Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>No Card Or Gift From DCP..How Does It Make You Feel?
Soccermom 04:52 PM 01-02-2014
Just wondering how you all honestly feel when a DCP doesn't offer you a card or small gift at Christmas.

I know a lot of people are not in a position to spend tons of money on their DP for Christmas but no card...no homemade little ornament from the kids?

If I am being honest with myself, it bothers me. I feel very underappreciated. I like to think that I am an important part of their child's life and Christmas is such a wonderful, if not the only, time that we get a little acknowledgement or a thank you for what we do all year long.

A handwritten card with kind words in it makes me want to continue doing what I do. No appreciation makes me want to throw in the towel. KWIM?
sally 04:58 PM 01-02-2014
I gave my dcks a small gift, each a coloring book and crayons, and 1 of the dc families got my kids a nice story book to read to them. But nothing from the others.
TwinKristi 04:58 PM 01-02-2014
One of my 3 didn't do anything which kinda made me a little but whatever. The other 2 did and I appreciate it.
melonieb 05:03 PM 01-02-2014
I gave all my DCKs small things, but rec'd nothing. Not even a merry Christmas or happy holidays. I wasn't really expecting anything since I only have been open 6 months. Oh well, better luck next year
Stepping 05:04 PM 01-02-2014
Originally Posted by Soccermom:
Just wondering how you all honestly feel when a DCP doesn't offer you a card or small gift at Christmas.

I know a lot of people are not in a position to spend tons of money on their DP for Christmas but no card...no homemade little ornament from the kids?

If I am being honest with myself, it bothers me. I feel very underappreciated. I like to think that I am an important part of their child's life and Christmas is such a wonderful, if not the only, time that we get a little acknowledgement or a thank you for what we do all year long.

A handwritten card with kind words in it makes me want to continue doing what I do. No appreciation makes me want to throw in the towel. KWIM?
I had two families that did that this year! I would have appreciated a small note or card to say thanks. I think they either can't be bothered to make the effort or they just don't think about it.

I got some lovely cards and gifts off the other families so I'm trying not to dwell on the reasons why these parents chose to do nothing
craftymissbeth 05:06 PM 01-02-2014
No one gave me anything... but I honestly don't care. A little bit of appreciation for helping raise their children would be nice, but really they aren't my friends so it's ok that they didn't think of me.
MCC 05:54 PM 01-02-2014
I got a very nice gift from 5 out of 6 of my families ($100 cash from all, $200 from the one with siblings). The 6th family gave me nothing, no card, not even a Merry Christmas. I honestly was shocked. I do know that I am very lucky to have been given those generous gifts from the rest, but it really isn't sitting right with me that this one family didn't. They are also by far my most difficult family, and kid. DCM is also the sister of another DCM that gave me $100, so that blew my mind even more. Oh well, I've decided to move on and get over it, but it did feel kinda crappy.
cheerfuldom 05:56 PM 01-02-2014
I got one small gift from one family, one nicer gift from another family. These are both new families so I was not expecting anything at all this year. The one family I have worked with for 2 years did not even say Merry Christmas. No surprise that they are also the most difficult to work with. Last year I had several families that I had worked with for years and they each gave me a full weeks pay as a bonus!
sharlan 06:11 PM 01-02-2014
I have one mom who has never given me anything. It doesn't faze me at all.
Scout 06:16 PM 01-02-2014
In all honesty, I don't care. Times are tough and my families are half songle parents. One gave me a bonus in their check(I cried because of the awesome texts we were sendong back and forth about how she is so thankful she found me) and another got me a little throw. I did not expect anything so I was blown away. I will add that when my kids went to someone's home while I worked I only got her a gift our first year. Money was way too tight after that. I don't think she minded either. I just go with the flow. I rarely have problems from my families so I think of that as a gift!
Unregistered 06:30 PM 01-02-2014
Here is what hurts my feelings.

When you bust your rear to raise these children (many times WE are the ones raising them when we're doing 10/12/14 hr days)

and you can't even get a handwritten card from the kid from the parent as a thank you. Or a simple ornament ($1 at the dollar store), or even a "Thank you for everything you do" or a "Merry Christmas" I'm worth THAT little when I get paid practically nothing to keep your child, your flesh and blood, your entire life, safe and happy? Seriously, saying Merry Christmas to someone you know celebrates (especially if you ALSO celebrate) costs....

