Daycare.com Forum Kidacare by Minute Menu Force of Nature Disinfectant

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-13-2017, 04:07 PM
KayB's Avatar
KayB KayB is offline
New Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 132
Default Personalized Stuffed Animal

Someone had mentioned they had gotten their dck a personalized bear for Christmas one year off of Etsy. I am interested in finding out where this was ordered from but can't seem to find it....can someone help me out
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-13-2017, 04:43 PM
lovemykidstoo's Avatar
lovemykidstoo lovemykidstoo is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: U.S.
Posts: 4,645
Default

Here it is. Courtesy of Storybookending

https://www.etsy.com/listing/4773973..._home_active_6


I think that may be what you were talking about anyway
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-13-2017, 04:44 PM
storybookending's Avatar
storybookending storybookending is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 1,479
Default

I posted these that I got for my kiddos last year? If this is what you are interested in I can pm you the ladies Etsy shop name.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg B16288AE-6030-461C-B8EC-2FA922D543B1.jpeg (257.9 KB, 12 views)
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-13-2017, 04:45 PM
storybookending's Avatar
storybookending storybookending is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 1,479
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemykidstoo View Post
Here it is. Courtesy of Storybookending

https://www.etsy.com/listing/4773973..._home_active_6


I think that may be what you were talking about anyway
Hah or yeah this is her. I didnít know if we were allowed to post links to stuff like that. I donít know the girl personally or anything, just used her last year and I was happy with the items I received.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-13-2017, 04:45 PM
lovemykidstoo's Avatar
lovemykidstoo lovemykidstoo is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: U.S.
Posts: 4,645
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by storybookending View Post
I posted these that I got for my kiddos last year? If this is what you are interested in I can pm you the ladies Etsy shop name.
I just love those. I was thinking of doing those with a book that went along with them. Any ideas of books that would go with them good?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-13-2017, 04:46 PM
lovemykidstoo's Avatar
lovemykidstoo lovemykidstoo is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: U.S.
Posts: 4,645
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by storybookending View Post
Hah or yeah this is her. I didnít know if we were allowed to post links to stuff like that. I donít know the girl personally or anything, just used her last year and I was happy with the items I received.
Oh shoot, I didn't even think of that. If it's not allowed, someone can delete for me. Sorry
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-13-2017, 04:46 PM
storybookending's Avatar
storybookending storybookending is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 1,479
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemykidstoo View Post
I just love those. I was thinking of doing those with a book that went along with them. Any ideas of books that would go with them good?
Iím in a book dilemma myself actually! I was thinking of doing books with xmas pjs this year. Havenít looked into what book/books yet though.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-13-2017, 04:49 PM
lovemykidstoo's Avatar
lovemykidstoo lovemykidstoo is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: U.S.
Posts: 4,645
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by storybookending View Post
Iím in a book dilemma myself actually! I was thinking of doing books with xmas pjs this year. Havenít looked into what book/books yet though.
I did the mini pillow pets one year and those kids loved that. I wonder how much it would be to make small (pack and play size) fleece blankets. You know the kind you cut and tie. How many yard would you need for that?
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-13-2017, 04:52 PM
storybookending's Avatar
storybookending storybookending is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 1,479
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemykidstoo View Post
I did the mini pillow pets one year and those kids loved that. I wonder how much it would be to make small (pack and play size) fleece blankets. You know the kind you cut and tie. How many yard would you need for that?
I just did crib sized tie blankets for my kids in September (to stay here on their toddler beds for nap). Fleece is not cheap! Cost me almost $70 to make the four blankets. I did a cute pattern on the top and basic gray on the bottom.. the basic gray is why is got so expensive.. it was excluded from the sale they were having at Jo Annís. Iím happy how they turned out though.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-13-2017, 04:55 PM
lovemykidstoo's Avatar
lovemykidstoo lovemykidstoo is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: U.S.
Posts: 4,645
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by storybookending View Post
I just did crib sized tie blankets for my kids in September (to stay here on their toddler beds for nap). Fleece is not cheap! Cost me almost $70 to make the four blankets. I did a cute pattern on the top and basic gray on the bottom.. the basic gray is why is got so expensive.. it was excluded from the sale they were having at Jo Annís. Iím happy how they turned out though.
Shoot. Scratch that idea then. How many yards did you use? I read it's like 1 1/2 yards, but that would be double right because you have 2 sheets of it.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 11-13-2017, 04:59 PM
storybookending's Avatar
storybookending storybookending is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 1,479
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemykidstoo View Post
Shoot. Scratch that idea then. How many yards did you use? I read it's like 1 1/2 yards, but that would be double right because you have 2 sheets of it.
Yeah I just did 1 yard (so 1 yd top 1 yd bottom) and it doesn’t quite cover the whole mattress but all my kids in toddler beds are obviously old enough to have pillows and the pillows cover the few inches at the top when the beds are made and they are plently big to cover my girls when in the beds. I’ve been trying to upload a photo of them but it keeps failing.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 11-13-2017, 05:04 PM
storybookending's Avatar
storybookending storybookending is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 1,479
Default



