Johnson 8 7.77%
Stein 5 4.85%
Write-in vote 7 6.80%
Not Voting for President 10 9.71%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll
1 2 
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Final 2016 Daycare.com Presidential Poll
Michael 03:01 PM 10-31-2016
This is the most different and interesting election in the History of America IMO. Your vote will be anonymous and you can only vote once.
Mom2Two 03:05 PM 10-31-2016
Hey Michael, Evan McMullin is on the ticket in about eleven states. He's write-in in about 30 more. Also Darrell L. Castle.
Michael 04:33 PM 10-31-2016
Originally Posted by Mom2Two:
Hey Michael, Evan McMullin is on the ticket in about eleven states. He's write-in in about 30 more. Also Darrell L. Castle.
Does Anyone else know of these two candidates? If enough do, I will include them. Otherwise, I would vote for these two in the Write-In section.
Meeko 05:56 PM 10-31-2016
Originally Posted by Michael:
Does Anyone else know of these two candidates? If enough do, I will include them. Otherwise, I would vote for these two in the Write-In section.
Evan may win Utah
Controlled Chaos 08:28 PM 10-31-2016
Originally Posted by Meeko:
Evan may win Utah
Do you think he will Meeko? I was debating with a friend today on whether or not Evan can do it. I'm excited to watch the numbers come in. Such an interesting election...
Mom2Two 08:39 PM 10-31-2016
I'm voting for him. I've loved every interview of him I've watched. He seems to have the best motives, and an incredible background, even though it's in national security rather than political.
bklsmum 04:53 AM 11-01-2016
Hillary Clinton every day and twice on Sunday! #ImWithHer
Claraskids 05:45 AM 11-01-2016
Anyone but Clinton or Trump! As I have been telling my daughter's friends who have just turned eighteen and can vote in this election, "I am sorry that this is the best we have to offer you for your first Presidential election."
bklsmum 05:59 AM 11-01-2016
Originally Posted by Claraskids:
Anyone but Clinton or Trump! As I have been telling my daughter's friends who have just turned eighteen and can vote in this election, "I am sorry that this is the best we have to offer you for your first Presidential election."
I have a new 18 year old and she has been praying Hillary would run for years now and was thrilled to support her and work on her campaign, a ton of her friends too. The kids around here are coming out HUGE for Clinton. Some of them started with Bernie but now they are all about Hillary and very energized.
Mad_Pistachio 06:43 AM 11-01-2016
As I have been telling my daughter's friends who have just turned eighteen and can vote in this election, "I am sorry that this is the best we have to offer you for your first Presidential election."
it's my first election, too (got naturalized in June), and I was told the same thing
midaycare 06:56 AM 11-01-2016
Originally Posted by bklsmum:
I have a new 18 year old and she has been praying Hillary would run for years now and was thrilled to support her and work on her campaign, a ton of her friends too. The kids around here are coming out HUGE for Clinton. Some of them started with Bernie but now they are all about Hillary and very energized.
I'm not excited for either candidate, just stating some differences over here in MI...we have gone democratic for the past several elections, and no one around here will even talk about Clinton. No signs, nothing. That's highly unusual. There have always been thousands of democratic signs and bumper stickers around our area. There are some Trump, but not much. The kids around here (and we do have several colleges) want nothing to do with Hillary. But I'm guessing she wins.
Mad_Pistachio 07:01 AM 11-01-2016
Originally Posted by midaycare:
I'm not excited for either candidate, just stating some differences over here in MI...we have gone democratic for the past several elections, and no one around here will even talk about Clinton. No signs, nothing. That's highly unusual. There have always been thousands of democratic signs and bumper stickers around our area. There are some Trump, but not much. The kids around here (and we do have several colleges) want nothing to do with Hillary. But I'm guessing she wins.
I live in a republican state, but the city is leaning democratic. my husband has commented over the summer that this is the most silent presidential election he has ever seen: normally, the signs for both candidates were all over the city - cars, front lawns, even some windows. at this point, a week before election, I have enough fingers to count the signs I've seen. one of my neighbors put the sign for Trump and was forced to take it down a day later: neighborhood rules, no advertising. this is the weirdest election, for sure.
lovemykidstoo 07:05 AM 11-01-2016
Originally Posted by Mad_Pistachio:
I live in a republican state, but the city is leaning democratic. my husband has commented over the summer that this is the most silent presidential election he has ever seen: normally, the signs for both candidates were all over the city - cars, front lawns, even some windows. at this point, a week before election, I have enough fingers to count the signs I've seen. one of my neighbors put the sign for Trump and was forced to take it down a day later: neighborhood rules, no advertising. this is the weirdest election, for sure.
I thought the same thing. I have counted maybe 10 signs total. Usually they're everywhere. I mean really out of all the people in the US, these are the best 2 we could come up with? Very sad.
Controlled Chaos 07:11 AM 11-01-2016
I am a huge fan too My grandma passed away the year she ran against Obama. I was so glad she got a chance to vote for her even in a primary. Grandma was a huge feminist and very active in the democratic party
Blackcat31 07:38 AM 11-01-2016

bklsmum 08:35 AM 11-01-2016
Funny. I remain much more bothered by what Trump has said AND done than what Hillary has allegedly done with no proof what-so-ever. To each their own I suppose.
bklsmum 08:36 AM 11-01-2016
Originally Posted by Controlled Chaos:
I am a huge fan too My grandma passed away the year she ran against Obama. I was so glad she got a chance to vote for her even in a primary. Grandma was a huge feminist and very active in the democratic party
It's so amazing! I love how she has been wearing white for the suffragettes !
Blackcat31 08:42 AM 11-01-2016
Funny. I remain much more bothered by what Trump has said AND done than what Hillary has allegedly done with no proof what-so-ever. To each their own I suppose.
"When Bill Clinton was president, he allowed Hillary to assume authority over a health care reform. She couldn’t even get a vote in a Democratic controlled Congress. Her fiasco cost the American taxpayers about $13 million in cost for studies, promotion, and other efforts.

