Daycare.com Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 01-26-2014, 04:41 PM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

Default My Job or Hers?

I have a DC parent that needs the hours her child attends written down for her work to reimburse some of her child care. In the past she'd give me the sheet at pick up after two weeks and I'd write in the times and have it for her the next day.

This last Friday she called during nap needing me to fill it out right away at pick up because I think she forgot and it was due at 5pm that day (P/U is 4:30). Totally fine, it takes me a total of 2 minutes to do. I didn't mind.
But then she gives me the sheet for the next two weeks and wants me to fill it out each day and then give back to her at the end.

I took it but now thinking about it, why am I doing that? I don't want to be responsible for this piece of paper for the next two weeks. I'm also thinking, not my job. I also want to note my attendance sheets are out for everyone - most parents actually sign themselves in/out - she does not - forgets.

So I'm I in the wrong for telling her Monday that she will need to keep it the way it was before or she can fill it out each night herself? I have no problem if she wants to leave it in her daughters mailbox at my childcare but I don't want to add it to my daily to do list.
Old 01-26-2014, 04:52 PM
Home Daycare Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by WImom View Post
I have a DC parent that needs the hours her child attends written down for her work to reimburse some of her child care. In the past she'd give me the sheet at pick up after two weeks and I'd write in the times and have it for her the next day.

This last Friday she called during nap needing me to fill it out right away at pick up because I think she forgot and it was due at 5pm that day (P/U is 4:30). Totally fine, it takes me a total of 2 minutes to do. I didn't mind.
But then she gives me the sheet for the next two weeks and wants me to fill it out each day and then give back to her at the end.

I took it but now thinking about it, why am I doing that? I don't want to be responsible for this piece of paper for the next two weeks. I'm also thinking, not my job. I also want to note my attendance sheets are out for everyone - most parents actually sign themselves in/out - she does not - forgets.

So I'm I in the wrong for telling her Monday that she will need to keep it the way it was before or she can fill it out each night herself? I have no problem if she wants to leave it in her daughters mailbox at my childcare but I want to add it to my daily to do list.
I would just explain that recording the hours is her job, as if you did it for her you'd have to do it for X amount of other families-but you're able to sign off on her records as needed! When I did daycare, I filled out my own paperwork and just gave it to my provider to sign each time. Not your responsibility!
Old 01-27-2014, 03:05 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama2Bella View Post
I would just explain that recording the hours is her job, as if you did it for her you'd have to do it for X amount of other families-but you're able to sign off on her records as needed! When I did daycare, I filled out my own paperwork and just gave it to my provider to sign each time. Not your responsibility!

I would just tell her I don't want to be responsible for it for two weeks. I might lose it.

Laurel
Old 01-27-2014, 06:06 AM

To answer your question, it's really simple. It's the job of whomever benefits from it. In this case, she does.
Old 01-27-2014, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi View Post
To answer your question, it's really simple. It's the job of whomever benefits from it. In this case, she does.
THIS^^^ This is exactly what was going through my mind as I read your post.

WHO is benefiting from this? The parent; therefore I think this is the parents responsibility NOT yours.
Old 01-27-2014, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackcat31 View Post
THIS^^^ This is exactly what was going through my mind as I read your post.

WHO is benefiting from this? The parent; therefore I think this is the parents responsibility NOT yours.
My Minnesota Twin.
Old 01-27-2014, 10:32 AM
Daycare.com Member

Do you use MMK? I'd just print an attendance report for her and have her hand that in or fill out her form herself.
Old 01-27-2014, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leigh View Post
Do you use MMK? I'd just print an attendance report for her and have her hand that in or fill out her form herself.
^^^ That is how I'd handle it.

I'd go further by telling her if she forgets to sign in/sign out each day she is SOL for those hours as well. (required by State here, I'd get in trouble for that... so back to Heidi's theory there....)

Tags
attendance, attendance hours, attendance sheet, parental responsibility, sign in sheet