Daycare.com Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-01-2011, 02:42 PM
SilverSabre25's Avatar
SilverSabre25 SilverSabre25 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Where I am legally unlicensed ;), USA
Posts: 7,626
Default Celebrating Holidays/Traditions Other Than Christmas

I'm thinking about spending December teaching my kids about some of the other notable December traditions/celebrations. I have young kids (2.5 to 4) so I don't want to go into too much detail as that might confuse them. I'm also afraid of doing anything "wrong" or that might be viewed as disrespectful by anyone.

I'm having trouble coming up with much beyond Christmas, Hanukkah, and St. Nicholas' Day. What else can I touch on the basics of?

FYI St. Nick's day I'm mostly going to do for fun--I'm going to talk to them about it in the morning and read them a story about it that I have, and then they'll leave their shoes at the ends of their cots and I'll sneak in during nap and put chocolate coins in them.

Hanukkah I was going to do a very basic version of (and use this as a chance to learn a bit more about it myself) and I am trying to decide what else is a good way to "celebrate" it in a basic way...would it be weird/wrong to light a menorah with them each day they're here during it (not a whole lot this year, because it runs Dec. 20th to 28th)? Play with a dreidel, give them some "gelt" each day? Have latkes and other traditional foods for lunch at least one day?

Christmas...I am going to mostly ignore all the religious or even Santa aspects and focus on making gifts for their parents (homemade ornaments, hand/foot print calendar, making our own wrapping paper for the gifts...).

We're also going to be talking about the season change, getting ready for winter, hibernation, etc. On the solstice we'll probably talk about how it's the shortest day of the year and how many, many cultures have celebrations of light and warmth and family and happiness at this time of year.

What do you think? What else can I add to look at, celebration/tradition-wise?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-01-2011, 02:50 PM
daycare's Avatar
daycare daycare is offline
Advanced Daycare.com Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Mars
Posts: 16,021
Default

Kwanzaa

In my home county it is Eid - ul - Fitr and Eid - Ul - Adha.... I hope that I remembered how to spell it.. hahha (Egypt)
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-01-2011, 02:52 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

The Mexican holiday of Las Posadas is celebrated for nine days, from December 16 to 24. The posadas are re-enactments of the journey made by Mary and Joseph to Bethlehem, that take place each night at a different home within the community. Guests gather at a new neigborhood home each night, dressed as shepards, angels, or even Mary and Joseph, and sing songs and ask for shelter. When the hosts open their home, there is a big party with traditional Mexican foods like ponche and bunuelos, and at the end of the night there is a pinata shaped like a Christmas star.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-01-2011, 03:08 PM
MarinaVanessa's Avatar
MarinaVanessa MarinaVanessa is offline
Family Childcare Home
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ventura County, CA
Posts: 7,003
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
The Mexican holiday of Las Posadas is celebrated for nine days, from December 16 to 24. The posadas are re-enactments of the journey made by Mary and Joseph to Bethlehem, that take place each night at a different home within the community. Guests gather at a new neigborhood home each night, dressed as shepards, angels, or even Mary and Joseph, and sing songs and ask for shelter. When the hosts open their home, there is a big party with traditional Mexican foods like ponche and bunuelos, and at the end of the night there is a pinata shaped like a Christmas star.
Yes this! don't know if it's the same for all of Mexico but I know that in my family you bake a bread called a rosca (row-skuh). It's made in a mold with a hole in the middle and you place a small baby in it. On the 16th my family and their neighbors get together and they cut the rosca. Everyone gets a piece and whoever gets the piece with the baby in it has to throw the party.

