Daycare.com Forum Force of Nature Disinfectant

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 09-23-2020, 10:18 AM
New Daycare.com Member

Default Is This Appropriate for a Child to Wear to Daycare?

One of my fb friends posted this and it got me wondering if its appropriate for a child to wear to daycare? Do you think it would offend people especially ones that don't vacvinate for either medical or religious reasons?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20200923-121344_Facebook.jpg (1.15 MB, 49 views)
Old 09-23-2020, 10:42 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

I love his parents. They must be from my tribe.

That is hilarious.
Old 09-23-2020, 10:49 AM
Daycare.com Member

Will it offend somebody? Sure, because that's the way our society is these days. Someone always has to feel they should be offended by different views.
Would I allow it? Yes, of course. I don't think it's malicious in any way. To me, it's no different than the shirts that say "My mom's #1" or a Trump or Biden shirt.
Old 09-23-2020, 10:53 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by springvalley112 View Post
One of my fb friends posted this and it got me wondering if its appropriate for a child to wear to daycare? Do you think it would offend people especially ones that don't vacvinate for either medical or religious reasons?
I'm sure it would offend somebody. People have such thin skin these days and will get offended over anything and everything.

I would absolutely allow it, though!

One side note, I always felt that it is so weird for parents to have their kids broadcast their personal beliefs. Like your child can't read and doesn't know what it says, why are you forcing them to wear that? Lol
Old 09-23-2020, 10:57 AM

* My take is that they don't want playdates with unvaccinated kids in their home. That is their choice.

Medically unvaccinated kids parents would most likely choose to keep their kids away from groups of kids without daycare cleaning regs and routines as well. That only makes sense. Their child is at higher risk.

Religious exemption parents made a choice that will keep their kids from being included in playdates with young children.

I think the shirt is a pretty clever way of limiting self-invites or requests for attendance from parents of unvaccinated kids for playdates outside of daycare.

I can't tell you how many parents tried to self-invite their kids to come play at my house.... it is a real problem for some families whose homes and lifestyles make other parents want to dump their kids there on weekends/vacations for "playdates". If you have a pool or trampoline or horse or lake or game room or you name it...they are coming.

My house was where all the neighborhood kids ended up, invited or not. Luckily, unvaccinated kids are a rarity here since they must be vaccinated to attend public schools and colleges by law. Private school is expensive.
Old Yesterday, 04:14 AM
Daycare.com Member and Bladesmith

Is it funny? Yes
Will it offend someone? Probably
Would I care in the least? Nope

Was it on here someone told a poster "You are offended. I found it funny. That's why I'm happier than you!" ? That was my first thought.
Old Yesterday, 10:34 AM

It’s one of those stupid political messages meant to divide people into categories of RIGHT and WRONG and I hate self righteousness and virtue signalling, especially when using a kid to do it. This kid is being used to portray a sentiment He has no understanding of and it’s dumb.

Virtue Signalling
noun Sometimes Disparaging.
the sharing of one's point of view on a social or political issue, often on social media, in order to garner praise or acknowledgment of one’s righteousness from others who share that point of view, or to passively rebuke those who do not:

P.s not offended just rolling my eyes worthy

Tags
appropriate clothing, funny parents, offensive, playdates, vaccinations