Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Another Parents Don't Pay Attention Vent
SSWonders 07:58 AM 11-29-2013
I got a text this morning from one of my dcp. _____ is coming today. We should be there around 9:30. She's gonna eat breakfast with me so she'll be all set. See you in a bit.

Ummm, NO, she isn't coming today. I'm closed. It's in the parent handbook. It's posted on our FB page. And I personally told you when you were writing the check for this week and wondering about holiday pay. You didn't have to pay for the day because I'M CLOSED!

Shaking my head.

At least I got to her before she showed up here and I answered the door in my pajamas.
littlemissmuffet 08:08 AM 11-29-2013
Did she reply back?
SSWonders 08:29 AM 11-29-2013
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand we just got notice that her check from last week bounced.

Her reply to the email I sent her about being closed was "No, lol. It's ok I'm a little slow."

Waiting to see how she responds to the email about the bounced check.
littlemissmuffet 09:59 AM 11-29-2013
REALLY???! Yikes. I hope this gets handled right away for you.

I stopped accepting any form of payment other than cash a few years ago when I got my first bounced check... it was just way too much of a hassle to deal with and I decided right then and there that I was never going to deal with it again. I've never had anyone complain about my cash only policy.
e.j. 05:25 PM 11-29-2013
Originally Posted by SSWonders:
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand we just got notice that her check from last week bounced.
Oh, I hate when that happens!! I hope you have a bounced check fee!
MarinaVanessa 06:52 PM 11-29-2013
Originally Posted by e.j.:
Oh, I hate when that happens!! I hope you have a bounced check fee!

Lucy 08:55 PM 11-29-2013
Originally Posted by SSWonders:
I got a text this morning from one of my dcp. _____ is coming today. We should be there around 9:30. She's gonna eat breakfast with me so she'll be all set. See you in a bit.

Ummm, NO, she isn't coming today. I'm closed. It's in the parent handbook. It's posted on our FB page. And I personally told you when you were writing the check for this week and wondering about holiday pay. You didn't have to pay for the day because I'M CLOSED!

Shaking my head.

At least I got to her before she showed up here and I answered the door in my pajamas.
Sometimes that's what it takes though. If you had answered in your pj's with messy hair, it would really make her think about not making THAT mistake again!!

If it were me and I got a text like you did, I would have either left home so that she stands there ringing your bell until the realization that you told her you were closed sets in; OR, I would have stayed home, closed any blinds or drapes at the front of the house, and not responded to the bell. If she kept ringing and ringing, THEN I'd answer in my pj's, messy hair, and maybe even a toothbrush hanging out of my mouth.
misslori50 02:08 PM 11-30-2013
I only take cash or credit cards for this reason
caregiver 11:43 AM 12-01-2013
I would only accept cash from her too. This has happened to me a couple times and I make them pay the fee and also tell them that from now on, I will only accept cash for payment.
Also, I have had many of my parents not pay attention to my guidelines that I give them to keep so they know what is what. They will constantly ask what Holidays I take and about my vacations. I tell them that is all on the guidelines that they have or should have. I tell then I will give them another one so that they can keep it handy for all those kinds of questions if they need one. I don't think a lot of them keep them and I tell them at interviews that they are theirs to take home and keep handy. I go to a lot of work making those and make sure I explain everything that I do and expect from them and their child, and it just irks me when I see that they don't bother to read or keep them.
Springdaze 08:29 AM 12-02-2013
the thing that gets me is that she didn't seem bothered by knowing last minute you were closed! was she working?
SSWonders 10:16 AM 12-03-2013
No, she wasn't working. She's a teacher. And she was at my house withing a couple of hours with cash to replace the check and the fee.
Tags:bounced check, closed for the holidays, parents - don't cooperate, vent
Reply Up