NOTHING! Not a darn thing. So why on Earth would you "forget" to say it to a person who is this important in your life?
Lucy 06:48 PM 01-02-2014
$25 gift card from one of my 3 families, which was AWESOME in my view!! That's all I would want. More than I would want, actually. She had a beautiful little card where she wrote how much she appreciates everything I do for them.

The other 2 families? Who have been with me for 9 Christmases for one, and 3 Christmases for the other and KNOW that I give gifts from me, and have the kids make a gift from them, AND gave me a gift the last several years?? Nothing.

As the OP said, if I'm being honest with myself, yes it does bother me. Hurts my feelings I guess is the way to describe it. Makes me wonder what their inner dialogue was regarding whether or not to give me something. They had received their gifts from me and from the kids on Monday the 23rd, so even if they forgot, they could've run out and gotten something.

And I'm not greedy. It' not the gift itself or even the dollar value of it. It's the message it sends. Even a pretty card with a note of gratitude would've been just fine to me.

itlw8 07:30 PM 01-02-2014
not this year it surprised me not even the cookies I usually get from one family. She did remember I wanted apple salsa from Aldi and when she saw it she picked it up. Plus two of the moms wrote letters for me that were over the top. I am sure they helped me win that award AND no one complained when I took off to get it for 3 days...

Money is tight for all my families right now I still feel appreciated.
Lucy 07:43 PM 01-02-2014
I guess my disappointment/hurt feelings or whatever come from the fact that if it were reversed, I would definitely give my Provider at least something small and a short note. Just a few words.

My mom goes to an Alzheimer's Day Center 2-3 times per week. When you break it down, it's pretty much like what goes on in a preschool as far as the crafts and activities, occasional field trips, games, mind stimulating games, things like that. Anyway, the 2 ladies that are the directors are so awesome. They really show that they enjoy what they're doing, genuinely like the "participants" as they call them, and are just good at coming up with their monthly calendar of events and such. Anyway, I bought each of them a mug with a little ornament and some of those Ferrero Rochet (sp?) candies. On the little gift card I wrote, "Thank you for all you do. Mom and I really appreciate you!!"

So I guess what I'm saying is that the perspective each of us has on this subject comes from what WE would do in the parents' position. That's how I see it anyway!
nanglgrl 07:55 PM 01-02-2014
All but one of my families gave me gifts including gift cards to my favorite stores, candles, fuzzy socks and wonderful cards. I would be happy with just cards from every family as long as they wrote something from the heart inside. I wouldn't even care if it was a recycled card that had names crossed out or a homemade card but the one family can't even say merry Christmas or thanks. They knew I got gifts from every parent but them, they've been with me the longest and since I'm in school mom is always saying things like "You better keep doing daycare because X is staying with you until he doesn't need daycare anymore"..I won't even finish my BA for another 1 1/2 years at the least (going part time) at which point her child will be in kindergarten and I don't watch school agers. I seriously think she thinks I will make an exception for her child. Anyway, it's THAT family. The one that sends their child sick, pushes every button and tries to bend every policy. I think they think of my paid days off around Christmas as my gift. It burns a little but I kind of expect it from them because that's just who they are, if one of my really sweet, awesome dcp didn't get me a card I would probably be sad.
TwinKristi 08:28 PM 01-02-2014
My other 2 gifts were very nice, a gc to a spa a half hour away for $150 and $60 to another local spa. Last year I got $100 cash only so it's a step up! The other mom is kinda ditzy so who knows.
MarinaVanessa 11:00 PM 01-02-2014
Originally Posted by craftymissbeth:
No one gave me anything... but I honestly don't care. A little bit of appreciation for helping raise their children would be nice, but really they aren't my friends so it's ok that they didn't think of me.
I'm the same way. I feel appreciated every day because my current families show up on time, pay on time, follow my policies and don't try to sneak their sick LO's into daycare. That's appreciation enough for me and I get that year round.

If I had families that didn't do one or several of the above well then ... I wouldn't expect them to appreciate me on Christmas anyway .
Meyou 11:06 PM 01-02-2014
My only issue was with the Mom who picked up late on the last day, accepted my card, baked goods and bag full of ornaments her son made for her all week, thanked me (sort of) and then stammered she'd be right back with my gift from the car.....right before driving away. The next time I saw her was yesterday...two weeks later. She dropped, barely spoke and then ran. At dropoff she gave me a couple of new, unwrapped toys "for the kids" "Merry Christmas!" while her 7 year old chased her from the car yelling, "Why are you taking our new stuff to Miss's house?"

