Daycare.com Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 03-22-2016, 10:44 AM
Unregistered

Default Parent Handbook - Babysitting Request

Anyone have a friendly portion in their parent handbook about requests for babysitting? I'm trying to figure out how to word what I wish to communicate. I get that I seem like the obvious person to ask, but I do not want any requests to babysit the children outside of business hours. A babysitter or family should be used for evening, weekend and overnight childcare needs.
Old 03-22-2016, 10:57 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

On occasion, I may be available to babysit outside regular childcare hours. If this is something you're interested in please message me for details.
Old 03-22-2016, 10:57 AM
New Daycare.com Member

Just state your operating hours and that's it. I've never had anyone ask me to babysit. They always have family or friends do that.
Old 03-22-2016, 11:05 AM
Daycare.com Member

My current hours available for care are 8 to 5, Monday through Friday. I am unable to provide care outside of these hours.

Short, sweet and to the point.
Old 03-22-2016, 11:16 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MunchkinWrangler View Post
Just state your operating hours and that's it. I've never had anyone ask me to babysit. They always have family or friends do that.
Same here.
Old 03-22-2016, 11:54 AM
Daycare.com Member and Bladesmith

Quote:
Same with me.
Old 03-22-2016, 01:20 PM
Advanced Daycare.com Moderator

are you licensed? In my state, any child I care for that is not my own and in the age range of licensing would still fall under all licensing rules.

So I just tell the parents from the get go. The state sees it as a conflict of interest and therefore I do not offer these services.
Old 03-27-2016, 08:25 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Same here. I think I did get asked a time or two but I just said that I didn't do that. That was the end of it.

Tags
babysitting, handbook