Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>How Sick Is Too Sick
kayla 01:59 PM 11-21-2011
i have a 9 mon old baby hear with snot dripping from his nose and i was curious should i tell her to keep him home 2morrow?? dr said its common cold but hes a baby that also sticks everything in mouth??
daycare 02:04 PM 11-21-2011
my rule is clear runny nose with mild symptoms only. If they can function and are not ozzns snot or any other fluids, I allow them to stay.

You need to wash the little ones hands just like you do the olders.

If the child has stronger than mild symptoms and mouths toys, I would send them home and exclude them until free of discharge and excessive coughing or sneezing.

If it takes more time than allows to care for everyone, they need to stay home, You can't neglect others to care more for one child.

I think that is a good way to measure...
nannyde 02:52 PM 11-21-2011
Originally Posted by kayla:
i have a 9 mon old baby hear with snot dripping from his nose and i was curious should i tell her to keep him home 2morrow?? dr said its common cold but hes a baby that also sticks everything in mouth??
Did MOM say the dr said that or did you get that in writing?
Ariana 04:28 PM 11-21-2011
I'm ok as long as it's clear runny nose, no fever and the child isn't lethargic and is able to participate and go outside etc.
Sprouts 04:55 PM 11-21-2011
Welcome to the snot club! If every time you turn around there is snot dripping and they are just licking it up, and mouthing everything and rolling around throwing snot on the floor and God knows where else.....then yeah , they need to go home

I just switched to a "well only" daycare so lets see if that helps with this seasons cold and flu virus.
Tags:runny nose, sick policy
Reply Up