Daycare.com Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 01-10-2020, 07:19 AM
Daycare.com Member

Default Reward Chart

I've been having issues with a few kids acting out at pick-up and I'm at the end of my rope with it. Do any of you have a reward chart/system? At what age would be too young to do this type of system?
Old 01-10-2020, 11:07 AM
Unregistered

I don't use a reward chart. I believe that it is not right to reward for thinks that children must do/have. Such as good behavior, beeing nice, clean up toys, follow directions and rules ....
Old 01-10-2020, 11:44 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I don't use a reward chart. I believe that it is not right to reward for thinks that children must do/have. Such as good behavior, beeing nice, clean up toys, follow directions and rules ....
Good point. I didn't look at it like that!
Old 01-10-2020, 12:06 PM
Daycare.com Member

Instead of a chart. I used to use stamps a long time ago. I would give them a stamp if I caught them doing something good. And wash it off when they were given three warnings to stop a behavior. This worked very well for my two year olds that did not want to lose their stamp. And it helpped fostwr a more positive enviroment. I would say it depends on a individual preferance and the situation and age of the children. I phases the system out when the class was more under control and brought it back out when i needed to teach something new. Often times rewards are a great way to help reinforce and get it started.
Old 01-10-2020, 03:22 PM
Daycare.com Member

I started a sticker reward.We would sit in the foyer for last 15 min before pickup.Each child picked a book to take to their spot.Then as each parent came in only that child got up.They greeted the parent came to me for a sticker and left .It was great parents didn't have to argue or chase them around.I did give a small notebook for parents to keep in the car .That stopped them sticking their sticker on the carseatLOL. I t worked great only a few times did a child not get a sticker.They knew "Nana"meant business,no sticker for bad behavior.I did send a note explaining the "new"pickup.

Tags
bye bye outside, changing of the guard, kiss-n-go lane