My issue is with the big song and dance. Don't ACT like you care when you don't, you know? Just own it...I don't care. Don't steal crap you want out of your house from your children and then act like you made a big donation to my daycare. That's just stupid.
Cradle2crayons 03:04 AM 01-03-2014
Things were very tight financially for our family also for Christmas and I only spent about $50 total for the family of 3 and then monogrammed their stuff. I didn't get anything from mom except she did text me a thanks when the kids opened the presents at home.

For my special dcg family, I knew mom could only afford two presents per child from her so I bought them a few extra wrapped things for mom to out under the tree in Christmas Day. Let me insert here, a couple special members here helped this family also. You know who you are (big smile). Their mama was SO appreciative for everything. And even though she couldn't afford to get me anything physical, she wrote me a heartfelt letter and gave it to me on the 23rd when she picked up the baby because ky had just been released that day from being inpatient the week before. Her letter made me cry.

I'm like you guys, no presents are needed but a thank you goes a long way. I get thank you texts every week from special dcg. Constantly she will text me how much she appreciates me and loves mean d it makes my heart feel so good.
melilley 04:57 AM 01-03-2014
All but one of my families gave me a card and/or gift. The one that didn't, the dcm did thank me for the homemade ornament that I made for them, but not even a thanks to me for the care I provide. It doesn't bother me because I know this family has financial problems, but a thank you would be nice..and it's free.
Brooksie 06:23 AM 01-03-2014
Most of my families aren't in the best financial situation. I get a paid holiday break from the 24th-the 2nd. I do not expect a holiday gift. I did have on family bring a box of crayons and Christmas coloring book in a little gift bag "for everyone" and I thought that was sweet. Sure it wasn't for me, but it was the thought that was nice, even though I don't expect anything.
Blackcat31 06:33 AM 01-03-2014
Originally Posted by Meyou:
My only issue was with the Mom who picked up late on the last day, accepted my card, baked goods and bag full of ornaments her son made for her all week, thanked me (sort of) and then stammered she'd be right back with my gift from the car.....right before driving away. The next time I saw her was yesterday...two weeks later. She dropped, barely spoke and then ran. At dropoff she gave me a couple of new, unwrapped toys "for the kids" "Merry Christmas!" while her 7 year old chased her from the car yelling, "Why are you taking our new stuff to Miss's house?"

My issue is with the big song and dance. Don't ACT like you care when you don't, you know? Just own it...I don't care. Don't steal crap you want out of your house from your children and then act like you made a big donation to my daycare. That's just stupid.
THIS scenario is always the saddest story.

I've had it happen to me too. A DCM I went waaaaaay out of my way to help out, discounted rates, bent policies etc (and of course had the toughest kid in care) said she had a Christmas gift for me but had forgotten it in the table at home but would have her DH run it by later.

Of course, I never ever received anything from them and didn't hear another word spoke about it either.

I ended up terming them about 3 months later (NOT because of the gift thing) and it took everything in me NOT to say something to her on her last day at pick up just so I KNEW she knew I remembered her behavior.

I didn't say anything to her though.

Like Miss Beth and MV, I would rather have parents that SHOW their appreciation to me ALL year long by adhering to my policies and being respectful verses getting a Christmas gift, where half the time it seems like the BEST gifts come from the worst families....almost like they are trying to make up for their behavior the rest of the year.
Cat Herder 07:08 AM 01-03-2014
IMHO, This seems to have started happening in the last few years. It is hallmark Entitlement Generation (as the media have dubbed them) it seems

I am expected to decorate, have the kids make heirloom crafts, teach holiday themes such as being thoughtful of others, buy the kids gifts, throw a huge party, take/share photos, etc. but the parents feel taken advantage of because they must pay their tuition. "I paid my bill, that is Thanks enough."

I received two 4x6 photos of daycare kids I spend 50+ hours a week with and take approximately 1500 photos a year of (no handwritten notes included with photo gifts) and an opened bag of animal crackers to serve with morning snack (straight to garbage, of course It would be unlawful to serve.)

Luckily I was able to deduct the $480 I spent celebrating the Holidays with their kids this year or I'd feel pretty bitter about it (all have been here 3-5 years, now).

