Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Wwyd?
Mom2TLE 09:27 AM 05-26-2015
I am 24 weeks pregnant and just diagnosed with a major complication. The dr said there was really nothing to be done but watch and deliver when it becomes more serious. I was not put on bed rest but have read that reducing stress and relaxing as much as possible could help baby grow a little. It is pretty much a given that this baby will be here within the next 10 weeks.
Now for my question would you continue to run your daycare or close?
I currently have 9 kids. 1,1,2,3,3,4,5,7,10 plus my 3 year old. I will be letting the 2yo and one of the 3 yr olds go. leaving me 7, the 1 yo and other 3 year old are 3 days a week. I work 10 hours most days but 12 hours Tue Thurs. I have thought of going to 3 days a week but am torn. If I continue I will also no longer provide meals and have parents bring in already prepared food it a container I can serve in to eliminate grocery shopping for dc, food prep, and dishes. In this situation what would you do?
nanglgrl 09:34 AM 05-26-2015
Even if I couldn't afford to do it I would close Dow until,after the baby is born if I thought it would put my health or the health of my unborn child at risk.
childcaremom 09:46 AM 05-26-2015
Originally Posted by Mom2TLE:
I am 24 weeks pregnant and just diagnosed with a major complication. The dr said there was really nothing to be done but watch and deliver when it becomes more serious. I was not put on bed rest but have read that reducing stress and relaxing as much as possible could help baby grow a little. It is pretty much a given that this baby will be here within the next 10 weeks.
Now for my question would you continue to run your daycare or close?
I currently have 9 kids. 1,1,2,3,3,4,5,7,10 plus my 3 year old. I will be letting the 2yo and one of the 3 yr olds go. leaving me 7, the 1 yo and other 3 year old are 3 days a week. I work 10 hours most days but 12 hours Tue Thurs. I have thought of going to 3 days a week but am torn. If I continue I will also no longer provide meals and have parents bring in already prepared food it a container I can serve in to eliminate grocery shopping for dc, food prep, and dishes. In this situation what would you do?

As the mom of a preemie....

I would do what you need to do and what is in yours and babe's best interest. Parents will either understand or they won't. The longer that little one is inside of you, the better.
cheerfuldom 12:41 PM 05-26-2015
I think it depends. I personally would let the two go that you are wanting to let go and then see how much that reduces things. Perhaps hiring an assistant would be a better way to go so that is another option. Then I would eliminate the food/prep like you wanted and see how that goes for you. I know for me there is no way I could just up and quit everything due to income but I have slowly reduced the number of kids and the amount of work until I was able to handle things better while pregnant. The stress of going without an income would be more than the stress of continuing to work in my case.
Reply Up