Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Play Kitchen Help
Thriftylady 10:07 AM 07-08-2015
I have tons of food, dishes and such for my play kitchen. There are in at least three tubs. My thrift store sells them in mixed baggies and I always see something I don't have lol. So now I have at least three bins of kitchen stuff. But it is all mixed in bins. How do you sort yours? Generally my rule is one bin out per child, but with kitchen stuff usually I have them share because it is smaller so takes lots to fill a bin. So do you have any order to yours? Do you just mix it all up? Do you have separate smaller bins of food/dishes etc? I would like to feel like I haven't just dumped it all in a bin lol.
childcaremom 10:10 AM 07-08-2015
I have pared down all the things I have.

Out right now we have some food items (cloth food baskets from Ikea), dishes and dish drainer and a basket of pots, pans and mixing spoons, etc. It is just out at the kitchen area for free access.

That is it and it is more played with now then when I had all the items out. Bonus, it is easier to clean

I have the same items out for our outdoor kitchen, too.
Thriftylady 10:12 AM 07-08-2015
Originally Posted by childcaremom:
I have pared down all the things I have.

Out right now we have some food items (cloth food baskets from Ikea), dishes and dish drainer and a basket of pots, pans and mixing spoons, etc. It is just out at the kitchen area for free access.

That is it and it is more played with now then when I had all the items out. Bonus, it is easier to clean

I have the same items out for our outdoor kitchen, too.
Thanks I guess that is sort of what I am doing with one bin at a time, it isn't all out that way. But then I run into "I want this and it isn't in this one". I refuse to have it all out at once though.
midaycare 10:17 AM 07-08-2015
I have a small kitchen (used to have a large one) and I keep about 10-15 items out. I have 5-6 kids at a time, and only 1 or 2 play there at a time. I used to keep a huge selection of food, but it was a pita to clean up every day. So now I just mix it up now and again.
Leigh 10:27 AM 07-08-2015
I have a kitchen trash can (clean, new, of course!) that I put all the kitchen stuff in. The kids then can figure out how to put it all away when it goes in the same place. I just keep it next to the kitchen. It's big enough to hold all of my kitchen stuff, and doesn't take up a lot of floor space.
finsup 10:44 AM 07-08-2015
I wish mine would stay organized lol. I have a place for everything to go so its sorted and looks nice and...it never stays that way. Now I'm happy as long as everything gets put into a cupboard, not just piled on top of the actual kitchen. My crew just doesn't see the appeal to organized toys like I do lol.
Thriftylady 10:46 AM 07-08-2015
Originally Posted by finsup:
I wish mine would stay organized lol. I have a place for everything to go so its sorted and looks nice and...it never stays that way. Now I'm happy as long as everything gets put into a cupboard, not just piled on top of the actual kitchen. My crew just doesn't see the appeal to organized toys like I do lol.
My stuff for sure won't fit in the cupboards. Maybe I have to much lol. But when I see new food, especially fruits and veggies I can't resist.
Reply Up