** Back in the day I'd get a thoughtful cup of hot seasonal flavored coffee from their commute in to start my day, a box of chocolates to share during storytime, a heartfelt handwritten note that I kept in my bureau for times I was lacking motivation or a sweet ornament handpicked by their child for me (often hysterically inappropriate that made it epic to me ) ... Used to bring a tear to my eye. I miss those days, kindness is a lost art.
Sunchimes 07:11 AM 01-03-2014
This is my 3rd Christmas with one family. Never a gift or a Merry Christmas (unless I say it first). In order to teach the dcg about giving, each year we make small clay ornaments for each cousin and grandparent. Never a comment or thank you from Mom. DCG loves it and gets so excited when we are wrapping them and putting on tags. She takes so much care in choosing paper and tags-even when she was just 2. I don't even expect anything from dcm anymore. (This is the family with an ECI child-the one I spend so much time with each day, doing his various therapies.) But, as many have said, she pays on time and picks up on time, so I'm good. And I really like her-she's a good mom and a good client now.

This year, she was standing there when my other dcm gave me a turkey at Thanksgiving, and again when she gave me a card at Christmas. She apparently never even thought that maybe it would be a nice gesture.

I've had 6 families in 3 years and until this year, had only received 1 gift the 1st year. My newest dcm (another ECI child) gave me the turkey at Thanksgiving and a lovely card with 1 days pay and a really nice note, with an apology that it couldn't be more and a really nice verbal thank you. I know what a sacrifice that extra day pay was for them, which made it mean as much to me as a weeks pay. But the card--I put it in my desk drawer so that I can pull it out on the days when I'm tired and frustrated. But wait, there's more. She texted me on Christmas night to say that she wasn't bringing the baby the next day to give me an extra day off, since he was my only kid that day. Then, she did the same thing again on Friday. So, basically, she gave me a days pay and 2 paid days off.

I'm ok with it now. I have really good families and the other 11 months of the year, they are treasures. The first year, I didn't know to expect anything and was surprised with the gift. Oh, that was the year that I had 3 families. One gave me a gift, the others didn't pay me until after Christmas. I hadn't found this forum and had no backbone (I didn't know it was allowed). Both families had hard luck stories about how their jobs had messed up their paychecks and they weren't going to get paid the rest until the next pay cycle, which was, conveniently, after the first of the year. I couldn't risk losing them (kids are hard to come by here), so we just had a sparse Christmas here. That wouldn't happen now. For one thing, everyone pre-pays now.
Meyou 07:11 AM 01-03-2014
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
THIS scenario is always the saddest story.

I've had it happen to me too. A DCM I went waaaaaay out of my way to help out, discounted rates, bent policies etc (and of course had the toughest kid in care) said she had a Christmas gift for me but had forgotten it in the table at home but would have her DH run it by later.

Of course, I never ever received anything from them and didn't hear another word spoke about it either.

I ended up terming them about 3 months later (NOT because of the gift thing) and it took everything in me NOT to say something to her on her last day at pick up just so I KNEW she knew I remembered her behavior.

I didn't say anything to her though.

Like Miss Beth and MV, I would rather have parents that SHOW their appreciation to me ALL year long by adhering to my policies and being respectful verses getting a Christmas gift, where half the time it seems like the BEST gifts come from the worst families....almost like they are trying to make up for their behavior the rest of the year.
I'm more irritated that I now have to witness her awkwardness until it runs it's course. She forgot about me, lied and then didn't care enough to follow through with her lie. That's on her, not me. I didn't expect a gift in the first place although a token "Happy Holidays!" would have been nice. None of the rest was necessary, all of it was drama.

The bottom line is I don't make ornaments for the parents, I do it because the kids love to make them and I love their joy. I bake because I love to bake (although I will admit I love the "OMG YOUR COOKIES ARE SO GOOD! I'M HIDING IN THE CLOSET FROM THE KIDS EATING THEM ALL!!!!" texts ). I give out cards because I think it's polite. All of those things are about making ME happy on the holidays not about making parents feel guilty or bad. She will just have to deal with her own conscious and live with it.
DaisyMamma 07:17 AM 01-03-2014
I use to expect it and was always disappointed.
This year I didn't expect anything. Instead I closed for two weeks - paid!

One family gave me nothing and even tried to get away with not paying for their vacation time until after they returned. I didn't allow it. They had to wire me $ from Europe.
The other families gave me token gifts.
MarinaVanessa 01:55 PM 01-03-2014
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
I am expected to decorate, have the kids make heirloom crafts, teach holiday themes such as being thoughtful of others, buy the kids gifts, throw a huge party, take/share photos, etc. but the parents feel taken advantage of because they must pay their tuition. "I paid my bill, that is Thanks enough."
This year I tried something different. We made some Winter/Christmas art and crafts and instead of sending them home I hung on to them and decorated my house with them. I still have them up. Several families asked for their child's craft and art projects and I just said "Oh, I worked really hard on them with the kids. I'm going to hang on to them until sometime in January" I got a bunch of looks.