Testing
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 11-13-2017, 05:17 PM
lovemykidstoo's Avatar
lovemykidstoo lovemykidstoo is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: U.S.
Posts: 4,645
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by storybookending View Post


Testing
Those are cute! Do they go underneath the pillows? Just trying to judge size.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 11-13-2017, 05:21 PM
lovemykidstoo's Avatar
lovemykidstoo lovemykidstoo is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: U.S.
Posts: 4,645
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by storybookending View Post
Iím in a book dilemma myself actually! I was thinking of doing books with xmas pjs this year. Havenít looked into what book/books yet though.
Maybe we should start a thread about that. The hard part would be to get a book they don't already have.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 11-13-2017, 05:32 PM
storybookending's Avatar
storybookending storybookending is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 1,479
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemykidstoo View Post
Those are cute! Do they go underneath the pillows? Just trying to judge size.
Yes they fight most of the crib mattress under the pillow. They are all slightly different sizes, probably from how I cut the strips as I just freehand cut them. Iíd say they are about 6 inches shorter than the mattress length.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemykidstoo View Post
Maybe we should start a thread about that. The hard part would be to get a book they don't already have.
Thatís why I havenít looked into it much. I hear from so many of the parents how many books they have. Two families have actually donated excess books to the daycare already so Iím hesitant to just give them more and might just do the pjs and a little edible treat or something instead.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 11-13-2017, 06:26 PM
lovemykidstoo's Avatar
lovemykidstoo lovemykidstoo is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: U.S.
Posts: 4,645
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by storybookending View Post
Yes they fight most of the crib mattress under the pillow. They are all slightly different sizes, probably from how I cut the strips as I just freehand cut them. Iíd say they are about 6 inches shorter than the mattress length.


Thatís why I havenít looked into it much. I hear from so many of the parents how many books they have. Two families have actually donated excess books to the daycare already so Iím hesitant to just give them more and might just do the pjs and a little edible treat or something instead.
Same here. I hear all the time how many books they have. Really leaning towards the blankets. If I can get a good deal on fleece. By the time I bought a book and the little stuffed animals with their name on it, it'd be close in price anyway.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 11-13-2017, 07:17 PM
storybookending's Avatar
storybookending storybookending is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 1,479
Default

Well my decision was just made I just logged into target.com to check on the pjs I had put in my cart for the kiddos and they are 20% off.

I got these for the girls
https://www.target.com/p/toddler-gir...t/-/A-52351921

And these for the boys
https://www.target.com/p/toddler-boy...t/-/A-52351891

I have 4 girls (all in 3T) so I got two sets of those and Iíll give each girl one pair of the PJs. The bottoms will be a little big on my youngest but sheís my niece and sheíll also be getting family presents from me so Iím not worried about it.

Both my my boys are in size 18-24months clothes so I just got them 2T. If theyíre a little big itís okay they are just pjs.

So far we are at $6.41 per kid.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 11-13-2017, 07:50 PM
lovemykidstoo's Avatar
lovemykidstoo lovemykidstoo is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: U.S.
Posts: 4,645
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by storybookending View Post
Well my decision was just made I just logged into target.com to check on the pjs I had put in my cart for the kiddos and they are 20% off.

I got these for the girls
https://www.target.com/p/toddler-gir...t/-/A-52351921

And these for the boys
https://www.target.com/p/toddler-boy...t/-/A-52351891

I have 4 girls (all in 3T) so I got two sets of those and Iíll give each girl one pair of the PJs. The bottoms will be a little big on my youngest but sheís my niece and sheíll also be getting family presents from me so Iím not worried about it.

Both my my boys are in size 18-24months clothes so I just got them 2T. If theyíre a little big itís okay they are just pjs.

So far we are at $6.41 per kid.
Those are so cute!!! Great find!
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 11-13-2017, 08:16 PM
storybookending's Avatar
storybookending storybookending is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 1,479
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemykidstoo View Post
Those are so cute!!! Great find!
What are the odds Iíll ever have a perfect number of kids all the same sizes?
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 11-14-2017, 03:43 AM
Josiegirl's Avatar
Josiegirl Josiegirl is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Right here
Posts: 10,314
Default

As far as the book concerns, you could write a little something personal in the front of each book and maybe it would hold more of a keepsake value then?
I've been looking all over amazon for special books for my dcks. I found Carl Sams ll books about nature/winter/photography. I love them because the pictures are gorgeous; I think those are the ones I'm looking towards for the dcks. Or if you have a local author that could sign them; for example, Reeve Lindbergh lives close by and every once in awhile visits a book store or library and does book signings.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 11-14-2017, 07:57 AM
Snowmom's Avatar
Snowmom Snowmom is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: USA
Posts: 1,474
Default

Just FYI for anyone looking for more personalized gift ideas:

Every year around Thanksgiving, Disney ("shopdisney") has an online special and slashes their prices on gifts. You can get them personalized really cheap too.

