Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare and Taxes>Tax Preparer in Omaha, NE
TheGoodLife 07:55 PM 02-18-2013
Does anyone work in Omaha, NE and have a tax preparer that they would recommend? It's my first year and I've always done my own taxes before, but this is WAY over my head (for this year at least!). I'm looking for personal recommendations if possible. Otherwise I'll start calling around
Thanks!
frugalmama4 08:38 AM 02-19-2013
Hi,

Sorry I'm not in your area and don't know of anyone.

But, if you have done your own taxes I'm sure you can handle the business taxes as well. Between Tom Books 2012 Tax Workbook & Organizer, Record Keeping Guide, I'm sure you can get it done.

This is the first year I did my own for business (had a pro do them for my first year & really I did most of the work "making sure all my numbers/papers was in order and making sure she claimed all my allowable deductions. I had a list of questions for her that I got from this site and Tom's bolg...she used a basic tax software "which most pro's do in order to e-file your return. So by knowing your rights as it pertains to your business is key...if you can read you can do it yourself.

By the way...I hit submit on my taxes using TurboTax Sunday night...my return has been accepted by the IRS. I'm not the smartest cookie in the jar but I'm so proud of myself...I have a friend "another provider" who paid someone $450.00 to do her's this year...and the funny thing is this guy is using the same software I did "TurboTax" $450.00 (not from me).

Anywhoo-you can do it!
TomCopeland 09:13 AM 02-19-2013
Originally Posted by Mama2Bella:
Does anyone work in Omaha, NE and have a tax preparer that they would recommend? It's my first year and I've always done my own taxes before, but this is WAY over my head (for this year at least!). I'm looking for personal recommendations if possible. Otherwise I'll start calling around
Thanks!
Here's a tax preparer directory I organized. It's somewhat dated, but you might find someone:http://www.nafcc.org/index.php?optio...499&Itemid=105
TheGoodLife 11:42 AM 02-20-2013
I HATE spending money unnecessarily, but I get such a headache whenever I start to read about depreciation, TS% versus business ratios, and so forth I used to think of myself as pretty smart and could figure things like that out easily, but I'm really thinking about just paying this first year. Anyone else have any opinions- do it myself (a lot easier than I'm working it out to be?!) or give in and pay? Thanks guys!
frugalmama4 11:53 AM 02-20-2013
Not to push you into doing something, but you can do it.

Do you have Tom's books? If not order them...its your first step.
Reply Up