Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Anyone Have This Kitchen
Nickel 10:59 AM 09-25-2012
I'm thinking of getting this kitchen and a washer and dryer set for the practical life area. Anyone have experience how it held up in a daycare setting?

http://www.amazon.com/Kidkraft-Retro...d_sim_sbs_t_21

lil angels 11:03 AM 09-25-2012
No can't tell you how it holds up, but I want it. It's very cute.
nanglgrl 11:14 AM 09-25-2012
I don't have this kitchen but I do have a Kidcraft one and it has held up nicely. The only thing I'm always worried about is that the oven door opens down so some kids try to step on it. I don't know if the one you chose does that though.
LittleCrawfishCC 11:16 AM 09-25-2012
I have this kitchen set and it has held up wonderfully! I got it last christmas
Nickel 11:18 AM 09-25-2012
yea!!! would it be awful to get this for dd bday and let dck use it??? probably, oh. well..... will have to think of a new gift
LittleCrawfishCC 11:19 AM 09-25-2012
Originally Posted by Nickel:
yea!!! would it be awful to get this for dd bday and let dck use it??? probably, oh. well..... will have to think of a new gift
I purchased it for my daughter, but all the docks use the toys I the playroom hope y'all enjoy it!
Nickel 12:07 PM 09-25-2012
OOOOOOww. Now I'm not sure they have this awesome corner kitchen and I would just need to get a toy dryer to go with it. It only costs a little more. Just wondering what the back side looks like since it wouldn't actually go in a corner but would seperate one play area from another
nanglgrl 01:32 PM 09-25-2012
The kid craft kitchen I bought actually had a washer built into it. I bought it so I could get rid of our little tikes kitchen and washer and dryer. I also liked that it came in primary colors.
Chipmunk 09:28 PM 09-25-2012
It's very cute, but I HATE that it sends the message "kitchens are women's work" with the pink. If it were for my private house and my two girls, awesome. But I think the pink would turn off a lot of boys from thinking it's OK for them to play there. Which, yes, I know is ridiculous, it's just a color, it has no gender, but obviously even small children feel can feel that social pressure.
Nickel 09:39 PM 09-25-2012
I actually thought that too after i continued looking. I did see a really cute corner kitchen that is red and white for a little bit more. I think i will.go with the second one. Just gotta wait till friday when i get paid!!!
Sunchimes 05:26 AM 09-26-2012
I just got a kidcraft kitchen. I don't know about the corner one, but the back of mine is not very attractive. It's just lightweight panels with circles punched in them-I guess to stop air pressure from making the doors hard to close. I've only had mine a couple of weeks, so can't offer much help.

It was pretty easy to put together. Except for one section that required another set of hands, I did it all by myself. Word of warning-be very careful with the fasteners. In one place, the pre-drilled holes didn't line up quite right and I stripped out the holes on top of the screw-and they didn't send extra. I made it work, but it was a worrisome few minutes.

My dck loves it.
LittleCrawfishCC 07:17 AM 09-26-2012
I personally don't see the whole "color" thing, because my boys play with the kitchen more than the girls do. Just my experience!
renodeb 07:22 AM 09-28-2012
Thats a cute kitchen but I bought the step 2 play kitchen at a second hand place and the kids have loved it. Its not particulaly girlly either. I can tell you for certain that kitchens, laundry etc arent just for women!
Deb
Cat Herder 07:52 AM 09-28-2012
OOOOOOww. Now I'm not sure they have this awesome corner kitchen and I would just need to get a toy dryer to go with it. It only costs a little more. Just wondering what the back side looks like since it wouldn't actually go in a corner but would seperate one play area from another
OK, that is the cutest one I have seen!!!!

I just wish listed it.

Is it sick I'd like this as my anniversary gift?
davidjamesthornton 06:25 AM 05-15-2013
Originally Posted by LittleCrawfishCC:
I have this kitchen set and it has held up wonderfully! I got it last christmas
I got it last weekend!And it's worth it.So cute.
Patches 10:05 AM 05-15-2013
I have a kidcraft kitchen and I love it! I got mine on craigslist. That corner one is adorable, though! I would get that one
rmc20021 10:19 AM 05-15-2013
When I had daycare while my two youngest daughters were little, I did that all the time. I'd get them 'birthday' and 'Christmas' gifts which I would not normally have spent that much money on and used it for daycare. They also got their personal stuff they didn't have to share, but it was a good way to get nice things for my girls as well as supply the daycare.
rmc20021 10:21 AM 05-15-2013
Originally Posted by Chipmunk:
It's very cute, but I HATE that it sends the message "kitchens are women's work" with the pink. If it were for my private house and my two girls, awesome. But I think the pink would turn off a lot of boys from thinking it's OK for them to play there. Which, yes, I know is ridiculous, it's just a color, it has no gender, but obviously even small children feel can feel that social pressure.
They have this same one in blue...just as cute and the boys wouldn't think it was too girly and the girls would't think much more about it than it's a pretty blue color.
Tags:kidkraft, kitchen, play kitchen
Reply Up