Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Late Pickup Fees Accumulating
icemommy 06:40 PM 01-23-2015
I have a question and I hope someone can shed some light for me.

I started with a new daycare and she is fairly new with accepting the State Voucher (less than 1 year). My voucher covers 10 hours per day during the week and 5 hours on Saturdays. Recently my job did a shift change from morning to nights and we verbally agreed to change the drop off 2 hours later and pick up two hours later. My job training is temporary for 4 weeks. 2 weeks into it she gives me an invoice stating that I have late fees of $110!!! I was shocked and asked where did this come from? And why did you wait 2 weeks? She stated that she closes 1st shift by 6pm and even though my job hours goes pass 1 and a half into 2nd shift she charges a late fee. Here is the thing, we talked about the specific hours and she agreed and said she can do that. My question is, what should I do in the situation when I am not late, and the state covers 10 hours days and I never went over 10 hours?

Thanks in advance!
Ariana 03:25 PM 01-24-2015
Do you only have a verbal agreement or do you have the agreement in writing? It sounds like you only have a verbal agreement where she stated she could do those hours for you but didn't mention charging late fees.
Starburst 03:41 PM 01-24-2015
Some providers do their fees by pick up time rather than actual amount of hours (I think Nannyde used to do this before she retired).

I would look over her policies and talk to her one more time and if it can't be resolved then maybe consider looking for another provider that can meet your needs without over charge.
Reply Up