I got personalized fleece blankets that had my choice of Disney characters embroidered on the corner for about $10 each.

Actually, you can order them on sale right now for $12 and free shipping: https://www.shopdisney.com/spider-ma...izable-1435911

Personalizing is extra ($6).

Last edited by Snowmom; 11-14-2017 at 07:58 AM. Reason: more info
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 11-14-2017, 08:04 AM
lovemykidstoo's Avatar
lovemykidstoo lovemykidstoo is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: U.S.
Posts: 4,645
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowmom View Post
Just FYI for anyone looking for more personalized gift ideas:

Every year around Thanksgiving, Disney ("shopdisney") has an online special and slashes their prices on gifts. You can get them personalized really cheap too.

I got personalized fleece blankets that had my choice of Disney characters embroidered on the corner for about $10 each.

Actually, you can order them on sale right now for $12 and free shipping: https://www.shopdisney.com/spider-ma...izable-1435911

Personalizing is extra ($6).
Dang, I wish that included personalizing! Are you getting them without them being personalized?
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 11-14-2017, 08:22 AM
Snowmom's Avatar
Snowmom Snowmom is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: USA
Posts: 1,474
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemykidstoo View Post
Dang, I wish that included personalizing! Are you getting them without them being personalized?
I bought them 2 years ago. I waited until Thanksgiving weekend, when they were even lower in price with free shipping.

Also, if you use Ebates, there is a 4% cash back on Shop Disney. So, you will get cash back too.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 11-14-2017, 08:25 AM
Snowmom's Avatar
Snowmom Snowmom is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: USA
Posts: 1,474
Default

You could probably use coupon codes too.
I just did a quick search and saw two. One for $10 off $50: DRVCPEACE

And there was another one for $20 off $100 too.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 11-14-2017, 09:34 AM
lovemykidstoo's Avatar
lovemykidstoo lovemykidstoo is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: U.S.
Posts: 4,645
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowmom View Post
I bought them 2 years ago. I waited until Thanksgiving weekend, when they were even lower in price with free shipping.

Also, if you use Ebates, there is a 4% cash back on Shop Disney. So, you will get cash back too.
I'm going to keep an eye on them. That's a perfect gift. I do have ebates too and saw the 4% yea! Love Ebates!
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 11-14-2017, 11:26 AM
Josiegirl's Avatar
Josiegirl Josiegirl is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Right here
Posts: 10,314
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemykidstoo View Post
I'm going to keep an eye on them. That's a perfect gift. I do have ebates too and saw the 4% yea! Love Ebates!
If they're the same Disney fleece blankets that BC told us about, I got them too(year before last I think?). They were really nice blankets, big, fluffy and the dcks loved that they had their names on them. Plus most kids have their fav Disney characters so everybody got one that they liked.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 11-14-2017, 11:27 AM
lovemykidstoo's Avatar
lovemykidstoo lovemykidstoo is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: U.S.
Posts: 4,645
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josiegirl View Post
If they're the same Disney fleece blankets that BC told us about, I got them too(year before last I think?). They were really nice blankets, big, fluffy and the dcks loved that they had their names on them. Plus most kids have their fav Disney characters so everybody got one that they liked.
I'm going to keep checking. Maybe they'll have a good deal on Cyber Monday.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 11-14-2017, 01:43 PM
KayB's Avatar
KayB KayB is offline
New Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 132
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemykidstoo View Post
Here it is. Courtesy of Storybookending

https://www.etsy.com/listing/4773973..._home_active_6


I think that may be what you were talking about anyway
It is!! Thank you!!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
stuffed animals

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Stuffed Apples With Gluten Free SnickerDoodle Bunny Crumble Healthy_Budz Daycare Menus, Breakfast, Lunch and Snack Ideas 0 05-29-2015 03:17 AM
Stuffed Animals Francine Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 8 12-10-2012 11:31 AM
Sleeping with Stuffed Animal? newtodaycare22 Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 3 09-28-2012 11:53 AM
Animal Expenses wdmmom Daycare and Taxes 3 05-15-2012 10:28 AM
Washing Stuffed Animals and Lunch Ideas Momof2Boys Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 11 12-01-2010 07:58 AM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:42 AM.



Daycare.com         Find A Daycare         List Your Daycare         Toys & Products                 About Us

Daycare.com
Please read our Disclaimer before continuing.

Topics pertain mainly to the following States:

Alabama Alaska Arizona Arkansas California Colorado Connecticut Delaware District of Columbia Florida Georgia Hawaii Idaho Illinois Indiana Iowa Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Maine Maryland Massachusetts Michigan Minnesota Mississippi Missouri Montana Nebraska Nevada New Hampshire New Jersey New Mexico New York North Carolina North Dakota Ohio Oklahoma Oregon Pennsylvania Rhode Island South Carolina South Dakota Tennessee Texas Utah Vermont Virginia Washington West Virginia Wisconsin Wyoming