Then President Clinton gave Hillary authority over selecting a female attorney general. Her first two selections were Zoe Baird and Kimba Wood. Both were forced to withdraw their names from consideration.

Next she chose Janet Reno. Some may not remember that Reno made the decision to gas David Koresh and the Branch Davidian religious sect in Waco, Texas, resulting in dozens of deaths of women and children. Even Bill Clinton later described the selection of Reno as “my worst mistake.”

Next, Bill allowed Hillary to make recommendations for the head of the Civil Rights Commission. Lani Guanier was her selection. When a little probing led to the discovery of Guanier’s radical views, her name had to be withdrawn from consideration.

Apparently a slow learner, Bill then let Hillary make some more recommendations. She chose former law partners Web Hubbel for the Justice Department, Vince Foster for the White House staff, and William Kennedy for the Treasury Department. Her selections went well: Hubbel went to prison, Foster (supposedly) committed suicide, and Kennedy was forced to resign.

Many younger voters have no knowledge of “Travelgate.” Hillary wanted to award unfettered travel contracts to Clinton friend Harry Thompson, but the White House Travel Office refused to comply. Hillary managed to have the Travel Office staff reported to the FBI and fired. This ruined their reputations, cost them their jobs, and caused a 36-month investigation. Only one employee, Billy Dale, was charged with a crime, of mixing personal and White House funds. A jury acquitted him in less than two hours.

Still not convinced of her ineptness, Bill next allowed Hillary to recommend a close Clinton friend, Craig Livingstone, for the position of Director of White House Security. When Livingstone was investigated for the improper access of about 900 FBI files of Clinton enemies (Filegate) and the widespread use of drugs by White House staff, Hillary and Bill suddenly denied even knowing Livingstone and of drug use in the White House. Following this debacle, the FBI closed its White House Liaison Office after more than 30 years of service to 7 presidents.

Next, when women started coming forward with allegations of sexual harassment and rape by Bill Clinton, Hillary was put in charge of the “bimbo eruption” and scandal defense. Some of her more notable decisions in the debacle were:
Hillary urged her husband not to settle the Paula Jones lawsuit. After the Starr investigation, they settled with Ms. Jones.

Hillary refused to release the Whitewater documents, which led to the appointment of Ken Starr as Special Prosecutor. After $80 million dollars of taxpayer money was spent, Starr’s investigation led to Monica Lewinsky, which led to Bill lying about and later admitting his affairs. Hillary’s devious game plan resulted in Bill losing his license to practice law for lying under oath to a grand jury and then his subsequent impeachment by the House of Representatives.

Hillary avoided indictment for perjury and obstruction of justice during the Starr investigation by repeating, “I do not recall,” “I have no recollection,” and “I don’t know” a total of 56 times while under oath.

After leaving the White House, Hillary was forced to return an estimated $200,000 in White House furniture, china, and artwork that she had stolen."

SOURCE
bklsmum 08:49 AM 11-01-2016
LMAO!!! I do so love lists like that so much innuendo and out of context-ness and twisted facts. The woman who has been investigated more than the JFK assassination, Watergate and 9-11 put together and yet has never even been charged with anything much less indicted...she is either the SMARTEST criminal genius ever or "there's no there, there", either way, she has my vote!

If anyone is interested in some FACTS about Hillary here is a cut and paste I wrote months ago and keep on my desktop...
I am voting for Hillary Clinton because she has been politically active since she was a middle schooler. I am voting for her because she has taken leadership roles since high school. I am voting for her because she went to college a Republican like her parents and left a Democrat because she didn't just accept what was fed to her but instead went out and found her own truth and then dedicated her life to it. I am voting for Hillary Clinton because after MLK was assassinated she organized a protest on her college campus that led to a change in fair hiring practices there. I am voting for Hillary Clinton because she spent her college and law school summers doing things like working with migrant workers and registering Latinos to vote in Texas. I am voting for Hillary Clinton because after law school she went to work for the Children's Defense fund instead of a big law firm. I am voting for Hillary Clinton because she went undercover in the deep south to expose private schools who were still practicing segregation. I am voting for Hillary Clinton because when she sat on the board at Walmart she was, according to Sam Walton, a "thorn in his side when it came to women and worker's rights". I am voting for Hillary Clinton because while sitting on many boards and working as a lawyer when her husband was Governor of Arkansas she ALSO championed a preschool program that has since spread to 26 states and fought for juvenile justice reform in the south as well as many other things like that. I am voting for Hillary Clinton because as FLOTUS she championed healthcare and programs for women and children and pushed for recognition of Gulf War Syndrome when everyone else was ignoring it. I am voting for Hillary Clinton because she went to China and declared women's rights were human rights. I am voting for Hillary Clinton because as a Senator she never stopped fighting for equal pay. I am voting for Hillary Clinton because as a Senator she fought for healthcare for 9-11 1st responders. I am voting for Hillary Clinton because as a Senator she took it to Wall St and the banks before the crash. I am voting for Hillary Clinton because after a hard loss to Obama in 2008 she stood behind him solidly and worked tirelessly to promote his agenda around the world. I am voting for Hillary Clinton because as SOS she extended full benefits to same sex partners of US diplomats. I am voting for Hillary Clinton because as SOS she stood on the floor of the UN and gave the first speech on global LGBT rights and pushed for a UN commission to address their issues. I am voting for Hillary Clinton because as SOS she brokered a cease fire between Israel and Hamas that lasted nearly a year and put in place the sanctions that brought Iran to the table for the nuclear deal. I am voting for Hillary Clinton because her family foundation has raised and spent billions of dollars to try and make things better here and around the world. I am voting for Hillary Clinton because she has been a tireless voice for the voiceless for almost 50 years when she didn't have to be. She has devoted her life to public service and she has done it while facing some of the most vicious vitriol ever seen in our political arena. She has been investigated more than any other person in our country and has never been found to have done anything criminal and STILL people call her crooked with no basis what-so-ever and instead of turning tail and running to bask in some cushy life she continues to serve. Mother. Lawyer. First Lady. Senator. Secretary of State. I am voting for Hillary Clinton because she is the most qualified and accomplished human being that we have ever had run for President of the United States. I am voting for her and I am doing everything I can to make sure everyone else does too!
Blackcat31 08:56 AM 11-01-2016
LMAO!!! I do so love lists like that so much innuendo and out of context-ness and twisted facts. The woman who has been investigated more than the JFK assassination, Watergate and 9-11 put together and yet has never even been charged with anything much less indicted...she is either the SMARTEST criminal genius ever or "there's no there, there", either way, she has my vote!

