Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>I have a little one
mia 08:13 AM 11-10-2014
Good morning ladies....

I have a almost 3 year old boy in my care who is in tears today and has been before over constipation he gets these streak marks and that's it,, he says there are more poo's in there but nothing is coming out....

Any ideas how to get him FAST relief,,, the poor guy is breaking my heart with all the tears and screams... and I would hate for him to go through the fear of not going at in the future (for that would just make thing worse on him).

I have given him grapes and lots of water... was wondering if there may be something else I can give him that would help, but is also allowed to be given for he is not my own child....
Controlled Chaos 08:17 AM 11-10-2014
I give my daughter a mix of white grape and prune juice. She calls it her magic juice
Cradle2crayons 08:29 AM 11-10-2014
Originally Posted by mia:
Good morning ladies....

I have a almost 3 year old boy in my care who is in tears today and has been before over constipation he gets these streak marks and that's it,, he says there are more poo's in there but nothing is coming out....

Any ideas how to get him FAST relief,,, the poor guy is breaking my heart with all the tears and screams... and I would hate for him to go through the fear of not going at in the future (for that would just make thing worse on him).

I have given him grapes and lots of water... was wondering if there may be something else I can give him that would help, but is also allowed to be given for he is not my own child....
I'd call mom or dad and have them deal with the issue. I wouldn't give him anything without letting hem know first. If he's that uncomfortable they need to pick him up and take care of it at home.
Unregistered 08:33 AM 11-10-2014
I have used warm apple juice with my own children. They usually see relief in about 10-15 min. Something about warming it up makes things flow.
Leigh 09:05 AM 11-10-2014
The only thing that works fast with my little foster son who deals with chronic constipation is the liquid gylcerin suppositories from Pedialax (the solid ones won't work for him). Enemas can help, too. I wouldn't, as a provider, do either of these, but I would suggest to Mom that she come pick him up and take care of it if he is in pain.
Unregistered 09:41 AM 11-10-2014
I had two children from one family and both struggled with constipation. I limited cheese & bananas, as well as "white foods" like potatoes and bread.
And I kept prunes on hand, both the pitted whole prunes and the infant puree (when they were babies), and fed them those daily at a.m. snack in addition to whatever else we were having.
Sugar Magnolia 10:08 AM 11-10-2014
Originally Posted by Cradle2crayons:
I'd call mom or dad and have them deal with the issue. I wouldn't give him anything without letting hem know first. If he's that uncomfortable they need to pick him up and take care of it at home.
This!
mia 10:15 AM 11-10-2014
Thank you all.... I would still like to hear more ideas....

I ended up doing a smoothie:

about 1 1/2 - 2 cups blueberries,
1 celery stick,
1 med apple,
about 1/2 tsp cinnamon,
2 small greek yogurt cups,
about 1/4 cup(not even that much) apple cider vinegar,
about 2 cups water

it wasn't bad... he drank 2 sippy cups
taylorw1210 11:35 AM 11-10-2014
I wish I had some answers for you. I have a little girl who's struggled with pooping issues for a very long time. Mom has had her at the Dr.'s multiple times trying to get answers, and she has gotten no medical explanation. She ends up supplementing with miralax and benefiber on a sem-regular basis, and the poor girl has had to be sent home many times either for being too upset about needing to poop or pooping all over because the miralax and benefiber finally kicked in.
Reply Up