Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Thinking About Closing Again
mooseriot 12:59 PM 06-26-2020
I have an in home and I closed back in March as soon as we heard of the virus. I’m based in Florida. I re-opened about two weeks ago and have adapted to the new routine as best as possible.

But our Covid cases in our area are rising more and more. We just had record breaking positive cases here and I started getting sick three days ago and closed right away as I had to go get tested not only for safety but also as I have asthma. I’m waiting for the office to call me back with the results but I’m debating closing for good until our states numbers start going down.

How would I about letting my families know? I’m not worried about my families reactions I’ve known them for years and everyone is kind and understanding I’ve just been so stressed and overworked with everything going on I can’t collect my thoughts thank you!
springv 01:16 PM 06-26-2020
If you feel like closing, close and if people get upset then oh well because your health comes first! I haven't worked since March 17th because I'm high risk and will not go back until I feel safe
Cat Herder 01:51 PM 06-26-2020
I have stayed open the whole time BUT if I had asthma or diabetes I would reconsider.
mooseriot 02:09 PM 06-26-2020
I do have asthma, diabetes and high blood pressure so not ideal plus add to the mix a one year old of my own. I’m looking for advice on how to phrase my closing to my families?
Cat Herder 05:50 AM 06-27-2020
Originally Posted by mooseriot:
I do have asthma, diabetes and high blood pressure so not ideal plus add to the mix a one year old of my own. I’m looking for advice on how to phrase my closing to my families?
With the current rise in cases and my being in the high risk category it is important that I limit my exposure. I hoped to be able to stay open but it is clear that it is too early for reopening. I will be closed on Monday, June 29th until further notice. Thank you, in advance, for your patience and understanding during this difficult time.
Sunchimes 11:55 AM 06-27-2020
I think you are making a very wise decision.
DaveA 01:47 PM 06-27-2020
Yep in your situation I would close ASAP. CH's letter is a good template.
rosieteddy 09:03 AM 07-02-2020
I would close indefinitely. I had to close for personal reasons in the middle of my career. Families understood and moved on with no hard feelings. When I was ready to reopen I was full again in 4 months. Do what works for you.
Sunchimes 08:27 PM 07-05-2020
In Texas, they made me close, and they won't let me re-open because I am over 65. Our governor's Open Texas handbook says that those over 65 should avoid young children. Licensing says we have to follow the governor's orders, and so I am not allowed to re-open. No idea when that will change. They said my license is still active with no plans to change that
Tags:closing daycare - how to, covid-19 - procedures, florida member
Reply Up