Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>I Find This Very Fitting to Daycare
CraftyMom 09:19 PM 02-07-2015
Kenny Roger's song The Gambler.

I heard it on that commercial for Geico tonight and thought how fitting in regards to knowing which kids are a good fit. It came on at a good time when I was second guessing myself about possibly terming a crying infant, thinking "should I give it more time or have I given it too much time already?"

Through experience we eventually learn to "Know when to hold 'em... Know when to fold 'em... Know when to walk away... Know when to run..."

I think I'll print that out and hang it on my fridge to remind myself that sometimes I need to fold...and it's ok!
Leigh 06:18 AM 02-08-2015
That's funny. Knowing when to run is the most important!
Starburst 07:49 AM 02-08-2015
It's true when you think about it. There are lots of times when I listen to songs and think that it can apply to child care (EX: 'Let It Go' can remind you to pick your battles and talks about isolation which is very common in this field when you are alone up to 12 hours a day without adult conversation).

I've thought about having a quote of the day/week bored of sayings that can be smart, inspirational, or even just funny (even if some of the kids are too young to get it, the parents might need a little lift in the morning)
Unregistered 11:42 AM 02-08-2015
I like:

The world is full of nice people. If you can't find one, be one.

Better childcare through paperwork. (okay, that one's only satire for dc providers)

I childproofed my house but they still get in!

Before you speak, think: Is It:
True?
Helpful?
Inspirational?
Necessary?
Kind?

HOPE:
Have
Only
Positive
Expectations

PRIDE:
I am Polite
I am Responsible
I have Integrity
I am Determined
I will Excel in everything I do

When you are weary of dealing with red tape, paperwork and bureaucracy just remember that it would be even more difficult to start your own country. So if you can manage to laugh it off, do so!
Shell 01:05 PM 02-08-2015
Originally Posted by CraftyMom:

I heard it on that commercial for Geico tonight and thought how fitting in regards to knowing which kids are a good fit. It came on at a good time when I was second guessing myself about possibly terming a crying infant, thinking "should I give it more time or have I given it too much time already?"

Through experience we eventually learn to "Know when to hold 'em... Know when to fold 'em... Know when to walk away... Know when to run..."

I think I'll print that out and hang it on my fridge to remind myself that sometimes I need to fold...and it's ok!
Ha good one!
KiddieCahoots 07:43 PM 02-08-2015
Originally Posted by CraftyMom:

.....definitely can relate to this!
Still working on the folding part here, without guilt, but getting there.
Reply Up