Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Should They Stay Or Go?
daycare 10:21 AM 03-31-2011
DCB 3.5 has been having meltdowns all morning long. Finally got tired of dealing with it while trying to teach class, so I decided to have him lay down early for his nap. Sure enough, he fell asleep

We are supposed to be at the park right now, but am not sure if I should leave the boy here with my husband while the rest of us go to the park. Its supposed to be almost 90 today and I want to beat the heat.

This DCB will flip out if he does not get to go and I think the parents might too. Should I wake him to go or leave him here?
Unregistered 10:25 AM 03-31-2011
Leave him behind with your other provider. If he wakes up have your helper do something special with him so he doesn't feel excluded from the park. Likely he needs the sleep if he is already resting.
jessrlee 10:30 AM 03-31-2011
He sounds way over tired. Him "flipping out" I am old school so I would say tough dude, you were sleeping you can go next time. Parents "flipping out" I would hope that a parent would be more worried about their child getting some rest and feeling better. You could give them a ring and just say "hey, X was really off this morning so I had him lie down. He is still sleeping so I'm leaving him with hubs while I take the others to the park. Hopefully he has perked up by the time we get back!
daycare 11:13 AM 03-31-2011
thanks for the responses... We ended up not getting to go. The DCD flipped out as I thought he would and said that I was being unfair yada yada yada. I just don't have the fight in me today, so it looks like we will be going closer to closing time instead and just hope that the heat is not bad,.
jessrlee 11:16 AM 03-31-2011
Originally Posted by daycare:
thanks for the responses... We ended up not getting to go. The DCD flipped out as I thought he would and said that I was being unfair yada yada yada. I just don't have the fight in me today, so it looks like we will be going closer to closing time instead and just hope that the heat is not bad,.
Seriously! Grow up! Your kid is too tired to participate! Ugh... Why on earth would a parent even care that much? They are missing a trip to the park, not a big event or something. Sorry it didn't work out for you!
daycare 11:19 AM 03-31-2011
Originally Posted by jessrlee:
Seriously! Grow up! Your kid is too tired to participate! Ugh... Why on earth would a parent even care that much? They are missing a trip to the park, not a big event or something. Sorry it didn't work out for you!
Yeah i would like to welcome this DCD to the plant earth. He is one of those...lol

I think some of it has to do with the fact that he won't allow for my husband to provide care for his kid. He says its wrong that a man watch a child....lmao yeah I know silly. The kid has been here for over a year, the DCD talks to my husband like BFF when he see's him. Only if he knew that my husband can't stand him....lmao.

I think I could have runied this child's life forever by not allowing them to go to the park becuase they needed sleep more than a ride on the slide.....ugh
sorry, Im venting..
Evansmom 12:12 PM 03-31-2011
You can't always be fair. I probably would have left him there without telling the parents and then just handled it at pick up. But we have a prior agreement with my clients that it's okay if DH watches the kids from time to time in case I have to do something.

Plus why is the kid tired? Maybe b/c he's not going to bed at a decent hour? Or b/c he's growing. No fault of yours!
Lilbutterflie 12:47 PM 03-31-2011
I think it's perfectly fair to exclude him from the park. You said that he had been acting out all morning. He lost the priveledge of going to the park by using bad behavior.

You said that you didn't go b/c DCD flipped out... did you call him to make sure he was okay with you going to the park without him? I think I would have left him with your other provider and explained to him when you got back why he didn't get to go. I would not call the parents, I would have just explained at pick up why he did not get to go. There will be plenty of other trips to the park!
daycare 12:56 PM 03-31-2011
Originally Posted by Lilbutterflie:
I think it's perfectly fair to exclude him from the park. You said that he had been acting out all morning. He lost the priveledge of going to the park by using bad behavior.

You said that you didn't go b/c DCD flipped out... did you call him to make sure he was okay with you going to the park without him? I think I would have left him with your other provider and explained to him when you got back why he didn't get to go. I would not call the parents, I would have just explained at pick up why he did not get to go. There will be plenty of other trips to the park!
well until my handbook is finished, my curent handbook states that I will not leave the children with my back-up provider (my husband) without 24 hour advance notice or if it is an emergency.

Trust me I am so over this family, but I am not in a position to let go. I hate to have to say it but right now finding a replacement would not be easy. I have been advertising for almost two months without a bite.
countrymom 01:00 PM 03-31-2011
I wouldn't have said anything to the kid or the dad. If he's kid is tired then there is something that this family is not telling you. Its funny that you want to be honest with this family but I bet you they are not honest with you.
Lilbutterflie 01:03 PM 03-31-2011
Originally Posted by daycare:
well until my handbook is finished, my curent handbook states that I will not leave the children with my back-up provider (my husband) without 24 hour advance notice or if it is an emergency.

Trust me I am so over this family, but I am not in a position to let go. I hate to have to say it but right now finding a replacement would not be easy. I have been advertising for almost two months without a bite.
Aaah, I see. Yes, I guess you acted according to your handbook. Hands tied on that one.
daycare 01:08 PM 03-31-2011
Originally Posted by countrymom:
I wouldn't have said anything to the kid or the dad. If he's kid is tired then there is something that this family is not telling you. Its funny that you want to be honest with this family but I bet you they are not honest with you.
OMG you don't even know....lol they have been caught in lies before and I called them out on it.

This is the family of the DCB that wont drink while in care. The big sis rats mom and dad out all the time, I love it...

Like my husband said, it's not the kids fault that the dad is a douche bag....lmao sorry maybe that was not a nice thing to say.......
Tags:nap length
Reply Up