Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>No Thanks for Mother's Day Gifts
Unregistered 05:59 AM 05-11-2015
The kids made mini flower pot butterfly gardens for their moms and were so proud of the cards they made and the flower pots they decorated for their moms. Dads pick up most of the kids and the moms and I communicate through facebook emails (daily updates, pictures, etc.). I even ran into one of the moms at our kids' sporting event this weekend. Not so much as a thank you. I feel a little...disappointed? since I knew how proud the kids were. I really feel like "why bother" and I won't be doing anything next year for them. This brings me to my next question: do I even bother for Father's Day? I don't want to leave them out or make them feel forgotten (or maybe I am thinking too much into it). But yeah. I totally get why some of you choose not to go out of your way for it now!

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend and the moms here enjoyed their special day!
Thriftylady 06:06 AM 05-11-2015
None here either, but the kids enjoy doing things. I guess maybe just a smaller scale next time?
deliberateliterate 06:28 AM 05-11-2015
I got a big thank you from 1 mom, and no mention from the other 3.

I'd still do something for Father's Day. The kids still enjoy making it, and are usually so proud to give their gifts. I'm sure the moms made a big fuss to the kids when the received it.
Blackcat31 06:33 AM 05-11-2015
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
The kids made mini flower pot butterfly gardens for their moms and were so proud of the cards they made and the flower pots they decorated for their moms. Dads pick up most of the kids and the moms and I communicate through facebook emails (daily updates, pictures, etc.). I even ran into one of the moms at our kids' sporting event this weekend. Not so much as a thank you. I feel a little...disappointed? since I knew how proud the kids were. I really feel like "why bother" and I won't be doing anything next year for them. This brings me to my next question: do I even bother for Father's Day? I don't want to leave them out or make them feel forgotten (or maybe I am thinking too much into it). But yeah. I totally get why some of you choose not to go out of your way for it now!

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend and the moms here enjoyed their special day!
I think you'd be safe to assume the "givers" of the gifts WERE thanked.

I know it feels a bit sad that the parents didn't thank you for helping the kids make their Mother's Day gifts but I would venture to say that the kids were thanked, hugged and kissed for the awesome gifts they gave their mothers.

I'd take comfort in the fact that the kids WERE proud and that you had fun making the gifts with them. You provided small children the ability to give something to someone they love; even though they have no job and no money to spend.

I think you are looking at the wrong people for thanks......
The proud looks on the kids' faces DO say "Thank you!"
Controlled Chaos 06:43 AM 05-11-2015
I do gifts because I think it is important to tech children to think about others, to give and to thank their parents for everything they do for them, thanks from the parents is a bonus.
VTMom 06:55 AM 05-11-2015
Originally Posted by Controlled Chaos:
I do gifts because I think it is important to tech children to think about others, to give and to thank their parents for everything they do for them, thanks from the parents is a bonus.

Play Care 07:00 AM 05-11-2015
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:

I know it feels a bit sad that the parents didn't thank you for helping the kids make their Mother's Day gifts but I would venture to say that the kids were thanked, hugged and kissed for the awesome gifts they gave their mothers.

I'd take comfort in the fact that the kids WERE proud and that you had fun making the gifts with them. You provided small children the ability to give something to someone they love; even though they have no job and no money to spend.

My thoughts exactly!
NightOwl 07:34 AM 05-11-2015
I would do father's day. I get thanked, I have mostly great families. I go out of my way for special days because I like doing it. I like being crafty with the kids and cruising pinterest for ideas. So even if they didn't thank me, I think I'd do it anyway.
Unregistered 07:40 AM 05-11-2015
thank you for the perspective. You guys are so right!! I guess i was just being grinchy lol.

Now...what is everyone planning for Father's day? =)
VTMom 07:48 AM 05-11-2015
I'm having the kids do a "To the Moon and Back" project on canvas for Dad's. I'll have them paint it blue, attach gold stars, glue on craft sticks to make a ladder to a paper moon, and finally a cut-out picture of the child "climbing" the ladder reaching for the moon. Thank you Pinterest!
VTMom 07:49 AM 05-11-2015

Unregistered 08:21 AM 05-11-2015
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
thank you for the perspective. You guys are so right!! I guess i was just being grinchy lol.

Now...what is everyone planning for Father's day? =)
You are not alone! I felt the same way! We did cards and flower baskets that we decorated, so it was a lot of work and a lot of cleanup, so sometimes a thank you would be great, but hopefully they at least thanked their kid! One mom texted me and said it made her day. The other texted me to tell me she found a tick on her kid. lol
MrsSteinel'sHouse 08:33 AM 05-11-2015
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:

this is what I was thinking...
Sunchimes 09:50 AM 05-11-2015
We gave each parent a basket full of things they had made over the last couple of weeks. Each parent sat down in the floor at pick up while the other kids gathered around, all of them bouncing on tiptoe with excitement (even though it wasn't even their mom) :-) Every one of them made a huge fuss over each item. Even though the thank yous weren't directed at me, they were there. The only problem is that I set the bar too high and will really have to work for Father's day. Dads are harder than moms.
Josiegirl 10:12 AM 05-11-2015
Originally Posted by Sunchimes:
We gave each parent a basket full of things they had made over the last couple of weeks. Each parent sat down in the floor at pick up while the other kids gathered around, all of them bouncing on tiptoe with excitement (even though it wasn't even their mom) :-) Every one of them made a huge fuss over each item. Even though the thank yous weren't directed at me, they were there. The only problem is that I set the bar too high and will really have to work for Father's day. Dads are harder than moms.
Awww that's adorable! The kids feel great giving something to their mom, especially if they have to guard the secret(yeh, like THAT happens hahaha!) That's why we help them make the gifts.
Josiegirl 10:13 AM 05-11-2015
VT Mom, I saw that on Pinterest, loved it!!
Anybody else know what they're doing yet?
Controlled Chaos 12:23 PM 05-11-2015
I found little bird houses at Joanne Fabrics for a dollar each. I already have paint, so they were a good deal
Reply Up