Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>I Don't Know Why Kiddos Fight Napping...
ChelseaB 12:04 PM 03-23-2016
For whatever reason, today, I've been absolutely exhausted. Yawning, heavy eyes, and just feeling downright tired. I think we adults need nap more than the kids!

For heaven's sake, sweet children, nap! For one day, you'll be the adult who must work and wish that you could sleep instead!

Thank goodness for the Keurig. I coffee.
Thriftylady 12:32 PM 03-23-2016
Sing it girl!!! If someone told me to go take a nap, I would be in bed before they finished the sentence.
Ariana 01:12 PM 03-23-2016
You read my mind! Although I usually have great nappers but man do I envy them
daycare 01:16 PM 03-23-2016
I don't want to jinx myself, I have great nappers too. We have a strict consistent daily routine and the kids just all tend to get with the program.

It also helps that we are so active every morning that we just WIPE them out. lol

My kids are almost asleep at the table most days we have to remind them to wake up and finish your food. I do worry that one day someone is going to choke on their food.
Blackcat31 02:30 PM 03-23-2016
I am lucky to have good nappers too.
I am forever grateful for that.
I, however, HATE to sleep.
Thriftylady 02:44 PM 03-23-2016
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I am lucky to have good nappers too.
I am forever grateful for that.
I, however, HATE to sleep.
I will do your share!!!! And mine too by the way.
mamamanda 04:24 PM 03-23-2016
I was beyond blessed today. I am 8 months pregnant and I'm so tired. Today my aunt (who also acts as my sub on occasion) came over during nap time and offered to rub my back. Then she told me to go lay down until the kids got up and she would watch the kids. It was only like a 20 minute nap, but it made a huge difference in my day. So, so thankful!
ColorfulSunburst 04:34 PM 03-23-2016
I take 10-20 minutes nap almost every day but I have two assistants here during that time and I take nap in the same room and at the same time as the kids. This light nap allows me to work following five hours.
Febby 04:41 PM 03-23-2016
I've been known to nap on my lunch breaks. I eat lunch with the kids so I don't really need my lunch break for lunch. Usually I either sleep on the couch in the break room or I run errands.
Pepperth 04:48 PM 03-23-2016
Apparently I didn't nap as a child. Now I would love one. Even if I didn't sleep, I'd enjoy laying on my bed and reading for a few hours.
ChelseaB 04:37 AM 03-24-2016
My group is usually great about napping, but my new guys are still learning the routine. So that's been a bit of a learning curve for everyone lol!

Oh man, I envy you all that have assistants and such so that you can sneak a quick nap occasionally! I'm not normally a huge day napper, but every once in a while, it takes all my strength to get through the day!
Ariana 07:52 AM 03-24-2016
I am too addicted to House Of Cards to sleep during nap time right now!
ChelseaB 08:03 AM 03-24-2016
Originally Posted by Ariana:
I am too addicted to House Of Cards to sleep during nap time right now!
Lol! Never heard of that, but I find myself catching up on a show or two, playing a game, or just catching up cleaning during nap time -- that usually helps me stay more alert!
Tags:napping issues, won't sleep
Reply Up