Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Off Topic But Has Anyone Ever Had A Chemical Peel?
crazydaycarelady 07:47 AM 10-14-2013
I got one last Wednesday night and I am sooo uncomfortable.

Thursday was fine. Friday I started peeling and ever since then I am so tingling and itchy. I have an aftercare facial this Wednesday and I wish I could just take a sleeping pill and go to sleep until then. It feels like my face is going to crack if I smile or open my mouth very wide. I have tried many lotions and they sting so I am using Vitamin E oil and Neosporin.

daycare 08:08 AM 10-14-2013
I have had several , but never anything like that
Was it chemical or laser?
Blackcat31 08:12 AM 10-14-2013

Yikes! Sounds very painful!

I hope you feel better soon!
MyAngels 08:45 AM 10-14-2013
No, and after reading this I don't think I will....

Hope it's better soon
coolconfidentme 09:07 AM 10-14-2013
How much are they? I've been thing about it, I'm showing a little wear & tear here! lol
crazydaycarelady 10:40 AM 10-14-2013
It was $100. My mom has had several and her results were good. Its not painful just horribly annoying.
daycarediva 11:00 AM 10-14-2013
What does it do? LOL!

I am 'only' in my early 30's, but I am starting to see little lines in my forehead (EEK!) One of my dcm's had botox in her eyes, and it looks RIDICULOUS.
crazydaycarelady 01:47 PM 10-14-2013
The peel basically removes the top layer of skin leaving a shiny new layer of fresh skin! LOL
coolconfidentme 01:55 PM 10-14-2013
At what age does it do the most good? I think I'm older than most on here. I'm 51 & starting to see the wrinkles, YAK!
Neekie 03:06 PM 10-14-2013
Yes, I have had many of them as a teen and young adult as treatment for acne. It would feel like a mild sunburn for a couple of days. And my skin was sensitive to soaps, lotions, ect. And then it would peel and itch. But it sure did help with the acne scars. I think I used vitamin E and aloe to make it less sore and to help with healing.
crazydaycarelady 03:37 PM 10-14-2013
I think if you start in your 20's you would need them very infrequently. The older you are the more often. The aesthetician recommended a 6 week treatment for me (I am 43):
~ microderm-abrasion
~ chem peel
~ after care facial
then repeat
But for my mom who is in her 60's the treatment was much longer.
dingledine 03:59 PM 10-14-2013
No. I had a friend that had one, she was recovering from pregnancy, and against her better judgement did it. She got some minor scarring, as she rubbed at it... don't rub at it. She ended up depressed, ended her life... etc. Sad story.

Another friend of mine had something she put on her face... same thing happened... scarring, took a while for it to get better, it is generally fine I think.

I'd just stay away from it. I'm sure you are fine, no suggestions, just hmmm. I wouldn't.
Maria2013 05:51 AM 10-15-2013
Originally Posted by crazydaycarelady:
I got one last Wednesday night and I am sooo uncomfortable.

Thursday was fine. Friday I started peeling and ever since then I am so tingling and itchy. I have an aftercare facial this Wednesday and I wish I could just take a sleeping pill and go to sleep until then. It feels like my face is going to crack if I smile or open my mouth very wide. I have tried many lotions and they sting so I am using Vitamin E oil and Neosporin.

oh wow that sounds awful
Tags:chemical peel
Reply Up