Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Interview - How Do You Approach Poor Sleep Habits?
HL0605 08:15 AM 02-13-2019
I had an interview last night where the mom asked how I would handle the fact that her 11 month old daughter only naps in a stroller. I was dumbfounded and just kind of explained how I couldn't do that here, and that she would need to nap in a pack n play at my house. The mom was convinced that she wouldn't do that, and asked if I could hold her at nap. I explained that I would help comfort her child as much as possible, but that no, I couldn't hold her child for two hours while she slept as I have 5 other children to care for, and nap time is my time to catch up on things and have a break.

She is interested in starting soon, but I feel I need to better clarify with mom that I will need her child to nap in a pack n play while here, and that she may do a lot of crying while she learns to do this as she has never developed this skill at home or with the current nanny. How frank would you be in your explanation?
Tags:heat stroke, infant care, parenting styles, positional asphyxia, positional asphyxiation, sids, sids prevention, suids
Up