If anyone is interested in some FACTS about Hillary here is a cut and paste I wrote months ago and keep on my desktop...
I am voting for Hillary Clinton because she has been politically active since she was a middle schooler. I am voting for her because she has taken leadership roles since high school. I am voting for her because she went to college a Republican like her parents and left a Democrat because she didn't just accept what was fed to her but instead went out and found her own truth and then dedicated her life to it. I am voting for Hillary Clinton because after MLK was assassinated she organized a protest on her college campus that led to a change in fair hiring practices there. I am voting for Hillary Clinton because she spent her college and law school summers doing things like working with migrant workers and registering Latinos to vote in Texas. I am voting for Hillary Clinton because after law school she went to work for the Children's Defense fund instead of a big law firm. I am voting for Hillary Clinton because she went undercover in the deep south to expose private schools who were still practicing segregation. I am voting for Hillary Clinton because when she sat on the board at Walmart she was, according to Sam Walton, a "thorn in his side when it came to women and worker's rights". I am voting for Hillary Clinton because while sitting on many boards and working as a lawyer when her husband was Governor of Arkansas she ALSO championed a preschool program that has since spread to 26 states and fought for juvenile justice reform in the south as well as many other things like that. I am voting for Hillary Clinton because as FLOTUS she championed healthcare and programs for women and children and pushed for recognition of Gulf War Syndrome when everyone else was ignoring it. I am voting for Hillary Clinton because she went to China and declared women's rights were human rights. I am voting for Hillary Clinton because as a Senator she never stopped fighting for equal pay. I am voting for Hillary Clinton because as a Senator she fought for healthcare for 9-11 1st responders. I am voting for Hillary Clinton because as a Senator she took it to Wall St and the banks before the crash. I am voting for Hillary Clinton because after a hard loss to Obama in 2008 she stood behind him solidly and worked tirelessly to promote his agenda around the world. I am voting for Hillary Clinton because as SOS she extended full benefits to same sex partners of US diplomats. I am voting for Hillary Clinton because as SOS she stood on the floor of the UN and gave the first speech on global LGBT rights and pushed for a UN commission to address their issues. I am voting for Hillary Clinton because as SOS she brokered a cease fire between Israel and Hamas that lasted nearly a year and put in place the sanctions that brought Iran to the table for the nuclear deal. I am voting for Hillary Clinton because her family foundation has raised and spent billions of dollars to try and make things better here and around the world. I am voting for Hillary Clinton because she has been a tireless voice for the voiceless for almost 50 years when she didn't have to be. She has devoted her life to public service and she has done it while facing some of the most vicious vitriol ever seen in our political arena. She has been investigated more than any other person in our country and has never been found to have done anything criminal and STILL people call her crooked with no basis what-so-ever and instead of turning tail and running to bask in some cushy life she continues to serve. Mother. Lawyer. First Lady. Senator. Secretary of State. I am voting for Hillary Clinton because she is the most qualified and accomplished human being that we have ever had run for President of the United States. I am voting for her and I am doing everything I can to make sure everyone else does too!
Honestly I posted in reply to you because you quoted me.
I was hesitant to post at all as I really don't care to engage in a back and forth about who is and who isn't factual.

I have personal feelings about who I am voting for and why....just as I assume you do.

The facts I posted are true and factual to those that believe they are.

The facts you posted are true and factual to those that believe they are.

I am not out to convince you of anything, nor will I be swayed or convinced of anything different than I believe by your posts.

Again, to each his/her own.
Everyone gets a vote.
Cat Herder 09:19 AM 11-01-2016
My entire town is covered with these signs:
Attached: hillary for prison.jpg (86.9 KB) hillary for prison2.jpg (56.7 KB) 
daycarediva 09:36 AM 11-01-2016
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Same.

I was voting for Bernie. After the leaks about the democratic party essentially screwing him for the election, I have researched and decided to vote for Trump. I am typically a conservative anyway.

They DID find significant evidence, the FBI chose not to charge her. BIG difference, IMHO.

My typically liberal town is covered in Hillary for Prison and Trump/pence signs.
mommyneedsadayoff 09:42 AM 11-01-2016
This may be wrong, but I sort of look at it from the perspective of the government being my business and I am a shareholder who funds it. The current and past behavior of the people who run the day to day of the"business" have been wrong and against the original core principles of the "business" when it was started. It has gotten out of hand and my employees are now employing me in a way. I want control back. I don't want someone who has been a part of the "old business model" and that would include Clinton. I generally vote Libertarian and while my impression of Johnson has been less than enthusiastic, I will most likely vote libertarian on all levels. I am very excited to vote for a local Libertarian in my state, but i am hoping there will be more options in future elections for the party.
laundrymom 09:48 AM 11-01-2016
I already voted.
I couldn't stand "her" the first time she lived in the White House and my opinion of her has only gone down from there.
I'm a woman who supports Trump.
Michael 10:53 AM 11-01-2016
Isn't it interesting that the two people that take the time and money to run this forum think the same?

I'M WITH HER! = BLACKCAT31
lovemykidstoo 02:29 PM 11-01-2016
I've had it up to my eyeballs with crooked Clintons.

