Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Home Made Play Kitchens
Small Town Provider 11:06 AM 11-12-2013
Has anyone ever made their own? I am thinking of doing this with an old entertainment center that I don't use for my girls and the daycare for Christmas.

I've never attempted anything like this before and I'm excited about it but worried that I might be getting in over my head because I have sooo many ideas and want it to look awesome.

Just wondering if anyone has done this and maybe has some tips, tricks or pics lol
Luna 11:18 AM 11-12-2013
Someone on this board did make one and it turned out very cute. I tried doing a quick search but no luck...maybe someone can find it?
butterfly 11:18 AM 11-12-2013
check out pinterest or even google diy kitchen play sets. There are tons of pics that look so awesome!!
Luna 11:21 AM 11-12-2013
Sorry, the thread I was thinking of is a stove...
https://www.daycare.com/forum/showth...ighlight=Stove
MotherNature 01:00 PM 11-12-2013
I was going to make one, but found a homemade one ,cheap, I could repaint & spruce up instead. The projects are pretty easy & straight-forward. Pinterest is your buddy in this. Looking forward to pics! If you want to see my before & after, they're in the decor group & in my albums. Dunno if you can access them though...Anyway..
misslori50 09:03 AM 11-13-2013
I was going to make one but i found a great one at the thrift store for 5$
Jack Sprat 11:57 AM 11-13-2013
I made one. Just the stove, I have yet to make the fridge. It was fun, simple and free!

Check pinterest for ideas, be creative and use what you have. Popsicle sticks are the burners, blocks painted black are the stove knobs. I used and old door towel hook thing for a towel holder on the side. Our paint was some stuff I had mixed with some random other colors.
Reply Up