Next week we start our new winter theme and so we have more projects to work on and THAT's when I'll send last months Christmas theme projects home. I work hard on planning, preparing, shopping, cutting, setting up, and working on the projects ... I want to enjoy them too . I already know that most of them will end up in the trash anyway so we might as well enjoy them while we can .

In 2012 I had some families COMPLAIN that I was sending home too much stuff so I completely STOPPED sending anything home. In 2013 they COMPLAINED that they weren't getting enough.
Cat Herder 02:10 PM 01-03-2014
Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa:
This year I tried something different. We made some Winter/Christmas art and crafts and instead of sending them home I hung on to them and decorated my house with them. I still have them up. Several families asked for their child's craft and art projects and I just said "Oh, I worked really hard on them with the kids. I'm going to hang on to them until sometime in January" I got a bunch of looks.

Next week we start our new winter theme and so we have more projects to work on and THAT's when I'll send last months Christmas theme projects home. I work hard on planning, preparing, shopping, cutting, setting up, and working on the projects ... I want to enjoy them too . I already know that most of them will end up in the trash anyway so we might as well enjoy them while we can .

In 2012 I had some families COMPLAIN that I was sending home too much stuff so I completely STOPPED sending anything home. In 2013 they COMPLAINED that they weren't getting enough.
Brilliant!!!!

We can't win for losing it seems...
cara041083 02:56 PM 01-03-2014
I don't mind it at all! I don't give out gifts. I have enough to buy for as it is with my own. I do go to birthday parties because my kids are young and always get invited, so I tend to get a nice birthday gift in exchange for not giving anything for Christmas.
Laurel 05:29 PM 01-03-2014
For the first years I was doing child care I guess I got spoiled by the parents giving me gifts. Then for a few years a new group didn't. Well maybe one out of the group would. I'll be honest. It made me feel unappreciated. I don't need a gift but a nice card was plenty. It really is the thought that counts and there didn't seem to be many thoughts. I always gave their children really nice gifts in the $15-$20 range as a 'thank you' for doing business. Same thing for birthdays.

This year I got one week's pay from one mom and a $50 gift card for my birthday. The other mom gave me a houseplant that was gorgeous but mostly she gave me the best hug ever telling me how much I meant to her family. I don't even tell parents when my birthday is. I asked her how she even knew and she said she asked me a long time ago. I don't remember that. I absolutely don't feel bad about birthdays.

Laurel
Kabob 05:51 PM 01-03-2014
This is my first year doing childcare so I wasn't sure what to expect. I got a mixed bag with families on opposite extremes. One family gave me nothing (not even an acknowledgement of the holidays) and then at 10pm on Christmas Eve asked for "free" days for the first week they came back because they wanted to extend their vacation.

Then another family made me a gift and a card with a gift card in it. They also gave a present to my son.

In the middle was a family that made cards for everyone.

I felt happy with all of the gifts (well except for the late Christmas Eve request that was denied) and frankly was just happy to end the year with families in my daycare. I actually don't like receiving gifts because I feel so awkward about it for some reason. I'd rather just have the gratitude in words and actions. I did try to meet everyone midway with cookies and stockings that the kids made here.
sahm1225 08:23 PM 01-03-2014
My husband asked me almost the same question (does it bother you when you don't get a gift).

I received gifts from every family (even former families that came to our holiday party and my drop-in only family) except one. The family that didn't give a gift didn't say merry Christmas or anything! But they are the family that pays on time, keeps sick child home, keeps child home when they are off work, and say 'thank you' every day at drop off and pick up. I'm beginning to wonder if they go out of their way to celebrate the holidays with our daycare when they don't even celebrate at home?

I was so grateful for all the gifts and the beautiful handwritten notes. I have been very blessed with amazing families. My feelings would be hurt if everything I do wasn't acknowledged with at least a few cards or notes. I know we shouldn't expect things, but I can't help it.
lovepink 09:10 PM 01-03-2014
I had this day care child for 2 years. her parents never give a gift. IT DRIVES me CRAZY. The first year I went OVER Board with my daycare children and dcp. I worked from 6am-11:45 pm (2shifts) . Christmas 2013 I just got dcp a card and candy. My daycare child got the usual but Im not spending anything extra on those parents EVER!
Happily_wed 06:46 AM 01-04-2014
It would bother me to get absolutely nothing. I have had three families so far since I've been doing daycare. Each gave me a gift at Christmas. My current family has been with me during Christmas for the last four years. Three years I got nice gifts that I could really use and one year something that I am still not sure what to do with

I am a giver and I give the kids a little something for every holiday. Nothing expensive or fancy but a little bag of things for Easter, Valentine's Day, Halloween. I buy a nice gift for Christmas and their birthday. We also do a lot of crafts. I decorate with the crafts and then send them home after the holiday like someone else mentioned.