Trump/Pence 2016
Josiegirl 02:48 PM 11-01-2016
I loathe the way this whole campaign has gone down. It has been the most bitter, loud-mouthed, ridiculous mix of she did-he did that I've ever seen. I wouldn't want to live in any other country but I'm afraid we have become the laughing stock of the world, due to the public circus this whole campaign has put on. The whole thing stinks and I'm not voting for either of them.
midaycare 03:02 PM 11-01-2016
I find it worrisome that anyone is excited about either of these candidates. That anyone will defend either of them. Blech. They are both two 70 something, insanely wealthy and out of touch, egotistical bullies who wouldn't understand how to run a proper government if someone hit them over the head with the information.

We need to go back to how it was in the beginning - when government was a volunteer position and unpaid. That would get rid of much of the corrupt lifers.

FWIW, I'm voting Trump. I keep up with the issues and COME ON. She's a crook. Trump is something else, too, but I wouldn't be able to look myself in the mirror if I voted for her. Anyone who claims Clinton is some kind of saint... I mean, really. And I'm not pro Trump.

If Clinton is the first woman in office (as my inner Austin Powers voice goes, "that's a man, baby!") I weep for women.
bklsmum 03:50 PM 11-01-2016
I find it worrisome that anyone is excited about either of these candidates. That anyone will defend either of them. Blech. They are both two 70 something, insanely wealthy and out of touch, egotistical bullies who wouldn't understand how to run a proper government if someone hit them over the head with the information.

We need to go back to how it was in the beginning - when government was a volunteer position and unpaid. That would get rid of much of the corrupt lifers.

FWIW, I'm voting Trump. I keep up with the issues and COME ON. She's a crook. Trump is something else, too, but I wouldn't be able to look myself in the mirror if I voted for her. Anyone who claims Clinton is some kind of saint... I mean, really. And I'm not pro Trump.

If Clinton is the first woman in office (as my inner Austin Powers voice goes, "that's a man, baby!") I weep for women.
When was our government ever a volunteer position that was unpaid?

ETA: And not for nothing but Hillary just turned 69 last week so she's not a 70 something anything and the something else that Trump is, is a sexual predator.
Claraskids 03:56 PM 11-01-2016
Originally Posted by lovemykidstoo:
I thought the same thing. I have counted maybe 10 signs total. Usually they're everywhere. I mean really out of all the people in the US, these are the best 2 we could come up with? Very sad.
There are political signs for miles around here - but none for president. I guess that tells you how apathetic this area is towards either Trump or Clinton. Either that or too scared to admit that they like one over the other.
midaycare 05:01 PM 11-01-2016
When was our government ever a volunteer position that was unpaid?

ETA: And not for nothing but Hillary just turned 69 last week so she's not a 70 something anything and the something else that Trump is, is a sexual predator.
Maybe not unpaid per se, but being in Congress wasn't a primary job. Congressmen had their primary jobs (mostly farmers), and then also worked in Congress. It was considered a hardship to be in Congress. The pay wasn't great, and certainly nothing they could live on.

I don't condone anything Trump has done. Still, he comes from a different era and I can at least understand him. My mother worked in Chicago during the male chauvinist heyday and it wasn't unusual for a man to grab her behind, make a pass at her, grab her boob, whatever. Happened all the time. She's Trump's age. She defends Trump and says he is just "of that era". Eh, I don't know.

The Clintons are kind of like the Kennedys. Things happen and no one ever gets busted.
Mom2Two 05:44 PM 11-01-2016
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
My entire town is covered with these signs:
"Hillary for Prison"

Oh, that is hilarious!
nanglgrl 08:15 PM 11-01-2016
I have no idea who I'm voting for or even if I'm voting for president this election. The one thing I know for sure is that I won't be voting for Clinton. I've always been a democrat but no more. I had hoped Bernie would have pulled through but sadly that was never the plan.
CityGarden 09:36 PM 11-01-2016
I think it is important that everyone who can vote, do vote. There are local measures too if nothing else.
sahm1225 10:31 PM 11-01-2016
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
I loathe the way this whole campaign has gone down. It has been the most bitter, loud-mouthed, ridiculous mix of she did-he did that I've ever seen. I wouldn't want to live in any other country but I'm afraid we have become the laughing stock of the world, due to the public circus this whole campaign has put on. The whole thing stinks and I'm not voting for either of them.
Watching the debates made me feel like I was listening to 2-3 year olds argue! I kept expecting one of them to quote pee we Herman 'I know you are but what am
I?!'
Go
Annalee 04:43 AM 11-02-2016
I have shared this quote with everyone I know.
Snowmom 06:14 AM 11-02-2016
I just want a do-over. Can we vote for that?
Second Home 06:14 AM 11-02-2016
I truly feel like this election is the lesser of 2 evils .

I believe -
Many politicians lie , only some get called out on it.

Many politicians use private servers , only some get called out on it.

I believe many politicians engage in the locker room talk , only some get called out on it.
MyAngels 06:43 AM 11-02-2016
Originally Posted by Snowmom:
I just want a do-over. Can we vote for that?

Attached: enhanced-buzz-19868-1445454762-5.jpg (74.2 KB) 
spedmommy4 07:04 AM 11-02-2016
I am not either. I voted third party for the first time in my adult life.