Traditionally instead of a party it was more of a feast and posada means inn so people would sing in the streets asking for shelter. People would take strangers into their homes and feed them and then offer them shelter for the night. People don't usually offer shelter anymore and it's more of a party but they still walk the streets and sing religious hymns in spanish. A lot like carolers but hoards and hoards of them, like a huge procession. Many carry candles. I got to experience watching this many times while growing up when I visited my family in Jalisco, Mexico. It was quite an experience.
__________________
Daycare Ninja, CA
Helping Hands Childcare
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-01-2011, 03:09 PM
BigMama's Avatar
BigMama BigMama is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: New York State
Posts: 158
Default

Kwanzaa
The Winter Solstice/Soyaluna/Dongzhi
St. Lucia Day
Las Posadas
Hannukah
Can talk about the different ways Christmas is celebrated throughout the world.
Learn to say "Merry Christmas" in different languages.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-01-2011, 03:18 PM
kidkair's Avatar
kidkair kidkair is offline
Celebrating Daily!
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Chaos, MN
Posts: 704
Default

Jingle Bells by Iza Trapani http://www.amazon.com/Jingle-Bells-I.../dp/1580890954 is the one that came in my FunShine curriculum this month and does a nice job of showing what other kids are doing around the world.
__________________
Celebrate!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-01-2011, 03:28 PM
daycare's Avatar
daycare daycare is offline
Advanced Daycare.com Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Mars
Posts: 16,021
Default

how about ramadan anyone get that one yet??


just got this email today and this was part of the email...

http://www.scholastic.com/teachers/c...m_rid=11804774

Last edited by daycare; 12-01-2011 at 03:33 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-01-2011, 05:02 PM
SandeeAR's Avatar
SandeeAR SandeeAR is offline
Advanced Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 1,188
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25 View Post
Christmas...I am going to mostly ignore all the religious or even Santa aspects and focus on making gifts for their parents (homemade ornaments, hand/foot print calendar, making our own wrapping paper for the gifts...).
I rarely comment on this board anymore, and I know this will get me flamed on this board, but I MUST comment on this.

You say you are going to mostly ignor all the religious aspects of CHRISTmas. CHRISTmas would not exist without CHRIST. It is a holiday celebrating the BIRTH of CHRIST, not a holiday just to give gifts.

CHRIST is a major part of my life and I could not keep quiet on this.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-01-2011, 05:07 PM
daycare's Avatar
daycare daycare is offline
Advanced Daycare.com Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Mars
Posts: 16,021
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandeeAR View Post
I rarely comment on this board anymore, and I know this will get me flamed on this board, but I MUST comment on this.

You say you are going to mostly ignor all the religious aspects of CHRISTmas. CHRISTmas would not exist without CHRIST. It is a holiday celebrating the BIRTH of CHRIST, not a holiday just to give gifts.

CHRIST is a major part of my life and I could not keep quiet on this.
No flaming
We are talking about what we will teach or NOT teach the kids.

I don't think it's our place to teach them about Christ If we are not a religious daycare setup!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12-01-2011, 05:12 PM
SandeeAR's Avatar
SandeeAR SandeeAR is offline
Advanced Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 1,188
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandeeAR View Post
I rarely comment on this board anymore, and I know this will get me flamed on this board, but I MUST comment on this.

You say you are going to mostly ignor all the religious aspects of CHRISTmas. CHRISTmas would not exist without CHRIST. It is a holiday celebrating the BIRTH of CHRIST, not a holiday just to give gifts.

CHRIST is a major part of my life and I could not keep quiet on this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by daycare View Post
No flaming
We are talking about what we will teach or NOT teach the kids.

I don't think it's our place to teach them about Christ If we are not a religious daycare setup!
If it is not her place to teach them about CHRIST because of religion, it isn't her place to teach them about Hanukah either, it is based on the Jewish Religion.

Last edited by SandeeAR; 12-01-2011 at 05:14 PM. Reason: spelling typo
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 12-01-2011, 05:16 PM
daycare's Avatar
daycare daycare is offline
Advanced Daycare.com Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Mars
Posts: 16,021
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandeeAR View Post
If it is not her place to teach them about CHRIST because of religion, it isn't her place to teach them about Hanukah either, it is based on the Jewish Religion.
Understand what you are saying, but she is focusing on the more traditional and commercial side of these holidays/celebrations. Just as they would teach them on a public school setting.

