Daycare.com Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 02-07-2017, 09:15 AM
Daycare.com Member

Default Inappropriate Parent Behavior

We are in the middle of a Lice issue. Sent a child home yesterday after finding several. Mom brought child back today, against policy, told her child had to be checked before she left. She stated child had been heckled and she saw nothing. Staff member checked and found more, removed from the child's head and showed mom so she could see. Mom took it off the staff members finger, flicked it across the room, went off on my staff member, cussing included. This was all within earshot of the preschool class.
This isn't the first incident with these parents and them refusing responsibility or reacting in this way. Advice?? I really want to terminate care at this point.
Old 02-07-2017, 09:19 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

"Care is terminated immediately Due to absolutely inexcusable parental behavior."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bib3881 View Post
We are in the middle of a Lice issue. Sent a child home yesterday after finding several. Mom brought child back today, against policy, told her child had to be checked before she left. She stated child had been heckled and she saw nothing. Staff member checked and found more, removed from the child's head and showed mom so she could see. Mom took it off the staff members finger, flicked it across the room, went off on my staff member, cussing included. This was all within earshot of the preschool class.
This isn't the first incident with these parents and them refusing responsibility or reacting in this way. Advice?? I really want to terminate care at this point.
Old 02-07-2017, 09:21 AM
Daycare.com Member

Adios, that SECOND. OUT, NOW. Do not pass go, do not collect $200. Psycho. (also, ew.)
Old 02-07-2017, 09:39 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by daycarediva View Post
Adios, that SECOND. OUT, NOW. Do not pass go, do not collect $200. Psycho. (also, ew.)
I literally LOL at this! I would lose it! Lice is so not my thing! My little sister used to bring it home every year when she was in middle school. I think I'm scarred for life because of it!

OP- it sounds like you're in a center. If this is the case have the director handle it. If you are not a center or you are the one in charge I would just politely be done and terminate care.
Old 02-07-2017, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bib3881 View Post
If you have the authority to terminate, my question is why haven't you?
Old 02-07-2017, 09:47 AM
Daycare.com Member

I agree with others. Term.
Old 02-07-2017, 10:00 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackcat31 View Post
If you have the authority to terminate, my question is why haven't you?
I would absolutely have termed on the spot.
Old 02-07-2017, 10:16 AM
Daycare.com Member and Bladesmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leigh View Post
I would absolutely have termed on the spot.
Exactly. If you have the authority to terminate care do it immediately. If not whoever does needs to now.
Old 02-07-2017, 10:34 AM
thrivingchildcare.com

TERMINATE! For sure!
Old 02-08-2017, 10:50 AM
Daycare.com Member

Go with your gut and term. You will find another client who will hopefully be more respectful than this one.

Tags
cussing, inappropriate behavior, parents