I live in Oregon and was here when Obama was elected last time. There were a lot of signs in support of him; I'm not seeing any this election. That speaks volumes.
lovemydaycare0912 10:05 AM 11-02-2016
Definitely not Trump. And honestly it scares me that people believe he should be our next president. The things he has said and done haunt me. I'm scared for America and what it will become honestly no matter who becomes President.
Blackcat31 10:09 AM 11-02-2016
Originally Posted by spedmommy4:

I live in Oregon and was here when Obama was elected last time. There were a lot of signs in support of him; I'm not seeing any this election. That speaks volumes.
Why would there be any signs supporting Obama?
He's not running in this election?
lovemydaycare0912 10:15 AM 11-02-2016
I think she means any signs supporting any candidate for this election.
midaycare 10:18 AM 11-02-2016
Originally Posted by lovemydaycare0912:
I read it that way, too. Just general election stuff out and about.
Blackcat31 10:18 AM 11-02-2016
Originally Posted by lovemydaycare0912:
I figured she meant it differently than it read; hence the need for clarification.
Pestle 12:53 PM 11-02-2016
My religious tradition discourages voting for the presidency, and I am digging that position. Color me anarchist for this cycle.
Attached: 2016.jpg (13.0 KB) 
Mad_Pistachio 05:41 PM 11-02-2016
There are political signs for miles around here - but none for president. I guess that tells you how apathetic this area is towards either Trump or Clinton. Either that or too scared to admit that they like one over the other.
I've seen one small hand-made sign for Johnson. Someone really wanted to put his name out there
CityGarden 05:49 PM 11-02-2016
I'm with her.
Attached: imwithher.jpg (32.7 KB) 
Unregistered 08:33 PM 11-02-2016
How is this the most interesting, Michael? Just curious when last time we had a woman and an African American man competing for the democratic nom. We had history with either the first AA president (which we did) or the first woman VP (which we didn't). This is really most interesting? :/
Country Kids 09:14 PM 11-02-2016
Originally Posted by spedmommy4:

Our votes don't even count in Oregon from what I have always heard. Usually the winner is announced before our votes are counted which I have never understood. Shouldn't each last vote be counted before the winner is announced?
spedmommy4 10:35 PM 11-02-2016
That didn't read the way I intended. I meant, lots of political signs for our democratic state when he ran.

I'm not seeing an abundance of Hilary lawn signs this election.
Michael 11:34 PM 11-02-2016
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
How is this the most interesting, Michael? Just curious when last time we had a woman and an African American man competing for the democratic nom. We had history with either the first AA president (which we did) or the first woman VP (which we didn't). This is really most interesting? :/
I was writing a thorough reply for the last 30 minutes with a ton of links and history. Completely letting AI know everything about my political leanings and my browser froze and I lost all of it. I will take that as an omen.
BumbleBee 04:04 AM 11-03-2016
I'm more interested in the elections at the local and state level.

That being said, I will most likely vote for Johnson because I can't bring myself to vote for Clinton or Trump. Though there is the option to not vote for president at all but I'm not sure I will feel good about that either.

In any case I will be glad when this election is over.
mommyneedsadayoff 08:51 AM 11-03-2016
I voted yesterday and it is so nice to have it all almost over with! I feel like I am watching a soap opera, but I would be lying if I said I wasnt curious about what may happen to HC with the investigation. She could be taking her oath in handcuffs
nannyde 05:22 PM 11-03-2016
No signs in Podunkia either. I'm surprised.
Leigh 06:05 PM 11-03-2016
Originally Posted by mommyneedsadayoff:
I voted yesterday and it is so nice to have it all almost over with! I feel like I am watching a soap opera, but I would be lying if I said I wasnt curious about what may happen to HC with the investigation. She could be taking her oath in handcuffs
What investigation? I don't really follow news/politics, but I was under the impression that HRC had been cleared of wrongdoing in 5 separate investigations-I'm not aware of any other open investigation.
mommyneedsadayoff 06:56 PM 11-03-2016
Originally Posted by Leigh:
What investigation? I don't really follow news/politics, but I was under the impression that HRC had been cleared of wrongdoing in 5 separate investigations-I'm not aware of any other open investigation.
Really? Its been all over the news. They re-opened the investigation bc of emails on the computer that Anthony Weiner shared with his wife, Huma, Clinton's chair person. It's been a big deal in the political world.
Michael 08:01 PM 11-03-2016
Originally Posted by Leigh:
I'll post two articles that lean right and left but give you a picture of what's going on.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...bb4_story.html

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...utm_medium=RSS
Cat Herder 11:08 AM 11-04-2016
My paper made reference to this bus (blue) being followed by that bus (yellow) at every event. I am pretty sure it is figurative but I would go to that rally if it were literal.
Attached: hillary bus.jpg (19.6 KB) weinermobile.jpg (15.6 KB) 
Blackcat31 11:16 AM 11-04-2016
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
My paper made reference to this bus (blue) being followed by that bus (yellow) at every event. I am pretty sure it is figurative but I would go to that rally if it were literal.
I find it ironic that another Clinton is having weiner issues

sorry......I couldn't leave that one alone.
midaycare 11:47 AM 11-04-2016

Bwah hahahahaha! I'm so using that joke tonight
Controlled Chaos 12:09 PM 11-04-2016
Originally Posted by Pestle:
My religious tradition discourages voting for the presidency, and I am digging that position. Color me anarchist for this cycle.
oooooh I love me some Battlestar Galactica

two weeks ago at church I was handed a "Voters Guide for Serious Catholics" I was pissed. Turns out it isn't approved literature, and the ushers just passed out what was handed to them, but it made me super angry to have someone question the seriousness of my faith. The guide didn't talk about taking care of the poor, healthcare for the sick, education for children...it was all about overturning gay marriage. When the Pope says "Who am I to judge" it would be nice if everyone else could get off their high judgemental horses and work on being kind. I even wrote a ranting letter to the editor of the Intermountain Catholic because I'm an old grumpy lady and apparently I write letters to the editor now...

Can't wait for my election night party.
Foods going to be delicious and hilarious.
Boymom 12:31 PM 11-04-2016

I almost busted out laughing during nap time hahaha!
That's hilarious!
Blackcat31 12:44 PM 11-04-2016
There are 8 levels of control that must be obtained before you are able to create a social state.

The first is the most important.