Like what other kids around the world do for Christmas or what do they eat for Christmas. What kind of games do they play?
It's risky to do, but if done right it can be done. I think she can do it ...
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 12-01-2011, 05:19 PM
sharlan's Avatar
sharlan sharlan is online now
Advanced Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Chino, California
Posts: 5,564
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandeeAR View Post
I rarely comment on this board anymore, and I know this will get me flamed on this board, but I MUST comment on this.

You say you are going to mostly ignor all the religious aspects of CHRISTmas. CHRISTmas would not exist without CHRIST. It is a holiday celebrating the BIRTH of CHRIST, not a holiday just to give gifts.

CHRIST is a major part of my life and I could not keep quiet on this.
I understand where you are coming from. You most definitely have that right. But you also have to respect other's rights to not teach the religious side of Christmas.

Daycare was not raised Christian (correct me if I am wrong), so it would be wrong for her to incorporate the religious side. I believe that another member of this forum does not believe in God, so she again, wouldn't incorporate the religious side.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 12-01-2011, 05:23 PM
SandeeAR's Avatar
SandeeAR SandeeAR is offline
Advanced Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 1,188
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharlan View Post
I understand where you are coming from. You most definitely have that right. But you also have to respect other's rights to not teach the religious side of Christmas.

Daycare was not raised Christian (correct me if I am wrong), so it would be wrong for her to incorporate the religious side. I believe that another member of this forum does not believe in God, so she again, wouldn't incorporate the religious side.
My point being, if you feel that way, you should not celebrate or teach or whatever about CHRISTmas. Celebrate whatever you want, but if you are talking about December 25th, that is the BIRTH of CHRIST and THAT is CHRISTmas. Notice the first word in the holiday.

If you don't believe in CHRIST, than you are not celebrating CHRISTmas. Saying you are not going to use the reglion aspects of CHRISTmas, is like saying you are going to teach about Independence Day and not talk about America.

Last edited by SandeeAR; 12-01-2011 at 05:24 PM. Reason: typo
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 12-01-2011, 05:49 PM
AnneCordelia AnneCordelia is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 813
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandeeAR View Post
My point being, if you feel that way, you should not celebrate or teach or whatever about CHRISTmas. Celebrate whatever you want, but if you are talking about December 25th, that is the BIRTH of CHRIST and THAT is CHRISTmas. Notice the first word in the holiday.

If you don't believe in CHRIST, than you are not celebrating CHRISTmas. Saying you are not going to use the reglion aspects of CHRISTmas, is like saying you are going to teach about Independence Day and not talk about America.
Like many things, the word 'Christmas' has evolved over time. Christmas is much more than the just Christian religion at this point, and is a very real secular holiday as well. Just as Christmas evolved originally as Pagan holiday to a Christian one, and now to a secular one.

I am not Christian but I celebrate Christmas. I celebrate gift-giving, good food, family, friends, decorating my home, listening to music, and the many other traditions from this holiday that aren't religious.

With that in mind, I do see what you're saying. I am an atheist, and hope for my children to also be agnostic/atheist, but I believe in being educated about religious options. I teach the kids about the basic religious background of Hannukah, Christmas, the Winter Solstice, Ramadan, and other religious holidays throughout the year. We eat traditional foods on those days too; it's lots of fun.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 12-01-2011, 06:33 PM
SilverSabre25's Avatar
SilverSabre25 SilverSabre25 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Where I am legally unlicensed ;), USA
Posts: 7,626
Default

I am not going to flame you. BUT I am also not going to start a religious debate with you, either. My beliefs are my own and they have no place here--I'm not sure I've even ever said whether or not I'm Christian and I plan not to ever say specifically because *it should not matter*. In fact, as far as I know, *my daycare families* aren't even sure what my religious beliefs are.