I have never gotten a thank you from daycare mom. Dad says thank you, I appreciate what you do for us, etc. all the time. But mom...never.
Evansmom 07:08 AM 01-04-2014
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
IMHO, This seems to have started happening in the last few years. It is hallmark Entitlement Generation (as the media have dubbed them) it seems o
I agree Cat Herder. 20 years ago when I started in the child care business I would get cash bonuses from DCPs. It was awesome especially bc at that time I was making minimum wage ($5.25 an hour way back then!). All the parents gave cash and collectively some years I would end up with hundreds of dollars. One year I got $300 dollars which more than paid for my daughter's Christmas. I also got sweet heartfelt cards that just made me glow. Parents would write a little note on how they loved the care their child got, how much the child was learning etc. I held onto those cards for years.

I don't care about the cash although it does ease the fact that at least for me this isn't a very profitable business since I work with small groups. But it really is the thought that counts. And all the little kindnesses we do, day in and day out, for their children and their families really deserve a sincere thank you.

The ingratitude is one big reason I closed my daycare a few months ago. I would consider opening again someday. But boy I sure have learned to be selective when it comes to families I hire.
Laurel 07:17 AM 01-04-2014
Originally Posted by sahm1225:
My husband asked me almost the same question (does it bother you when you don't get a gift).

I received gifts from every family (even former families that came to our holiday party and my drop-in only family) except one. The family that didn't give a gift didn't say merry Christmas or anything! But they are the family that pays on time, keeps sick child home, keeps child home when they are off work, and say 'thank you' every day at drop off and pick up. I'm beginning to wonder if they go out of their way to celebrate the holidays with our daycare when they don't even celebrate at home?

I was so grateful for all the gifts and the beautiful handwritten notes. I have been very blessed with amazing families. My feelings would be hurt if everything I do wasn't acknowledged with at least a few cards or notes. I know we shouldn't expect things, but I can't help it.
Right, I sometimes feel like I should be able to help it but can't seem to. We are only human after all.

Laurel
melilley 07:35 AM 01-04-2014
Originally Posted by sahm1225:
I know we shouldn't expect things, but I can't help it.
At least a thank you would be nice! My one family that didn't get me anything always complains to me about money issues so I totally understand, but a simple Thank You wold have been nice! I bend over backwards for this dcm and her shenanigans, which makes it even more irritating.
sammyj 01:31 PM 01-04-2014
I dont mind not recieveing gifts from dcp but what bothers me is I give them a gift and none of them even acknowledge the gift after they take it home and see what it is and to top it all off most of them dont pay on time. The best gift and show of appreciation and respect I can get from parents is to be paid on time, have their children in dc on time and picked up on time. Basically follow the contract they signed. BTW I did get two gifts.
Maria2013 01:43 PM 01-04-2014
all I really want from parents is: respect for my rules (me my house) on time payments, drop off and pick up...
renodeb 01:19 PM 01-07-2014
Good post soccer mom,
To be really honest it does bother me when I dont even get a thoughtful card. I just want to fell appreciated. I don't ever expect gifts from the dc parents maybe just a nice card with a note thanks on it. This year my dc parents where very thoughtful/generous. The nicest gift I got this year was a 100 dollar check. It wasnt even so much the actual money but the that they thought that much of me. I almost cried when I opened it. And that mom is on maternity leave to and still thought to give me that.
To be honest I would rather get a nice card of thanks than something that looks like they just ran out and grabbed the first thing off the shelf.
That family that gave the 100 dollars was very unexpected but I felt like this when I opened it:
The first year I was in business I gave the parents a gift and the kids but it just got to be to much. I have the kids (or help the kids) make a little something with there hand/footprint on it. This year it was mittens with there handprints on them and I made them into an ornament for there tree. I also did a little brown bag scrapbook with cute pictures of there kid taken through out the year. Each one thanked me for that. I sort of feel like I give all year long and don't need to give a gift at xmas on top of that. (Im not stingy just feel that way). I understand that a lot of people cant afford to give at xmas time and Im really fine with that but I really love to just be thanked.
I know exactly what you mean soccermom!
Reply Up