Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Issues With 2 1/2 Year Old (3 In Dec)
Unregistered 10:57 AM 09-27-2011
I need help with this kid I am at wits end. He is the oldest here right now and I spend 90% of my day dealing with negative behaviors out of him. I have tried positive praise when he is being a good friend, reminders and thinking time when hurts others, I have had him clean up the messes he makes when he decides to throw things and it seems nothing works.

I have tried to talk to his mom but she won't hear it, can't believe her little angel talks back or hurts others. Today at lunch he decided he was finished so he took handfuls of food and tossed on the floor, held his cup out to the side and dumped it. As soon as I was finished changing the other child (what I was doing when this happened) I had him get down. I told him we dont throw our food and now we need to pick it up and put in the trash. I didn't raise my voice or anything. He looks me in the eye and says No I don't have to. I repeat the direction and he says don't use those words with me. Then he runs off.

I am about ready to give notice. He has 15 month sibling and one on the way but I am starting to think losing the income might be worth it. Please tell me there are other things to try or that staying consistent will make a difference.
Small Town Provider 11:23 AM 09-27-2011
Oh wow! I have almost the exact same kid here! He is 2.5, his behaviour is terrible and he refuses to listen to me. He will throw things, snatch toys from everybody and just be a total brat. He has a 15 month old brother too. I wish I had some advice for you but since I am in the same situation, I will just tell you I know what it's like and I hope someone else has some ideas for you.
laundrymom 11:34 AM 09-27-2011
High chair, one item of food at a time. And a sippy
Tags:bad behavior, negative, positive praise, praise, rewarding
Reply Up