SandeeAR, would it sit better with you if I said simply that I plan to teach an overview of many of the major world celebrations that occur at this time of year? What do YOU think is a fair, simple way to present your holiday of choice (Christmas)? What is a way that it could be presented so that it would not be offensive if YOUR child were in my (non-religious) daycare? This is exactly the reason I posted the thread in the first place...to get opinions and input from people with beliefs that may be different from mine.

Please, share what you think--politely, please.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 12-01-2011, 06:35 PM
SilverSabre25's Avatar
SilverSabre25 SilverSabre25 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Where I am legally unlicensed ;), USA
Posts: 7,626
Default

AnneCordelia, I would LOVE to hear some more about what you teach, how, what you eat, etc!! PM or share it here, please!
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 12-01-2011, 06:44 PM
SilverSabre25's Avatar
SilverSabre25 SilverSabre25 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Where I am legally unlicensed ;), USA
Posts: 7,626
Default

To everyone, thank you for the ideas and input. I had thought of St. Lucia's day because I've read some about it over the years (cougcoughAMERICAN GIRL DOLL BOOKS coughcough good grief did I just show how young I am or what?!)

Daycare, I must admit that I know next to nothing about either Eid or Ramadan...in fact, I think I was a teenager before I even heard of either of them. Could you share some information please? What are they about, how are they usually celebrated?
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 12-01-2011, 07:11 PM
Mandy_Jane's Avatar
Mandy_Jane Mandy_Jane is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Missouri
Posts: 96
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandeeAR View Post
My point being, if you feel that way, you should not celebrate or teach or whatever about CHRISTmas. Celebrate whatever you want, but if you are talking about December 25th, that is the BIRTH of CHRIST and THAT is CHRISTmas. Notice the first word in the holiday.

If you don't believe in CHRIST, than you are not celebrating CHRISTmas. Saying you are not going to use the reglion aspects of CHRISTmas, is like saying you are going to teach about Independence Day and not talk about America.
Sorry to burst your bubble SandeeAR, but Christ was NOT born on December 25th. Anyone that takes even the SLIGHTEST amount of effort to research this knows that he was not born on that date. That date was adopted because a pagan holiday known as Saturnalia already took place on that date. It was a celebration of the sun God. The church took that day, and turned it into a celebration of Christ. They knew if they tried to banish the pagan holiday all together, people would rebel. So instead they made it in to a so called "Christian" holiday. Yet, to this day almost EVERY singe aspect of Christmas traditions originated from pagan roots.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 12-01-2011, 07:20 PM
Mandy_Jane's Avatar
Mandy_Jane Mandy_Jane is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Missouri
Posts: 96
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneCordelia View Post
Like many things, the word 'Christmas' has evolved over time. Christmas is much more than the just Christian religion at this point, and is a very real secular holiday as well. Just as Christmas evolved originally as Pagan holiday to a Christian one, and now to a secular one.

I am not Christian but I celebrate Christmas. I celebrate gift-giving, good food, family, friends, decorating my home, listening to music, and the many other traditions from this holiday that aren't religious.
I totally agree with you Anne. I celebrate Christmas for all the reasons you listed. Religion plays no part in my Christmas celebration. By the way, I LOVE your name! Anne with an E and hair as red as carrots, right? : )
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 12-02-2011, 06:39 AM
SandeeAR's Avatar
SandeeAR SandeeAR is offline
Advanced Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 1,188
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25 View Post
I am not going to flame you. BUT I am also not going to start a religious debate with you, either. My beliefs are my own and they have no place here--I'm not sure I've even ever said whether or not I'm Christian and I plan not to ever say specifically because *it should not matter*. In fact, as far as I know, *my daycare families* aren't even sure what my religious beliefs are.

SandeeAR, would it sit better with you if I said simply that I plan to teach an overview of many of the major world celebrations that occur at this time of year? What do YOU think is a fair, simple way to present your holiday of choice (Christmas)? What is a way that it could be presented so that it would not be offensive if YOUR child were in my (non-religious) daycare? This is exactly the reason I posted the thread in the first place...to get opinions and input from people with beliefs that may be different from mine.

