Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Worst Day
Unregistered 03:08 PM 01-12-2012
Did you ever have a day that you just wanted to quit for good???? I am so frustrated today that I actually drafted a notice to one of the families. I sent it to my sister instead and am trying to just breath now. I sent my DD's with their Daddy to pick up my DS so I could enjoy the QUIET for 15 minutes ALONE!!!!!! The kids really didn't do anything wrong today, I know it is just me but the whining, arguing and well I will just say it the sound of their little voices pierced my ears today. We did a field trip and they had some listening issues, lunch was fine, naptime was great then PM freetime came and I was just in a mood. I set up playdoh and that helped but I was COUNTING the minutes until the parents came and just wanted to tell each parent off, for no reason other then I was annoyed with their child. OMG please let tomorrow be better, did I mention I started my period?

I am not logging in out of pure embarrassment for my feelings!!!
kidkair 03:19 PM 01-12-2012
I once had such a bad month of feeling frustrated and overwhelmed and burned out that I drafted and printed and signed notices to every parent that I was closing in two weeks. My husband saw them on my desk and topped it with a note of his own to me asking me to wait and really think it through. So glad he stopped me and so glad I termed one family shortly after that because getting rid of the largest problem helped a bunch and losing income from one family is way better than losing all the families.

Oh and I'm one to get very frustrated right before and right after my period so I understand. I suggest waiting a few days to make any lasting decision.
Unregistered 03:28 PM 01-12-2012
YES! I had one of those days earlier this week and I, too, am PMS'ing reallllllly bad. For me, it is the getting up early (5:30am) two days a week for one dcb (who is THE CUTEST LITTLE MAN EVER!!). It is really screwing with my sleep schedule and moods even on days he isn't here. It's been two months and isn't getting better.

Tuesday morning I actually debated terming but then he grinned at me and well, ya know....

Did I mention he is SO FREAAKING ADORABLE??

Ugh.
sharlan 03:31 PM 01-12-2012
My eldest dd is a raging lunatic during her periods. Fortunately, that's only a couple of times a year. Maybe you're just hormonal right now.
Cat Herder 03:35 PM 01-12-2012
Of course I have had days like that.

This time of year is notorious for it.... with late summer being a close second.

I think it is in EVERY field, not just daycare.

I think every parent has days like that... check out CafeMom if you don't believe me..

My DH is a saint about those kind of days.... He somehow see's it building and comes home bearing chocolate, silly movies and caffeine.
saved4always 06:43 PM 01-12-2012
Yes! I have had those days. I have one little DCB who l started watching when he was 3 months old last year. He was around 6 or 7 months old and he refused to nap. He was not happy up either so not napping was not an option. I actually drafted my notice to the parents during naptime one day. I also signed up on a jobs website looking for other work. Well, I did not give the notice to the parents and I never did apply for any other jobs. And now the little guy naps very well and he is such a sweetie. I am so glad I waited it out. I still get emails every day for the job site.....lol!
Meeko 07:40 PM 01-12-2012
We all have bad days. Don't feel bad about it.

One of my day care moms died this afternoon. She killed herself with a mega overdose of anti-depressants and prescription pain killers.

I was upset of course, but I later found myself actually irritated by the day kids who were happy. As if it was their fault!!

My son and Hubby took over and I went to the back room and had a damn good cry.

No PMS for me as I'm missing all the relevant equipment....but I am big time menopausal and an emotional basket case sometimes.

It happens to most women at some point in their lives.

It'll be better tomorrow......
Tags:stressed
Reply Up