Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>larger benefits of being a day care provider
jenh171 08:02 AM 04-15-2011
I adore the kids I care for, but each one has some little idiosyncracy that drives me nuts! And I think since I have a long vacation next week, these little traits seem magnified this week...it's all a matter of perception, I know! I was noticing this this morning and was reminded of the phrase "what we focus on expands". Being a day care provider (like parenting) is a constant reminder of all we need to grow into more enlightened human beings...compassion, patience, focusing on what is most meaningful are part of our every day experience. I am so thankful for this aspect of my job, but boy is it a challenge! I was wondering if others feel this job has greatly impacted their personal/spiritual growth.
SilverSabre25 08:23 AM 04-15-2011
Heck yes it affects my personal growth...I'm growing a backbone.
missnikki 08:33 AM 04-15-2011
It sure has! I've seen how adults and children behave very similarly at times, but it isn't as cute when an adult poops their pants.
jenh171 08:44 AM 04-15-2011
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25:
...and a set of b***!!!
ninosqueridos 08:45 AM 04-15-2011
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25:
Me, too!

But seriously, I am someone who is used to trying to please everyone and not step on any toes....but considering the number of toes I've stepped on over the last 2 years, I'd have to say yes, I am absolutely growing personally. I'm considering this maturing in a way, too.
Reply Up