Please, share what you think--politely, please.
To start, I don't believe anything I have said has been done in an Unpolite way. That would not be my personality to do so. I do appreciate not being flamed, (so far). I also have no interest in starting a religious debate with you.

My point is, you can't say you aren't going to do the religious parts of CHRISTmas and then do the regligious parts of another religion. Taking CHRIST out of a CHRISTmas celebration, then you need to take the menorah out of your Jewish celebration. See what I mean? Why exclude one and not the other? They are both a religion? As for the other holidays, I'm not commenting on them, b/c I don't know enough about them to comment.


It is talked about all the time on this board, about needing a backbone. I'm simply showing my backbone for my Christian beliefs by not letting this get by without comment.

Regardless of anyones belief, I would not be much of a Christian, if I didn't stand up for my believes would I?

I've stated my views on the subject, so I'm walking away now before this thread gets turned into something I did not intend for it too.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 12-02-2011, 06:56 AM
SilverSabre25's Avatar
SilverSabre25 SilverSabre25 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Where I am legally unlicensed ;), USA
Posts: 7,626
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandeeAR View Post
To start, I don't believe anything I have said has been done in an Unpolite way. That would not be my personality to do so. I do appreciate not being flamed, (so far). I also have no interest in starting a religious debate with you.

My point is, you can't say you aren't going to do the religious parts of CHRISTmas and then do the regligious parts of another religion. Taking CHRIST out of a CHRISTmas celebration, then you need to take the menorah out of your Jewish celebration. See what I mean? Why exclude one and not the other? They are both a religion? As for the other holidays, I'm not commenting on them, b/c I don't know enough about them to comment.


It is talked about all the time on this board, about needing a backbone. I'm simply showing my backbone for my Christian beliefs by not letting this get by without comment.

Regardless of anyones belief, I would not be much of a Christian, if I didn't stand up for my believes would I?

I've stated my views on the subject, so I'm walking away now before this thread gets turned into something I did not intend for it too.
I didn't say that you didn't say it impolitely, I merely wanted to remind EVERYONE to stay respectful. You did come across as awfully harsh though, hence the reminder.

I understand what you're saying, and I thank you, because it gives me chance to clarify to you, others, and even myself what my plans are re: Christmas. I'm going to gloss the story, and present it as "what some people believe" rather than "this is TRUE!!!!!!!" because in the end, it's all just a belief no matter what religion you're talking about--It's a story you believe is true.

That can be said of everything: that Barack Obama is an American, that trees make noise if they fall in the woods and no one is around to hear them, that dinosaurs lived 60 million years ago. These are nothing but stories to us because *we cannot know for SURE because we are not/were not THERE when it happened*. We choose to believe, or not believe, and that is one of the great things about this country is that we HAVE that freedom. You choose to believe that this story, and all the others in the Bible, are absolute truth and that is fine. Other people don't feel that way, and it is not up to me to decide what is right nor is it up to me to present something as truth when I don't know WHAT that family finds to be true. The most fair way I can think of is to merely share stories, with an air of "some believe this, some believe that, isn't it great that we live in a world with so many different stories?"

So. I am going to present Christmas as what some people believe, just like I will present Hanukkah and the others. Yes, the story of WHY we celebrate Christmas does include Jesus and mangers and inns and donkeys. I do NOT need to get into the whole "Son of God", "Savior of sinners" stuff--that's religion. I will present American traditions (which include Santa and trees and stockings) as well as other traditions (the Mexican one mentioned by others, St. Nicholas Day, Santa Lucia, etc) and traditions that are fairly common (nativity scenes, for example--I'm considering whether or not to buy the Little People Nativity set because that tradition is fairly multicultural).

As a parent, would that approach be all right with you?

