Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare and Taxes>100% Daycare Rooms And Cats
kidkair 12:39 PM 11-30-2011
This past year my husband remodeled part of our house so that we don't have to even walk through the daycare rooms outside of daycare hours which will make them 100% daycare for all of 2012. My questions is do we also have to make sure the cats don't wandering into those rooms outside daycare hours? The cats usually stay with us in our rooms but will sometimes run into the daycare rooms to play while we are making dinner. All their toys, food, water, and such are stored and used in other rooms so there is no reason for them to be in the daycare rooms aside from them being cats and doing as they will. Thanks.
TomCopeland 02:02 PM 11-30-2011
Having cats wander through or play in the 100% business use room, does not destroy it's exclusive use. You are okay to claim this room as 100% business use for 2012. See my recent article: http://www.tomcopelandblog.com/2011/...exclusive.html
kidkair 03:04 PM 11-30-2011
Thanks for your quick reply!
Abigail 05:33 PM 12-25-2011
Wow, I never even thought of that question. I have exclusively used space for daycare, but we have a baby gate that blocks the area and my cats cannot jump it yet. Thank goodness! If they did we would probably install an actual door which would look silly. I like limiting how much cat hair goes into the daycare area and I like the cats being upstairs with mommy.
kidkair 03:48 PM 12-27-2011
My kitten will jump a 4 foot gate so there is no keeping him out of the daycare at this point which is why I asked. He is the daycare kitten so I wouldn't want him excluded during hours and like letting the cats roam free all the time so they can decide for themselves where they want/need to be.
Tags:cats, t/s%, taxes
Reply Up