Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Do You Have Cameras Or Security Alarm? Had To Call The Police Today
LovetheSun 01:14 PM 02-22-2017
We had someone on drugs in front of our house who was acting hysterically, most of the parents did not have much concerns for it but one families is very worried and is asking a lot of questions regarding our security.

We do not have cameras or alarms since we leave in a very safe area.

Do most of you have security system or cameras?
Blackcat31 01:28 PM 02-22-2017
Originally Posted by LovetheSun:
We had someone on drugs in front of our house who was acting hysterically, most of the parents did not have much concerns for it but one families is very worried and is asking a lot of questions regarding our security.

I have multiple cameras around my property. Both inside and out.

I also have an alarm that lets me know the second someone opens my gate. We are completely fenced in.

How scary for you guys though! Hope everyone is okay!
daycare 01:51 PM 02-22-2017
I too have all of these things, but these parents have to get over it. As much as we want to go through to take every effort in protecting these children, unless you are going to bubble wrap them they are going to be exposed to unsafe things a times throughout their lives.

YOu are a brilliant woman, who made the right quick decision to call the PD. They should be so thankful they have you protecting their child. While alarms and security cameras are helpful, it still takes a person to make the decision to call for help or not.

I am so sorry you went through this. Sadly with all that is going on in the world right now, I think we are going to see a huge increase in crime. I am in a very well to do area and we are having home invasions for the first time in the history of the city. I don't want to make this about politics, so I won't go there, but so happy to hear you are all ok.
LysesKids 03:41 PM 02-22-2017
Originally Posted by LovetheSun:

I do have alarms on my windows & doors because I'm a single woman living here; it is a safe neighborhood, but my past haunts me... I also the ring system set up (the doorbell & 2 additional cameras). Believe me I know when someone is within 10 feet of either deck... no chance to open the gate on the stairs before I see who it is. That said all my families know my neighbors watch out for me & the babies too
AmyKidsCo 08:10 PM 02-22-2017
I live in a nice neighborhood and don't have any signs out front advertising that I'm a daycare. I don't have cameras or security system, but I do lock my doors during the day. Our street is very safe so I don't feel the need for more.
LovetheSun 08:17 PM 02-22-2017
Thank you! I will definitely install some cameras and security system. We don't have any signs outside too and we have hight fences but with what happened today we would feel more at peace.

I posted an update in "OFF TOPIC/SENSITIVE" since I didn't feel too comfortable posting it here in case the parents snoops since they were extreme in their response to what happened today.

It was so draining and tiring. But I also feel much empathy for this man who was outside so lost.
DaveA 03:50 AM 02-23-2017
I don't have a security system other than door locks. One thing I did do was talk with local PD/ Fire/EMS to make sure they know I run a home daycare. The GPS maps in our subdivision are wrong:rolleyes, so they made sure they had the correct address so if something did come up they didn't end up in the wrong place.
Second Home 06:47 AM 02-23-2017
No alarms or extra security systems , that is what my dogs are for . I did have one of those remote doorbells that trigger when someone enters the driveway but it kept going off for no reason so I disconnected it .
MsLisa 07:03 AM 02-23-2017
Every family I Nanny for has camera's on their front and back door with a mini screen inside, even if they live in nice rural areas. They always warn me, then show me how to set it and I will say it's nice to have in this day and age. People are crazy stupid.

I personally don't have one but I also have a loud mean beagle who is just as good. lol.
Reply Up