And please, don't "walk away" because I think that this can stay very respectful. I really want your input because religion and belief is a very touchy subject for most people. It's not for me because I'm comfortable in my beliefs and I'm also comfortable with others believing differently--it's called tolerance.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 12-02-2011, 07:06 AM
Cat Herder's Avatar
Cat Herder Cat Herder is offline
Advanced Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 8,861
Default

I am doing our December THEMES (story time, illustration images) based on how different FAMILIES celebrate together. It will be about joy, love, giving, hope and FAMILY time together. Some will not even be human...snowmen, reindeer, penguins, bears...etc.

Looking at beautiful multicultural photos showing families eating, playing and spending time together is my only curriculum goal. Isn't that the point of all of it?

Rudolph the red-nosed reindeer is one of my childhood hero's. Island of misfit toys was my childhood dream vacation place. Frosty the Snowman never even declared his religion to my knowledge....he just wanted to be our friend.

My Christmas PARTY will include a gift exchange and sugar cookies. Simple enough for me. The way I was raised was such that I could care less if you wanted to worship a cardboard box. It is your right and I would lay down my life to protect that right.....Freedom of Religion. On the flip side, I will fight to the death to protect my right NOT to have to worship YOUR box.
__________________
- Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 12-02-2011, 07:07 AM
sharlan's Avatar
sharlan sharlan is online now
Advanced Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Chino, California
Posts: 5,564
Default

I personally know nothing about other religions or other cultures. If I had a parent with another religion/culture, I would ask them to share what the holiday means to them.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 12-02-2011, 07:11 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I am a christian. I believe the meaning of christmas to be religious. I celebrate christmas in my home as being a religious holiday.

However, I do NOT do ANY of that with my dck's. despite what I believe, I have children in care that have many other beliefs, customs and traditions.

I plan on doing what Silver is doing and touching a bit on everything I can think of that is celebrated by those families. My families are all aware that I plan to "talk" about and introduce these new subjects, concepts and ideas to their children. I do not plan on teaching the children that any one way is right or wrong. That is the difference.

Exposure, discussion, recognition and education of other beliefs and cultures is completley different than pushing ONLY one belief (mine).

This subject is really no different than our own personal beliefs about what our children should and shouldn't eat, whether our kids should or shouldn't watch TV and/or what our own personal beliefs are about parenting our children.

Just because TImmy's family hates peas and doesn't eat them at home doesn't mean I am not going to continue serving (exposing) Timmy to them at daycare. kwim?
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 12-02-2011, 07:58 AM
BigMama's Avatar
BigMama BigMama is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: New York State
Posts: 158
Default

Yes, holidays (Holy-days) such as Christmas and Hanukkah are embedded in religion, but there are cultural aspects as well. It is possible to talk about/teach CULTURE without teaching RELIGION. I have children of many different backgrounds in my daycare: Christian, Catholic, Jewish, Buddhist, Atheist...we talk about all of their traditions and celebrations that are special to their families.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
celebration, christmas, cultural diversity, multiculturalism, religion

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Who Gets Paid Christmas Week Off? Sprouts Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 18 07-18-2012 02:02 PM
Christmas Activity mainemomma Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 1 12-18-2010 06:20 PM
Christmas Schedule Change....WWYD??? Unregistered Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 8 12-03-2010 12:20 PM
Maybe A Little Early...Christmas Gifts For dcks?? SunflowerMama Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 14 11-04-2010 06:28 AM
Christmas & Holiday Pay Unregistered Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 8 09-23-2010 11:57 AM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:49 AM.



Daycare.com         Find A Daycare         List Your Daycare         Toys & Products                 About Us

Daycare.com
Please read our Disclaimer before continuing.

Topics pertain mainly to the following States:

Alabama Alaska Arizona Arkansas California Colorado Connecticut Delaware District of Columbia Florida Georgia Hawaii Idaho Illinois Indiana Iowa Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Maine Maryland Massachusetts Michigan Minnesota Mississippi Missouri Montana Nebraska Nevada New Hampshire New Jersey New Mexico New York North Carolina North Dakota Ohio Oklahoma Oregon Pennsylvania Rhode Island South Carolina South Dakota Tennessee Texas Utah Vermont Virginia Washington West Virginia Wisconsin Wyoming