Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Is It Wrong....
Hunni Bee 06:31 AM 01-24-2017
That I don't take/post as many pictures of one of my dcks because I know his mom doesn't use brightwheel?

lovemydaycare0912 07:02 AM 01-24-2017
Originally Posted by Hunni Bee:
That I don't take/post as many pictures of one of my dcks because I know his mom doesn't use brightwheel?

Nope. I have 1 kid who is challenging and I've suspected autism and so has doctors. Mom is in denial. He hates doing all and any activities so I don't post many pics of him either. She's never mentioned anything but she knows he doesn't like activities or crafts and I don't force him either.
Ariana 08:23 AM 01-24-2017
Originally Posted by lovemydaycare0912:
Nope. I have 1 kid who is challenging and I've suspected autism and so has doctors. Mom is in denial. He hates doing all and any activities so I don't post many pics of him either. She's never mentioned anything but she knows he doesn't like activities or crafts and I don't force him either.
I had a similar situation. I would take pictures of the kids and he was always standing off to the side afraid of the other kids. Anytime there was a picture of him with the others I had to snap it right before he moved away because the other kids were there. I got a little tired of keeping up the facade that everything was "fine".
daycarediva 09:29 AM 01-24-2017
I have TWO parents who don't access the app AT ALL, they never even signed up for it when I sent the email invitation.

So yup, why would I go out of my way to take pictures of their child when I can't one click share it?

When I upload on the dc facebook page, I only upload those children who have parents on fb, otherwise I don't bother unless they are in a group photo.

I also tell parents that's it- I'm not going out of my way to share photos of their child (one asked for an end of EACH DAY email with pictures.) No way! I gave you TWO options, you can chose one or the other, both, or no pictures.
Cat Herder 09:56 AM 01-24-2017
Not wrong at all.

I used to post fun pictures all week, every week. In the last few years parents stopped participating or even acknowledging the effort that took, so I stopped doing it.

Looking back, I wish I had put that much effort into taking my own kids photos that often.

I still do the photo sections of their portfolios to "show evidence" when I am completing routine observations, reflections and assessments.
Mike 10:59 AM 01-24-2017
It's up to you who you take pictures of and how many you take, but the sharing of photos is a whole new league.

As a general rule, photos of people or any recognizable private property, can't be shown to others without permission of all involved in the photo. "modelling contract"

Most parents don't care if you show other parents pictures that include both parents kids, but legally, if they don't sign a modelling contract or at least a permission slip, you can run into trouble for showing a parent a pic that includes their kid and another one.

The setup for my new business will be a section on the contract where parents show whether or not other parents are allowed to see pictures their child is in. If one parent says no, things get complicated, and unfair. They get to see any pictures (or videos), but other parents can't see any that include their child. To make it fair, if a parent doesn't want others to see pic their child is in, they won't get access to any pix that include more than just their child.

How I plan to do it...
Pictures will go on my website, in a password protected area. Pictures will be labeled with who is in them, and when a parent logs in, they will have access to the appropriate pix.
284878 05:50 AM 01-25-2017
Originally Posted by Mike:
It's up to you who you take pictures of and how many you take, but the sharing of photos is a whole new league.

As a general rule, photos of people or any recognizable private property, can't be shown to others without permission of all involved in the photo. "modelling contract"

Most parents don't care if you show other parents pictures that include both parents kids, but legally, if they don't sign a modelling contract or at least a permission slip, you can run into trouble for showing a parent a pic that includes their kid and another one.

The setup for my new business will be a section on the contract where parents show whether or not other parents are allowed to see pictures their child is in. If one parent says no, things get complicated, and unfair. They get to see any pictures (or videos), but other parents can't see any that include their child. To make it fair, if a parent doesn't want others to see pic their child is in, they won't get access to any pix that include more than just their child.

How I plan to do it...
Pictures will go on my website, in a password protected area. Pictures will be labeled with who is in them, and when a parent logs in, they will have access to the appropriate pix.
Not to mention if a parent that does not sign, can tell that their child is in a posted photo, even if it is just an arm or a leg, they can ask you to remove the photo and legally can sue. (Even if no one else can tell who the arm belongs to.)

Also, it is, in the US, illegal to post any picture that contains a child that is in foster care, even if the foster parent signs the release.

So my permission slip is for me to take pictures for record keeping purposes only. It also states that if they snap a picture, they can not post it if it contains another child or my child.
Hunni Bee 09:55 AM 01-25-2017
This is just for brightwheel. We have a whole comprehensive photo release form for advertising, social media, etc because we're part of a corporation.

Parents consent to have their children photographed for brightwheel. This particular parent is just so incredibly busy that she can't be bothered to download and set the app up.
Crazy8 05:17 PM 01-25-2017
I have one who hasn't signed up and I don't even worry about updating his daily report unless its something I do for "all checked in" kids.
Reply Up