Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Book Club - Reviews / Suggestions>Are Any of You Spiritual? No I Don't Mean Religious
dEHmom 12:45 PM 04-27-2012
I was wondering, after reading that book I recommended a while back, "The Power of Losing Control" I moved onto a book called "The Power of Now" and realized these books touch upon the basic principals or ideas of Buddhism (which I am partially informed about).

I am not religious. I don't mean offense to anyone who is, but it just isn't my thing. I don't believe in A GOD, or some higher power. I do believe there is afterlife, and I do believe in other things that might point to higher powers, but it's just so confusing to me.

Anyways, after reading those books, I started to look into and do some research on spirituality, more in the sense of your body's spirit, auras, chakras (your body's energy centers), energy/healing gemstones/rocks, etc.

I am fascinated in it. and want to learn all about it. I've tried mindfulness before (I hate the word meditation as it just sounds wrong to me). I never really succeeded in meditation, but have had the peaceful moments where my brain completely shuts up. Well, just now, I was sitting outside (my babies are all napping), and had a really interesting experience while my brain was quiet.

At first,there was a colorful light show and then it went bright white, and it appeared as though someone was standing right in front of me. Now I wonder what that is, or WHO that was. Also I know it was just coincidence, but there was a breeze that went by just before the feelin that someone was there. It is a breezy (on and off) kind of day, but it was just perfect timing.

I'm excited to have some peace and quiet for a bit and see again. When I opened my eyes, and moved around, it felt peaceful in my body. Everything feels different around me, even though nothing has changed.

I'm curious to find out if any of you meditate, or have any connection with your body's energy, etc. If so, do you have any advice or tips on how to do it more successfully?
Tags:god, religious beliefs, spiritual
Up