Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Burnt Out? Mental Exhaustion? Summertime Blues?
wdmmom 09:47 PM 05-06-2011
I don't know about anybody else, but these past two weeks I've been struggling really bad! Struggling with schedule, struggling with staying on task, struggling with these long hours and the cleaning and the cooking. Ugh...I don't know how I got out of my routine, but it's taking everything I've got to find the happy medium between work and home life. It always seems like just when I think I'm caught up, I'm right back to loading and unloading the dishwasher, or hand washing dishes, or sweeping, or mopping or cleaning the bathroom, or sanitizing or laundry...and I have an assistant! Why on one hand do I feel so worn out yet on the other hand feel like I haven't gotten a thing accomplished?!

Has anyone else gone through this? Our family vacation is nearing and I can only hope that this is is the main distraction! All's I can think about is peace and quiet and sunshine and sand...ahh...sounds great, huh?! Last years vacation was nice but it took me 4 days to quit feeling guilty! I spent 4 days wondering about the daycare kids and who the parents had watching them and if they were okay and I just plain felt guilty for taking the time off.

This year I've made a promise to myself, and I even took an extra day! LOL No feeling guilty!!!

I really need a vacation! Warm weather and blue skies can't come soon enough!
QualiTcare 10:30 PM 05-06-2011
don't feel bad - we all have mental breakdowns! i went out last week and rented my own apartment. i told my husband i was tired of living in filth bc he was so disgusting, i went and paid for an apartment without even looking at it, and i spent the night sleeping in an empty (but clean) place on the floor!

i'm really wishing i had that money back right now bc i've been at home since, but just incase i go crazy within the next month - i have somewhere to go. i'm not doing daycare now, but i have/had the same overwhelmed feeling. i'd been working 60 hours a week while trying to keep up with my kids and stay on top of their homework, etc., and keep the house together at the same time. it gets to be too much sometimes and we need a break.

i'd recommend going your route of taking a vacation vs. the path i took though.
AfterSchoolMom 05:00 AM 05-07-2011
QualiT, I have always wanted my own apartment. I'd go that route in a heartbeat if I could afford it, just to have somewhere to escape to! A comfy bed and a TV would be all I'd need. Ahhh...

Wdmom, it may be the time of year. I know I always feel that way in the spring. For me, though, it's the countdown to the end of the school year. Enjoy your well earned vacation guilt free, and hopefully you'll feel better when you come home. In the meantime, can you get your assistant to help out a bit more, or ease up a bit on one or two of the things that you mentioned?
Kaddidle Care 06:38 AM 05-07-2011
A mother's work is never done.

One thing at a time - if it doesn't get done, there's always tomorrow. Maybe you need a change of routine. Do circle time at the end of the day - mix it up.

And most of all - ENJOY your vacation!

I think you've just got a touch of Spring fever.
nannyde 11:06 AM 05-07-2011
come and hang out with me. We can have the girly girls take care of the kids and we can just sit and watch cartoons. I haven't seen Nemo in months.
wdmmom 04:21 PM 05-08-2011
Originally Posted by nannyde:
come and hang out with me. We can have the girly girls take care of the kids and we can just sit and watch cartoons. I haven't seen Nemo in months.
That's sooo tempting! Thursdays are just the worst for me! I wish I could cut down to 4 day work weeks! HAHA...now I know I'm dreaming!

I can say this much...the warm weather and sun from the weekend definitely put me in good spirits and Monday and Tuesday look to be great too! We will be finding ourselves outside!
nannyde 05:54 PM 05-08-2011
Originally Posted by wdmmom:
That's sooo tempting! Thursdays are just the worst for me! I wish I could cut down to 4 day work weeks! HAHA...now I know I'm dreaming!

I can say this much...the warm weather and sun from the weekend definitely put me in good spirits and Monday and Tuesday look to be great too! We will be finding ourselves outside!
I wish we lived closer.

I don't transport kids but I could hire a donkey to come and cart my kids across 235 to WDM.
Tags:blues, burnt out
Reply Up