1) Healthcare — Control healthcare and you control the people
2) Poverty — Increase the Poverty level as high as possible, poor people are easier to control and will not fight back if you are providing everything for them to live.
3) Debt — Increase the debt to an unsustainable level. That way you are able to increase taxes, and this will produce more poverty.
4) Gun Control — Remove the ability to defend themselves from the Government. That way you are able to create a police state.
5) Welfare — Take control of every aspect of their lives (Food, Housing, and Income).
6) Education — Take control of what people read and listen to — take control of what children learn in school.
7) Religion — Remove the belief in the God from the Government and schools.
8) Class Warfare — Divide the people into the wealthy and the poor. This will cause more discontent and it will be easier to take (Tax) the wealthy with the support of the poor.

Hmmmm, sounds very much like someone's political platform/stance.

...just something interesting I read recently....
midaycare 07:56 PM 11-04-2016
Speaking of political stuff, I just found out Mike Pence will be near me tomorrow. A friend and I are taking our sons to show them the political process. I usually can't go to these types of things because they are on a Thursday at 11:00 am or some other such craziness.
Controlled Chaos 09:59 PM 11-05-2016
Speaking of political stuff, I just found out Mike Pence will be near me tomorrow. A friend and I are taking our sons to show them the political process. I usually can't go to these types of things because they are on a Thursday at 11:00 am or some other such craziness.
Jealous. Regardless of political leanings, I think seeing history being made (seeing potential presidents and Vice Presidents) is pretty cool!
Michael 01:58 AM 11-06-2016
I'm surprised that our poll is so close. Did anyone vote early?
Ariana 05:34 AM 11-06-2016
As a Canadian I am absolutely gobsmacked that anyone would vote for Trump.
Controlled Chaos 08:51 AM 11-06-2016
Originally Posted by Ariana:
Points for using "Gobsmacked"

I completely understand traditional Republican views. I am definitely more liberal and socialist leaning but I get limited government and I get states rights. I really do. I am not anti gun. I am religious.

BUT I don't get voting for someone who throws tantrums, assaults women, and if you think the assault claims are false - there are multiple videos of him speaking about women in a derogatory way, he is dangerous for people of color and the LGBT community. He makes fun of the disabled. I'm glad my special needs nephew is too young to watch TV yet. He hates the press, and has threatened them. Freedom of the press should be as sacred as the 2nd Amendment to someone who's supposed to "love" the constitution. Yea, I also just can't get my head around him. How many people can come crash on your couch if this election goes bad?
Blackcat31 10:42 AM 11-06-2016
I'm equally gobsmacked that anyone would vote for Clinton.

As a woman, as a United States citizen and as a human being.
midaycare 11:09 AM 11-06-2016
I just prefer someone who has not been a politician. I mean, come on, is the status quo really working that well? Is one politician that different from another one? I'm ready for "fresh blood".

Trump may say outrageous things, but hellllo...Bill Clinton. What, exactly, is the difference? And I don't believe Hillary is the best embodiment of women when she stood for that crap.

To each his own. I just feel pointing fingers at Trump when Mr. Bill has such, ahem, interesting bedside manners, is a little weird.

Did anyone read the book by that secret service guy? He said Hillary Clinton was the worst to work for. Very interesting and I did not find political bias. She treated the secret service awful.
Annalee 01:23 PM 11-06-2016
I just prefer someone who has not been a politician. I mean, come on, is the status quo really working that well? Is one politician that different from another one? I'm ready for "fresh blood".

Trump may say outrageous things, but hellllo...Bill Clinton. What, exactly, is the difference? And I don't believe Hillary is the best embodiment of women when she stood for that crap.

To each his own. I just feel pointing fingers at Trump when Mr. Bill has such, ahem, interesting bedside manners, is a little weird.

Did anyone read the book by that secret service guy? He said Hillary Clinton was the worst to work for. Very interesting and I did not find political bias. She treated the secret service awful.
I haven't read any books about Clinton ( although I do follow the news)but one of my cousin's did read a book and he told me she was so bad he didn't even want to talk about her views on "a perfect world" and " how to have a perfect world".....he said her views on families and children, in general, were.......well, I won't use his description of HER nor her views
momofsix 01:39 PM 11-06-2016
Originally Posted by Meeko:
Evan may win Utah
I just can't trust Hilary at all, and I feel the Clintons had their time already and didn't do a whole lot of good.
Trump scares me-seriously, I personally know more than a few people that have been harassed since he's made public racist comments "0k" to be spoken out loud. And these people have mentioned "when trump is pres...".so no, we were not assuming where they got the "courage" to say such hateful things.
I'll be writing Evan in here in MI. If it weren't for him, I think the only thing I could do that would be ok with my conscious would be to skip the presidential and only vote state/local
Either way, no matter who wins, I'm thankful that I believe there's a God that's got the ultimate power!
Michael 02:44 PM 11-06-2016
I've watched Trump since the 70s from living in NYC and Palm Beach. He is acting very differently then I ever seen him in the past. My reasoning why he is doing this, is in the way America gets its information and how we are socially invested in the internet.

He knows America is heavily divided into possibly 5 voting groups. He, as a marketer and visible brand, appears to be morphing into what many of these groups find interesting. There is no doubt he is captivating the public, whether for the right reasons or not.

One thing I know for sure, there is no way a normal politician would have ever had a chance to beat Hillary. If Trump wins on Tuesday, all the rules and pundits are going right out the window. If Hillary wins, all the rules work just fine (for the status quo). Change will not be coming anytime soon.
Ariana 04:06 PM 11-06-2016

Bill isn't running for president....
mommyneedsadayoff 04:36 PM 11-06-2016
Bill isn't running for president....
But he IS the husband of HIllary and just as people question why Melania can defend Trump, people question how Hillary could defend the same behavior from Bill. And before people say that the behavior is not the same, you have to realize that what Bill did in Offcice is no different than what Trump SAID he could do as a wealthy, powerful man. "When you are a star, they let you do it." Well, Bill was President and Monica was a 20 something intern. The same thing, except we have proof Bill actually did it, versus just saying he did.

These are the reasons I think people are voting for Trump:

1. Policy- It is nothing new for people to compromise on character of the candidate versus a policy platform they agree with and that benefits them more.

