Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>What Am I Doing Wrong
mia 12:27 PM 05-22-2015
Hello Ladies
It's been a while since I have been on here. I've been busy trying to get more clients and remodeling the daycare space... Hope everyone has been have great days.....

The thing is what am I doing wrong. I have had one long term client, but I have not had any one else since August last year. I have put out lots of ads all worded differently all put on at different times and months still nothing. The persons that have contacted me are scouts and frauds. I have just redone the whole daycare space ( new floors, new paint, new bathroom, etc ) still no contacts.

Any ideas on how to get possible clients interested. I have never had this problem before for getting clients ( I would put ad up and with in a few days or week I'd have 2 or more clients wanting the spots ).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
daycare 12:28 PM 05-22-2015
where are you advertising at ??
AmyKidsCo 12:56 PM 05-22-2015
IMO everyone needs a website. It's the digital age and most of our clients are millennialists who grew up with the internet and search online for everything first. Having a FB page will help too, especially if you can get friends and family to share your posts and get your name out there more.
crazydaycarelady 01:51 PM 05-22-2015
How long have you been in business? I get all of my clients though word of mouth.

Some ideas though:
~ offer a free day or week or cetain amount off of tuition to current clients if they refer someone to you who signs up.
~ for sure get a fb page and invite all friends/family and clients to like it. On it put tons of pictures of things you do with the kids, maybe your menu, when you have FP visits, how they went, etc. I can send you a ink to mine if you are interested.
~ Buy some books and put a "Donated by" with your business card taped over on the covers with clear tape. Drop them off at pediatricians offices, OB offices, and pediatric dentists.
~ craigslist
~ school hand-out. Contact them first and see if it is allowed.
284878 08:51 AM 05-24-2015
Originally Posted by crazydaycarelady:
How long have you been in business? I get all of my clients though word of mouth.

Some ideas though:
~ offer a free day or week or cetain amount off of tuition to current clients if they refer someone to you who signs up.
~ for sure get a fb page and invite all friends/family and clients to like it. On it put tons of pictures of things you do with the kids, maybe your menu, when you have FP visits, how they went, etc. I can send you a ink to mine if you are interested.
~ Buy some books and put a "Donated by" with your business card taped over on the covers with clear tape. Drop them off at pediatricians offices, OB offices, and pediatric dentists.
~ craigslist
~ school hand-out. Contact them first and see if it is allowed.
Great suggestions. Love the book one, I have never heard of doing that. We even have a ped dentist near us too.
mia 11:08 AM 05-26-2015
Thank you ladies for the help....

I usually post on Kijiji, local paper, mail boxes, facebook mom's page for the area, school.

I have two web pages set up.

I have been doing child care for just over 21 years in total, I have been doing home based child care for 12 almost 13 years now.

Crazydaycarelady you have some great ideas thank you....

I do have an interview tomorrow night for a possible client (fingers crossed)....

Thanks again
Reply Up