he was circling the neighborhood in his truck, and making random trips to the corner store just to get out of the house. I think our house is just too small and dark.

And thanks Daycare Diva!
Hugs back! I needed that. Who knew virtual hugs could help?
My3cents 10:49 AM 11-29-2012
I don't know what to say to this........or do I

Make sure your doing daycare for the right reasons and not the wrong ones.

The little one that takes off down the street on you. Have her doing something else, or holding your hand, or in a high chair or whatever you have to do to keep your eyes pealed on her- (because you know she does this) be one step ahead of her

The social piece of being home all day. Plan things for you to do when daycare is over, and look forward to that time even if you are dead worn out. We work hard!

For me work hard means I am going to play hard.

Reach out to other providers. Have phone friends during the day, so you can feel connected to others.

Maybe your finding out it is not working out for you and you need to find something else for a career. That is ok! It is a demanding job, you deal with a lot and often not appreciated and the money can be good or bad.

Many providers have side jobs to get that social in.

If your in this for the long haul, this forum is an awesome outlet-

Anywhooo I wish you the best-
Unregistered 11:55 AM 11-29-2012
Originally Posted by My3cents:
I don't know what to say to this........or do I

Make sure your doing daycare for the right reasons and not the wrong ones.

The little one that takes off down the street on you. Have her doing something else, or holding your hand, or in a high chair or whatever you have to do to keep your eyes pealed on her- (because you know she does this) be one step ahead of her

The social piece of being home all day. Plan things for you to do when daycare is over, and look forward to that time even if you are dead worn out. We work hard!

For me work hard means I am going to play hard.

Reach out to other providers. Have phone friends during the day, so you can feel connected to others.

Maybe your finding out it is not working out for you and you need to find something else for a career. That is ok! It is a demanding job, you deal with a lot and often not appreciated and the money can be good or bad.

Many providers have side jobs to get that social in.

If your in this for the long haul, this forum is an awesome outlet-

Anywhooo I wish you the best-
Thanks. I guess I am just starting and working out the kinks. i need to figure out how to stay healthy, motivated, and social becuase deep down i really want to do this. I just wasn't expecting this! i have worked with preschool choldren for almost 8 years, and this is a whole new ball game! Hopefully my pants will buttin soon, and I'll find time for coffee with the girls and all will be right in the world.
lil angels 01:23 PM 11-29-2012
I found my fist winter to be the hardest I started in June and until the next spring I had wondered what I had done. I didn't have kids( for a reason to be here) at the time and it drove me crazy to the piont of tears a lot. I need others to be around during the day I didn't even know any other providers at the time. Finally after a little while I got used to my new normal and have enjoyed it I have been doing this for about 12 yrs now and my boys are now in school full time and I am trying to figure out if I should continue or not. Anyway that is another thread. I think a lot of what really helps me is that I always have something on the calendar to look forward to and love it. I always am taking little weekends with my family or just my husband. I leave a few nights a week even if it is just to go groc shopping or find a new shirt for my weekend plans, gets haircut. You get the idea anyway good luck to you and we are all here for you to talk to everyday.
Unregistered 03:05 PM 11-29-2012
Just when I start to pep myself up, a mom shows up on her cell phone. she barely says a word to me, gets her child and leaves. All of this after she dropped her child off at 5:55 this morning. I've changed 2 of her poopy diapers, washed chocolate pudding out of her hair, watched for almost 12 hours, and you can't even get off of the phone to talk about her day? Really? No respect whatsoever.
bunnyslippers 03:19 PM 11-29-2012
Oh darling, I feel for you. We all have these days, and it is exhausting and hurtful and sad. Try to keep your chin up....at the end of the day, you are shopping with that rude mom's money. And spending days with her child that she will never experience.

In the end, you win!
Creek 03:27 PM 11-29-2012
Sending you lots of *HUGS* ... Oh I think we all feel like this at one point or another. I for one, was tired of it. I decided in October to close my dacare down. I have 18 days left. I was uneasy about my decision at first, wondering if it was for the best but now that it gets closer - I am SO happy about my decision. I have been putting my life on hold while doing homecare. We have been wanting to have another baby but it's not that easy. I want my time with a baby and not be chasing after other people's kids in the process.

SO, do what you can do, if it's not a mandatory thing that you bring in the daycare money ... is it REALLY worth it? Think about it... *hugs*
LK5kids 12:37 AM 11-30-2012
Yes, take care of yourself.....take a moment to think about the little things that you like to do to relax and do them, no matter how small. These little things add up. You have to re-fill your own tank each day so you can give of yourself.

Make sure you take time for you. And yes, stay connected to others any way you can.

I know what you mean about exercise. Years ago when I did child care I would exercise from 6am-7am and then take a quick shower before my first kids came. I'm just back into doing child care after many years in a different profession and I'm putting other things ahead of exercise. Honestly... sitting on the computer is a BIG thing that gets in the way of my exercising I've really been trying to put exercise at the top of my list.

Take care of you....you'll be glad you did!
slpender 05:36 AM 11-30-2012
I know how you feel it can be a long day with no adult conversation. It helped me to have my lunches and snacks prepacked for the day just like I was going to work I found this to be helpful to stop snacking.

Also you may just have families that are not a good fit for you. I also had this problem when I first started out I took anyone to just fill my spots. Maybe you could take some time to write down the pros and cons of your families and keep the ones with more pros.

Hang a sign on your door that says no cell phone or phones off please.

I found over the years the picker I got about the families I enrolled the happier I was. I now has families that want to know what their kids do all day, keep their kids home on their days off because they want to be with their children and respect me and my child care.

Good luck
Reply Up