2. Anti-establishment- Both Bernie and Trump hit the nail on the head. They have different policies, but they both campaigned against the political elite (Clintons). They both had thousands showing up for their rallies and they hit the nerve of the people. They said the system is rigged and our government is controlled by special interest. If Bernie had won the nominee (which, according to wikileaks, he never had a chance bc of some shady stuff), I think we would be seeing a far different election.

3. People don't like her and don't trust her. People ask all the time, "How could Trump be doing so well??? This should have been a blowout!" I think that should tell us something. She has done something that no one has been able to do for decades! She is so unappealing to voters that she made Donald Trump, DONALD TRUMP(!), appealing as a Presidential candidate! (Mind blown!)

Anyway, just my two cents and as someone who always votes third party, this election has done exactly what we hoped for. It has shown our country that we need more options and cannot settle for this cr@p any longer!
Blackcat31 07:01 AM 11-07-2016
I've watched Trump since the 70s from living in NYC and Palm Beach. He is acting very differently then I ever seen him in the past. My reasoning why he is doing this, is in the way America gets its information and how we are socially invested in the internet.

He knows America is heavily divided into possibly 5 voting groups. He, as a marketer and visible brand, appears to be morphing into what many of these groups find interesting. There is no doubt he is captivating the public, whether for the right reasons or not.

One thing I know for sure, there is no way a normal politician would have ever had a chance to beat Hillary. If Trump wins on Tuesday, all the rules and pundits are going right out the window. If Hillary wins, all the rules work just fine (for the status quo). Change will not be coming anytime soon.
I seem to remember A LOT of people voting for hope and change 8 years ago.

Now I am just HOPING FOR A CHANGE.
MyAngels 09:06 AM 11-07-2016

So basically he says whatever he thinks the person/group in front of him wants to hear. That makes him the quintessential politician IMO.

I think that what is missing in the majority of our politicians and in the political system itself is integrity. Everyone is in it to further their own end, and to heck with what is best for the country as a whole or the American people. A good example of that is Aaron Schock. It took him somewhere around 5 years in office at the federal level to get into hot water. No one knows (yet) exactly what he did, but he didn't resign because everything was on the up and up.
It's so disheartening to think that our system is so far gone and I fear that there's no fixing it. I don't think I'm alone in this feeling, either.
Blackcat31 09:19 AM 11-07-2016
http://yellowhammernews.com/politics...s-decide-vote/

It's not about Clinton vs Trump.

It's really about the supreme court...
daycarediva 09:28 AM 11-07-2016
There are 8 levels of control that must be obtained before you are able to create a social state.

The first is the most important.

1) Healthcare — Control healthcare and you control the people
2) Poverty — Increase the Poverty level as high as possible, poor people are easier to control and will not fight back if you are providing everything for them to live.
3) Debt — Increase the debt to an unsustainable level. That way you are able to increase taxes, and this will produce more poverty.
4) Gun Control — Remove the ability to defend themselves from the Government. That way you are able to create a police state.
5) Welfare — Take control of every aspect of their lives (Food, Housing, and Income).
6) Education — Take control of what people read and listen to — take control of what children learn in school.
7) Religion — Remove the belief in the God from the Government and schools.
8) Class Warfare — Divide the people into the wealthy and the poor. This will cause more discontent and it will be easier to take (Tax) the wealthy with the support of the poor.

Hmmmm, sounds very much like someone's political platform/stance.

...just something interesting I read recently....

so scary!

I wonder if Hillary will be forced to return everything she stole from the White House if she wins?
bklsmum 09:32 AM 11-07-2016
http://yellowhammernews.com/politics...s-decide-vote/

It's not about Clinton vs Trump.

It's really about the supreme court...
The Supreme Court is a VERY big issue this time! Civil rights are a HUGE reason I am Democrat and VERY gladly voting for Hillary!
Controlled Chaos 10:20 AM 11-07-2016
The Supreme Court is a VERY big issue this time! Civil rights are a HUGE reason I am Democrat and VERY gladly voting for Hillary!
👍I can't imagine the marriages of my friends being invalidated by a conservative court. Some of the. We're together over 20 years before winning the right to marry, taking that away would be so incredibly cruel.

I am not pro abortion, but I also can't imagine going back to a time when women died from illegal abortions. The idea that a doctor and a patient couldn't make a that decision together. That my sister (an OB) could be forced with the choice of breaking the law or saving a woman's life...
daycarediva 10:33 AM 11-07-2016
👍I can't imagine the marriages of my friends being invalidated by a conservative court. Some of the. We're together over 20 years before winning the right to marry, taking that away would be so incredibly cruel.

I am not pro abortion, but I also can't imagine going back to a time when women died from illegal abortions. The idea that a doctor and a patient couldn't make a that decision together. That my sister (an OB) could be forced with the choice of breaking the law or saving a woman's life...
I cannot see anyone reasonably taking away abortion if the woman's life is in danger

I WOULD like to see partial birth abortion banned for ANY reason. At the point a child is viable outside the womb, just have a c-section or induce labor if the mother's life is at risk.
MotherNature 11:14 AM 11-07-2016
My husband & I happily cast our votes for Hillary this morning. Hopefully she wins.
Blackcat31 11:24 AM 11-07-2016
As a provider, I can't cast my vote for someone that wants to change the definition of child CARE to child education.

QRIS WILL become mandatory for all.

Most will be left providing care to infants and toddlers only and that's only if their areas aren't provided with increased funding for Early Head Start/Head Start. A program that has already been deemed a HUGE financial failure..

https://www.hillaryclinton.com/issue...ood-education/
EntropyControlSpecialist 12:05 PM 11-07-2016
This. This a thousand times. We are an interracial family and ALL of us support Trump. We're a conservative Christian family and are pro-life, for starters...
We choose Trump because of the "team" that comes with him and his platform. This election will effect us for the next ~30 years. That's huge.

