Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Too Excited!
LittleD 04:27 PM 06-11-2011
I'm going to start using my basement as my daycare space in a couple of weeks! I've been using my upstairs for both my family and my daycare, and it's gotten to be too crowded and a big hassle. I went to some garage sales today to start buying extra stuff, to try to set up centers for the kids. It'll be perfect in the summer, it's nice and cool down there. As my kids will be home, this will be great for them as well. If they get tired of the dck's they can just go upstairs It'll be much easier to maintain as well. This way if the upstairs is a mess, my family can't say it's not theirs and not want to clean it
The only sad thing is, I will have 3 kids in school all day, and only 1 or 2 toddlers. (1 might be leaving for a preschool center in Sept)

Any suggestions on what stations I can/should set up? I have a Little People village, a kitchen/doll center with dress up clothes and a reading center. Since I have 2 little ones, I don't want to leave the arts and crafts out as they will eat the glue and draw on the walls (or each other LOL)
momofsix 05:45 PM 06-11-2011
An area with some pillows and a basket for books for them to read. Different types of blocks (lego, bristle, wooden...) and cars. A table for table toys,puzzles etc... Since you don't want to leave out crayons and stuff magna-doodles are an option that can be left out safely!
I love having daycare in my basement!

Oops, sorry I missed you already have a reading corner
Abigail 06:01 PM 06-11-2011
You should have a music area. Have a shelf high enough for a simple boom box or cd/tape player to play music. Have some wall space to hang up pictures of a drum, guitar, piano, etc. Have some shelf space for musical instruments that are NOT battery operated. Some ideas would be to include a tambourine, cymbals, maracas, clacker, tone blocks or a triangle. You can also create your own "sound making creations" youself.
LittleD 06:18 PM 06-11-2011
Originally Posted by momofsix:
Since you don't want to leave out crayons and stuff magna-doodles are an option that can be left out safely!
Ahh yes! I had a couple of those, but some previous dck pressed so hard the holes let the metal fillings out

Originally Posted by Abigail:
You should have a music area. Have a shelf high enough for a simple boom box or cd/tape player to play music. Have some wall space to hang up pictures of a drum, guitar, piano, etc. Have some shelf space for musical instruments that are NOT battery operated. Some ideas would be to include a tambourine, cymbals, maracas, clacker, tone blocks or a triangle. You can also create your own "sound making creations" youself.
I had thought about instruments, but I forgot I wanted to have those! I really need to start writing a list!
Reply Up