I'm struggling with some serious anxiety if Clinton is elected. Praying through it...
EntropyControlSpecialist 12:06 PM 11-07-2016
As a provider, I can't cast my vote for someone that wants to change the definition of child CARE to child education.

QRIS WILL become mandatory for all.

Most will be left providing care to infants and toddlers only and that's only if their areas aren't provided with increased funding for Early Head Start/Head Start. A program that has already been deemed a HUGE financial failure..

https://www.hillaryclinton.com/issue...ood-education/
Hoping I can stick with my chosen career. I do think she will be elected.
EntropyControlSpecialist 12:13 PM 11-07-2016
I'm surprised that our poll is so close. Did anyone vote early?
I did. Took my preschooler with me and she was fascinated. Good learning experience.
Trump here.
Cat Herder 12:41 PM 11-07-2016
I voted early.

I am surprised at the number of people who are not voting.
bklsmum 12:48 PM 11-07-2016
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
I cannot see anyone reasonably taking away abortion if the woman's life is in danger

I WOULD like to see partial birth abortion banned for ANY reason. At the point a child is viable outside the womb, just have a c-section or induce labor if the mother's life is at risk.
Partial birth abortion has been banned since 2008.
Blackcat31 01:07 PM 11-07-2016
Partial birth abortion has been banned since 2008.
"The gruesome practice of partial-birth abortion has been illegal in this country for nine years–ever since the U.S. Supreme Court upheld the Federal Partial-Birth Abortion Ban Act.

Sadly, Democratic Presidential nominee Hillary Clinton continues to stand by her vote against the law".

http://www.lifenews.com/2016/10/24/h...rth-abortions/

http://www.lifenews.com/2016/10/19/h...uldnt-step-in/
Unregistered 01:25 PM 11-07-2016
I'm registered, but can't sign in on my phone for some silly reason.
Michael 01:41 PM 11-07-2016
Originally Posted by EntropyControlSpecialist:
This election will effect us for the next ~30 years. That's huge.
You mean "Yuge"

Both of the major two candidates can been seen as being selfish in their past. What matters most, once a president has been selected, is whether that person can be benevolent in empathizing with the people of America and the world.

What I worry about is a "benevolent dictatorship" (wikipedia) and both may have the tendency to be attracted to this: A benevolent dictatorship is a theoretical form of government in which an authoritarian leader exercises absolute political power over the state but does so for the benefit of the population as a whole. A benevolent dictator may allow for some economic liberalization or democratic decision-making to exist, such as through public referenda or elected representatives with limited power. It might be seen as a republican form of enlightened despotism.
Josiegirl 02:20 PM 11-07-2016
Hey, Trump pulled ahead on your poll Michael!! Ok, who rigged the voting??
Michael 02:27 PM 11-07-2016
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
Hey, Trump pulled ahead on your poll Michael!! Ok, who rigged the voting??
It's pretty solid. There are always ways to skew any poll. With ours, you must be a member and you can't use different devices or log out and back in in order to vote again.

The system also doesn't allow similar IP or email registrations.

I'd give it a +2 or -2

What makes it more interesting is that this is a mostly woman vote poll. Remember, our 2012 poll had Romney winning and we know how that played out.
Josiegirl 02:34 PM 11-07-2016
Michael, I didn't think it had really been rigged! I was trying to make a joke off Trump's statements about elections being rigged. My sense of humor has been lacking lately, what can I say.

And you know, this poll has been eye-opening, if nothing else. I've learned a lot about both candidates.
Controlled Chaos 03:18 PM 11-07-2016
"The gruesome practice of partial-birth abortion has been illegal in this country for nine years–ever since the U.S. Supreme Court upheld the Federal Partial-Birth Abortion Ban Act.

Sadly, Democratic Presidential nominee Hillary Clinton continues to stand by her vote against the law".

http://www.lifenews.com/2016/10/24/h...rth-abortions/

http://www.lifenews.com/2016/10/19/h...uldnt-step-in/
Many are against the ban as sometimes procedures where the fetus has already died or won't survive outside the womb (like major organs haven't developed) fall under "partial birth abortions". The term was coined by pro life groups and is not a medical term.

Here are two interesting articles. I used to be adamantly anti late term abortion, and then I learned more about when and why they happen.
http://www.npr.org/2006/02/21/516816...fact-from-spin

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b02444efa3f33a
midaycare 04:52 PM 11-07-2016
Many are against the ban as sometimes procedures where the fetus has already died or won't survive outside the womb (like major organs haven't developed) fall under "partial birth abortions". The term was coined by pro life groups and is not a medical term.

Here are two interesting articles. I used to be adamantly anti late term abortion, and then I learned more about when and why they happen.
http://www.npr.org/2006/02/21/516816...fact-from-spin

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b02444efa3f33a
I would say most people and doctors recognize when an abortion procedure needs to be done in emergency situations.

I find it odd that some people try so hard to have babies, and others abort them like it's nothing. And some people have babies early and rack up millions of dollars in bills to keep babies alive, while others abort them at the same week of age.

I will never understand abortion and therefore just can't support it ---unless it's a medical necessity. But I won't judge people that do it. I can't imagine, though. Looking at my child each day, caring for children each day ... who can work in this profession and not be pro life?
284878 08:13 PM 11-07-2016
I would say most people and doctors recognize when an abortion procedure needs to be done in emergency situations.

I find it odd that some people try so hard to have babies, and others abort them like it's nothing. And some people have babies early and rack up millions of dollars in bills to keep babies alive, while others abort them at the same week of age.

I will never understand abortion and therefore just can't support it ---unless it's a medical necessity. But I won't judge people that do it. I can't imagine, though. Looking at my child each day, caring for children each day ... who can work in this profession and not be pro life?
I agree
Silly Songs 09:12 PM 11-07-2016
I think some of the people who chose "not voting" may not be able to vote. ( not citizen, didn't register in time, etc )
Tags:election, election 2016, president
1 2 
Reply Up